Fut With Dr. B-sanga 3567 Grafts Today | HairLossTalk Forums

Fut With Dr. B-sanga 3567 Grafts Today

Discussion in 'Hair Transplant FUT Before and After Photos' started by Rocknroutlaw, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Rocknroutlaw

Rocknroutlaw Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi all,
    I just came straight out of the BHR Clinic in Belgium after a long day's procedure.
    Graft breakdown:
    Single hair =415,
    Doubles=2058,
    Triples=1024,
    4 hairs=70.
    Total:3567 grafts.

I will be requesting pre and post surgery photos as they become available. In the meantime, here are two selfies.
    I am a 46 y.o. with NW3v. I chose FUT for 2 main reasons: larger number of grafts more likely achievable, and no need for a full head shave.
    At the moments it's painful as hell, and I'm super paranoid about accidentally wiping my hand across the fresh grafts or something equally silly, so I shall be hiding in my hotel as much as possible before heading back to UK tomorrow. I hope to get thru this critical post-op care period!

Attached Files:

#1 Rocknroutlaw, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  2. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi guys ,it's day 9 since the procedure. Unfortunately i haven't yet received any photos from the clinic.
    The FUT scar seems fairly tidy, although still feeling the pain only when you touch it.
    No signs of shedding as yet.
    Apologies for the photo quality.. This is the best my phone can do. Opinions please!

Attached Files:

3. AnxiousAndy

AnxiousAndy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Looks to be growing in nicely! I think you'll have great results :)

4. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for your comment.
    Compared to other guys who had a similar amount of scalp covered, do you think the number of grafts seem right? I have fine hair with diffuse thinning which probably makes the result less good.
    Also I'm now entering ugly duckling phase (1 month post-op) and the shedding seems uneven. I'd like to believe this is temporary and not indicative of results lol. I've seen plenty other posts with pictures, but mine does seem rather unevenly shedding at some spots..

Attached Files:

#4 Rocknroutlaw, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    MikeConner likes this.
  5. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I finally received the photos from clinic.
    I shall spare you from the scabby photos immediately after the procedure, but here are the photos pre-transplant....
    It was mentioned that the crown is also rather thin, but Dr. B was not concerned. He would rather focus on the frontal third and mid-scalp (having understood that his approach is generally conservative and realistic, I was a little surprised how low he managed to bring the hairline).
    It was understood that transplant will never match donor density, but I am hoping for good coverage and perhaps a fringe. As the hair loss seems stabilized before the procedure, I am hoping with all the maintenance regime I'm willing to keep committing to, the crown will blend in and won't cause an issue anytime soon.
    I asked about the transplant density, and here is the response:
    "The hairline is rebuilt with 1 hair follicles and the density is usually between 50-60 FU/cm2. The density is decreased the more we move the back as bigger groupings are placed, so less grafts are needed to fill a cm2.".
    I guess that is not to say it was necessarily the density I actually received, but what I had was deemed realistic with the number of grafts vs area for coverage.

Attached Files:

6. Rocknroutlaw

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    2 months update:
    These pics were taken before, 1 week, 1 month, and 2 months after the procedure.
    Between month 1 and 2, some more shedding occurred (particularly noticeable on the temple as per pic). It does seem to be more sparse on one side than the other which I hope won't be how they turn out eventually.
    I would say I have lost 50% of the grafts. The shedding happened mostly in the corners, but strangely the lowered hairline is holding on with a few thin hairs defining it which have not fallen out.
    The FUT scar seems to be healing nicely and I have mostly forgotten about it.
    As you can see, the crown (where the work was NOT done on, just behind the transplanted part) looks rather thin....I have been continuing with Finasteride, Minoxidil across the whole scalp, and weekly microneedling 2mm using Derminator on the crown section only. I do not want another procedure in future if I can avoid it.
    I have not touched a drop of alcohol since, and eating mostly healthy with high antioxidant/anti inflammatory foods in mind.
    I have no idea what more to do to maximise the chances of success, so I shall hope for the best.

Attached Files:

7. jamesbooker1975

jamesbooker1975 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thinks looking good ! Please, keep us update, I am really interested on this Doctor.