Funny Propecia Ads

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
Merck, the makers of Propecia, have created a new marketing campaign called The Stunners, which includes 2 commercials (so far) that are wildly amusing. I thought I’d show them for your enjoyment

http://www.thestunners.com/

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
WTF.
I really didn't expect that sort of slap in the face from Merck.
Any twinge of guilt I had about using generic finasteride is officially gone.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OMG!!

Are they going up in agression now their patent is expiring??

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those commercials are plain stupid, evil, wicked and upsetting.

They couldn´t have done it worse.

If you recall, I´ve always had the opinion that humour is humour and that we are able to laugh at everything, when we were discussing the snickers comercial. But this time this is not funny. Snickers commercial was probably the last line allowed. Partially break at the end when the motherfucking NW1 politically correct jap appeared laughing with his moronish f***-face. But now it´s not even funny.

The realism of the situations they made is just too evil, specially when confronted to the "shock" (that is completely artificial) of the revealing of the stupidly bald women.

They emphasize on the embarrasment the guy feels. It´s almost like if he wants to die.

WTF!!?? It´s a f*****g woman who looks like the daughter of Predator!!!.

A balding man isn´t a freak of nature, there are plenty of them around, no one is going to f*****g puke at the very first sighting of one of them, not even the most shallow of the women!!

No one would have done the same with any other single disease of the human body. Even of much lesser importance, as, for example, cellulite.

But putting a heavy disgraceful stigma on a bald man is ok. They are no more than stupid men losing their f*****g hair. Who cares??. We have the only f*****g thing that works for them, let´s make them feel like sh*t for being what they are and can´t avoid to be!!.

A f*****g cellulitic woman, or a fat one, at least has some freedom about it, they can make a diet or whatever. But imagine Lóreal Paris making a commercial about one of their fake useless creams where a guy pukes when they rub his face against a cellulitic arse, and screams out loudly after: "You should treat this rotten piece of sh*t you got hanging here with Lóreal Paris Anticellulite before I can even live in the same town as you. Bye, bye, monster, I´m going to... whatever, I´m leaving!".

They would even get legal issues and a f*****g riot at their door!!

Let´s go to Merck and their commercial agency and KILL THEM ALL!!!

Let´s NORWOOD BOMB MERCK until there´s no one left!!!

Let´s DO THE BALD JIVE OVER THEIR GRAVES and chant: "DUDE WHO YA FOOLIN´ NOW???"!!!

And then let´s call for RESPECT about a f*****g disease that was at the back of my mind every second when I was between 18-24y old, always trying to make the worst of my best years in life.

"Dude who you foolin´?"

Me no one. You (merck) have been fooling ill people, normal people with a disease, charging 5x the price in a pill for years, while commercializing the same pill with 5x quantity. Shame-less. Go f*** you.

I´m fill with anger. I hope someone would manage to sue Merck or bomb their installations or something. I´m financing Al-Quaeda if they compromise on nuking Merck factories. I want to end those suckers. (And their marketing agency). For god´s shake, I even want to kill the bald woman with the stupid hat. I want to blow his head with a shotgun, pierce that bald plastic disguise and say: "Hide this under a hat now, biooottch!!".

G

shh5455 said:
I don't see where it is related to Merck.

look at the bottom of the link's web page. merck sponsored the ads. merck created propecia.... do the math.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I´ve seen the commercials again. They are funny.

HarryBalls_33_m.jpg

bubka

Reaction score
pretty aggressive and totally new from Merck... though confirms what we all know, wanting to have hair is all about wanting to get laid!

do you think a certain generic had anything to do with it... hmmm???

UPDATE:

propecia is FDA approved for crown hairloss (yet we know it does much more than that) yet the ads show frontal... is that ethical?

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, it won't be long before weight loss ads and penis enlargment ads can use the same methods. I think laws are the only thing that stops ads from getting too far. most of the stuff does not work. propecia is just one that actually works kind of well.

CCS

Reaction score
i don't have a sound card or the right media player, so I did not see them.

i hope they don't make it acceptable for women to treat bald men like freaks.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
those ads are ridiculous!

i dont even know where to start,merck are total cu$$s for making something like that!

i have a million opinions on the subject but just dont know where to start

:roll:

CCS

Reaction score
would someone please state what happened in tbe ad? i can't view it.

bubka

Reaction score
it has guys at a bar wanting to hit on chicks, in both cases (2 or 4 have been released) the girls are very attractive, one is only seen from behind, the other has a hat. The guys are very interested then the one girl turns around from the bar and had a extremely receded hairline, the other woman reveals the same by taking off her hat. Both guys are totally uninterested after the revelation. The ad states, "she thinks the same thing about you" or something like that...

youtube links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh0UWRwIy_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbLY_pybeH8

CCS

Reaction score
That is insulting. I'd date a balding woman if she had a pretty face and body. Now women are going to use that commercial as an excuse to reject us meanly, saying, "you'd reject me too if I were bald."

The net result is still the same. It is just more socially acceptable for them to be mean now.

bubka

Reaction score
the point is to scare men with fear of not being attractive to women if being bald, because the same is true if reversed.

it's pretty effective if you ask me, like it or not

nightlife

Reaction score
why are they trying their hardest to insult their customer base???? i dont see mcdonalds saying: hey! you're fat! eat some more! that the f*** are they thinking???