Funding Desmond to go to World Hair Congress 2014 in South Korea!

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really?? Really?? These people are the ones who are hurting, not you...well, you are, but you can change that...again, these are the kind of people whose approval you want, then you're getting exactly what you ask for...

...just wait for your friends girl to pop out a couple of kids, her tit's sagging, her pussy stretched out, her looks failing here....then what???

fvcking grow up

I don't really care for their 'approval'. I don't need validation. I simply don't want to be treated as something less. But suppose I did go FULLY bald. What then? Pretty much EVERYONE laughs at baldness. You can't simply cutout people from your life because they mock you indirectly (or even directly), you'd essentially end up being a recluse.

The only 'approval' I seek is from woman that would give me a chance for a relationship. Baldness is an undesired trait and there are far fewer women that are accepting of baldness than there are balding men. So what can you do if your'e basically undesired? And I'm NOT speaking of '10/10' women... this feeling of repulsiveness towards baldness goes for all women. And I don't even want a '10/10' woman because I have nothing in common with them; the vast majority are shallow, materialistic and quite frankly... real fvcking stupid. A reasonably high IQ is much more of a priority for me.

A lot of my friends always give me sh!t about which female celebrities I find attractive because they're not 'hot'... so I dont have high standards in regards to physical appearances.... hell, the one girl I was crazy about years back was one I was never attracted to at all initially. It was ONLY after I spent some time working with her that I really warmed up to her and found her attractive based solely on personality. I know I'm not a casanova and will more than likely NEVER score a '10' but if people say things like 'you need to drop your standards, you can't expect a 10' when I basically already have and I'm STILL struggling... THATS when it hurts. You start to think 'whats wrong with me?'

- - - Updated - - -

The messed up part is that she's actually very much into me and often says how I'm 'the perfect guy for her'. But these feelings from her have only come out AFTER she was diagnosed with MS. While she knows my hairline has gone to sh!t, I only wonder if she'd still be around if she didn't have MS. She's a ridiculously intelligent girl, but that comment from her was an eye opener... not just in regards to her but for anyone else. I mean, are people really genuine when they say something to put you in a positive light?

You're probably thinking; would you (hellouser) go for her?

In a hearbeat. But she's got MS... which is something that has crippled her physically and psychologically so I don't even know if a relationship would be feasible. Not to mention the distance between Toronto & Calgary.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

yep...you hit the nail right on the head...

...I don't like losing my hair as much as anybody, but there's a point at which enough is enough...Some of the stuff being written here by Hellouser and ZA has gone over the line, and I'm starting to feel a bit sickened by it, on their behalf...

...you guys need to get professional help...on a human level, I strongly urge you guys to seek it...this isn't funny anymore

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

...I don't like losing my hair as much as anybody, but there's a point at which enough is enough...Some of the stuff being written here by Hellouser and ZA has gone over the line, and I'm starting to feel a bit sickened by it, on their behalf...

...you guys need to get professional help...on a human level, I strongly urge you guys to seek it...this isn't funny anymore

This doesn't make any sense Why is it funny for people to see a balding guy but NOT funny to feel like sh!t about people laughing at you over it?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
This doesn't make any sense Why is it funny for people to see a balding guy but NOT funny to feel like sh!t about people laughing at you over it?

...you're perspective is completely delusional....when I said "this isn't funny anymore", it's a figure-of-speech...I never said it is funny to see a balding guy... Walk down the street and see every other guy bald or balding -- I don't see people pointing and laughing....

...you're seeing things, and creating stories in your mind that isn't happening...so there are people who are prejudiced against bald guys -- get the FVCK over it!!! It isn't a rampant social disease where the world is ganging up on bald guys....

...seriously -- you're messed up dude...get help or work it out before you really do damage to your mental health, or your physical health....I'm being serious here...this is NOT GOOD!!!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
...you're perspective is completely delusional....when I said "this isn't funny anymore", it's a figure-of-speech...I never said it is funny to see a balding guy... Walk down the street and see every other guy bald or balding -- I don't see people pointing and laughing....

...you're seeing things, and creating stories in your mind that isn't happening...so there are people who are prejudiced against bald guys -- get the FVCK over it!!! It isn't a rampant social disease where the world is ganging up on bald guys....

...seriously -- you're messed up dude...get help or work it out before you really do damage to your mental health, or your physical health....I'm being serious here...this is NOT GOOD!!!

LOL @ your naivety.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
LOL @ your naivety.

ok...I'm the one who has peace-of-mind and you're the one living in a mental nightmare....

yep --- more delusion .... I'm not saying this to be mean or to rant on your ***...I'm here trying to do something to jog you out of this small, warped world you're creating for yourself...I've been on the side of tormenting oneself over this hairloss thing....at the end of the day, you have no choice but to accept it and live on the positive side of life, or just go down the toilet...YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR 18 YEAR OLD HAIR BACK!!! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! IT'S DONE AND DONE!!

...I've accepted it and I've gained a huge measure of my mental health back....is it tough at times, sure...but either get busy living, or get busy dying, as the saying goes...

...the attacks you are perceiving are not real....the wounds are imaginary...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok...I'm the one who has peace-of-mind and you're the one living in a mental nightmare....

yep --- more delusion .... I'm not saying this to be mean or to rant on your ***...I'm here trying to do something to jog you out of this small, warped world you're creating for yourself...I've been on the side of tormenting oneself over this hairloss thing....at the end of the day, you have no choice but to accept it and live on the positive side of life, or just go down the toilet...YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR 18 YEAR OLD HAIR BACK!!! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! IT'S DONE AND DONE!!

...I've accepted it and I've gained a huge measure of my mental health back....is it tough at times, sure...but either get busy living, or get busy dying, as the saying goes...

...the attacks you are perceiving are not real....the wounds are imaginary...

Why are you still speaking?

thinin

Reaction score
Having an argument

With a random person

On a hairloss site...

Hilarious.

If you don't like how someone is acting online just ignore them. Why waste time and effort having an argument online with a complete stranger? Pathetic.

Grow up.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score

Well maybe I might help one day, after I get my hair back. I can't be walking in a therapist with a bald head, they will reject me and close the doors.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

Please stop with this "imaginary it's all in your head" BS! I've had enough real life experiences to know better. It's insulting to be told that your being delusional when you confide your story to others. I don't know your Norwood level, perhaps your hair loss is not extreme enough to attract the kind of negative attention I experience on a consistent basis. Your advice is not at all well intentioned and besides being outright insulting its doing more damage than good. We are not delusional, we are realist who recognize the VERY REAL prejudice against us and not afraid to speak out against it in our defense. It's a serious problem that effects our everyday life in a very profound way, who are you to tell us otherwise. I know the truth.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR 18 YEAR OLD HAIR BACK!!! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! IT'S DONE AND DONE!!

This is something a couple of members here must accept.
Come on people, nobody keeps the 18 year old hair forever, even the non-balding guys.
I'll advise to come down to earth and accept it.
When your hairloss is getting worse, to not do anything to stop it(finasteride, etc) or "repair" it for example with a hair transplant, and hope for a miracle cure who may give you the 18 year old hair again is exaggerate.
THIS is the supreme naivety, to repeat a word used above...

Having too high expectations will only drive you crazy, and make your life miserable.
Have this in mind from me, at one point in life you will agree: It is not good at all to want way too much, eventually perfection in any aspect in life.

The only options for hair loss today are finasteride+min for maintaining and hair transplant for getting a decent coverage.
I think it's not the best choice to
-refuse finasteride because of exagerate worries about sides while at the same time admitting that your sex life is crap because of hair loss...
-refuse hair transplant because they can't get you 150 hairs/cm^2
-so seeing each day that your hair gets worse and getting miserable
-and waiting for a miracle cure in 2-3-5 years to give you the hair at 18, and judging by how desperate are some guys here, maybe they would want even more!
This is the ultimate naivety with waiting for this miracle cure.
Won't happen too soon, IMHO.
We'd be lucky if in 10 years something 50% better than finasteride+min would appear, at least for maintaining, but of the same type: pill or lotion you'd have to use everyday.
This is the realistic expectation, if you would have any...
The scenarios with 10.000's of hairs cloned in a lab and then put on your head is pure science fiction, my friends...That is only at theoretical level and won;t pass this level too soon.
I see how enthusiast are some members:"come on, they did in a lab". What did they do? They grew some cells , only parts of the hair follicle. Only experiments, who knows if they can repeat it on a systematic base with the same results.
You saw it, a couple of years ago there was this emulation with "look, a lot of researchers are making groundbreaking discoveries in hair loss, fingers crossed that in 5 years we will have the cure". I admit i myself have been fooled by this some 4-5 years ago.
And, what happened: fast forward 5 years, we are no closer to the cure, and day by day all the "breakthrough findings" proved inexact, incomplete, or useless.
Don't want to uspet you or being regarded as negative or pessimistic, but i can bet with you: this stuff with hair multiplication will turn out to be a great deception If it will ever happen, it will be out of our lifetime... And have in mind that some years ago i was thrilled by it and really believed it would happen in 5 years...
Don;t you see even Dr Cots has a bald spot in the crown? If he would have something efiicnet like some naives here thought, wouldn't he tested it for him?

Sparky4444

Reaction score
We are not delusional, we are realist who recognize the VERY REAL prejudice against us and not afraid to speak out against it in our defense. It's a serious problem that effects our everyday life in a very profound way, who are you to tell us otherwise. I know the truth.

..have you entertained the notion that maybe nobody likes you because of "you" and not because your bald??? ....seems more likely...

..my dad is cue-ball bald, has been pretty much since he was 28 years old....he is the most loved man I've ever known...EVERYBODY loves him -- his co-workers, his family, his friends....

...I think you're just using the bald thing as an excuse to mask the reality that "maybe" these people just think your're a twat and the fact that you're bald just makes it easy for them...just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

people like you and Hellouser come off like whiners...I've been accused of being a whiner and that has made me an easy target...I am not well liked by a subset of the people I know and mostly it's because I whine and complain...

...it's you, not your baldness -- that's why society attacks you...

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you still speaking?

...ah...you're ego is bent....you think the universe owes you something...you think you're more than you are and now you're dealing with an uncontrollable situation you're having a temper-tantrum......you're powerless and you can't handle it...

...no different than a two-year old who can't have the toy he/she wants so they cry and whine...my guess this personality oozes from you and that's why people don't like you....don't blame your hair, look inside you...people sense fear and weakness -- it seems to exude from you...not rocket science as to why you're not liked and picked on...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sparx4444 & Dreamermerlin:

Both of you have been repetitive with grand assumptions. Further input from either of you will be beating a dead horse. There is no need for you guys to be part of this thread, especially and more importantly since neither of you are able to comprehend what progress has been made in scientific research against hair loss. That alone is reason enough for the community to disregard your 'contributions' in this thread; you are COUNTER productive.

If you have any comments to make in THIS thread, then do so by discussing the research being done. Otherwise, piss off.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sparx4444 & Dreamermerlin:

Both of you have been repetitive with grand assumptions. Further input from either of you will be beating a dead horse. There is no need for you guys to be part of this thread, especially and more importantly since neither of you are able to comprehend what progress has been made in scientific research against hair loss. That alone is reason enough for the community to disregard your 'contributions' in this thread; you are COUNTER productive.

If you have any comments to make in THIS thread, then do so by discussing the research being done. Otherwise, piss off.

The contribution to this thread is this -- giving away my hard-earned money to send some guy I don't even know to Korea out of desperation for a hairloss cure is FVKING STUPID!! It wreaks of desperation!!! It wreaks of YOUR DESPERATION, which is clearly the dominant part of your PERSONALITY and WHY YOU'RE NOT LIKED BY SOCIETY!!!

NOTHING is going to come from THIS THREAD!!! NOTHING!!! NO HAIR, NO NOTHING!!!

Your temper tantrums can't stop me from posting here...more of that "powerless" theme you need to deal with, son...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
..have you entertained the notion that maybe nobody likes you because of "you" and not because your bald??? ....seems more likely...

..my dad is cue-ball bald, has been pretty much since he was 28 years old....he is the most loved man I've ever known...EVERYBODY loves him -- his co-workers, his family, his friends....

...I think you're just using the bald thing as an excuse to mask the reality that "maybe" these people just think your're a twat and the fact that you're bald just makes it easy for them...just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

people like you and Hellouser come off like whiners...I've been accused of being a whiner and that has made me an easy target...I am not well liked by a subset of the people I know and mostly it's because I whine and complain...

...it's you, not your baldness -- that's why society attacks you...

I'm very friendly and charismatic in person. I come here to vent but out there in the real world I just act normal like everyone else.... I'm not emmiting some negative vibe or walking around with a slouch and a mean look on my face. What is more likely? People reacting to a feature that I wear on my sleeve that is pretty much universally seen as a physical flaw or are people consistently being negative to me because of some ephemeral unseen character trait? I'm not doing anything to provoke this kind of attention other than being bald. But sure, there are still plenty of people who see me as I am and are cool with it and I can recognize that too. It's just that I can also see when people are "turned off" or overly amused by my condition. I'm pretty sure people aren't snickering while looking up at my forehead or pointing me out to their friends accross the parking lot because of my personality, c'mon get real.