Fund. Fund. Fund.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you want to throw some ideas at me (at your convenience) regarding writing tasks and desired stylistic approach, format and tonal quality, etc., here or via PM, I'll take a whirl at drafting something coherent and cohesive.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want to throw some ideas at me (at your convenience) regarding writing tasks and desired stylistic approach, format and tonal quality, etc., here or via PM, I'll take a whirl at drafting something coherent and cohesive.
Okay, I just send it to you.

Come on guys, where is the support from the other members? You all complain but now that we get something started you back up? That is such a coward move.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Will get to it tomorrow ASAP.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I.D WALKER, while your general style of writing is quite refreshing, adjust your writing style for this enterprise to PR standards. You can get some examples by looking at the texts other well-established foundations have. Rule of thumb: At most one subclause in a sentence, a tight limit on the maximum number of words per sentence. If there is an easier way of saying something, use it. No fancy words, only "everyday diction" (not colloquial, though).

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
Dunno if this have been already suggested, but what if we started kickstarter campaing for this? After the site is done ofcourse.
Im sure many bald people dont even know about these forums nor about that people are trying to cure it (my friend that is going bald dont even know about finasteride or minoxidil). They have accepted being bald like their fathers and go on with life but if they knew that possible cure could be around the corner, they would fynd.
And kickstarter is a great place to get some attention and funding for our cause.

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Dunno if this have been already suggested, but what if we started kickstarter campaing for this? After the site is done ofcourse.
Im sure many bald people dont even know about these forums nor about that people are trying to cure it (my friend that is going bald dont even know about finasteride or minoxidil). They have accepted being bald like their fathers and go on with life but if they knew that possible cure could be around the corner, they would fynd.
And kickstarter is a great place to get some attention and funding for our cause.

A kickstarter will definitively be on the list of things to do in the future, once we have both a council to manage the foundation and an advisory council. What I want people to understand is that this website is somewhat temporary, it is just to get the ball rolling. I am well aware that it is not the most attractive looking or that it will get the message out as best we can. To me that is not of concern right now, besides there is much worse looking sites out there that are very successful. Anything more complicated we can always do in the background and then do 301 redirects or anything we need, not gonna be a problem.

That being said, we need to finish the content, I have already PMed a few people that are gonna help for now, and some that are gonna stay off a bit for now. So we are gaining momentum. Once we have this simple site relatively finish, we can make a thread about it on other forums. So if we do want a kickstarter, we will be in much better shape, since we have to start somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

how can i be of any help??
You said you wanted to advertise on other forums. Well I guess you can get the word out in comments section before we make it official on a thread. Or do you have any technical knowledge on any subject?

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
Yeah i figured that this is just temporary. It's just the start, but it will grow and get better in time.

You have my sword, but idk how I could help tho. Don't have much time, money, computer and my geological position is bad (Scandinavia). Not good good in English either :). But I can toss some ideas here and there and fund small prices, help if I can, etc...

Ps. GOOD JOB GUYS! this is the big step towards the cure.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a masters in chemical engg. I really cant think of any way to put my knowledge to use here. I will advertise about the website on other forums and also ask for volunteers to help if there are any. So you primarily need help with web designing and content writing right? Right now i am going for a jog, will be the first thing on my list after i return( after the shower of course :|).

PS- i have an account on BTT, other forums may take a few more hours.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am going through tough times here but soon i will have more time to brainstorm... Once a starter site is on we can discuss which doctors to invite as consultants, and how the decision of funding will play out..

i suggest it be based on two bodies: a body of few trusted forum members and a body of medical experts, at least a couple for the latter. We clearly should not appoint someone to the advising board who has conflicts of interest. So soon enough i think we need to brainstorm on this.

To maximize donations we need to speak with all hair loss forum adminstrators about have a sticky on their webiste

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Dont forget to hold a gun to their heads after you have given them your money.