Full Heads With Goofy Looking Faces..

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see them all the time. Dudes that have really thick hair, but when you really look at their face, they're not handsome at all. It doesn't matter often times though, the illusion of them actually being handsome is in full effect with good hair.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Adrien Brody is a good example of how god-tier follicles can bump you up a few points. I don't think he's bad looking, but the striking/unique look of his wouldn't work at all with a nicely diffused NW4.

HtcO9Kk.jpg

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
No dude ugly lads with long hair don't succeed either

Or short guys with good hair. In fact you can be good looking have a full head of hair and a good job and still find it tough to succeed simply because of your height.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
groundbreaking news

hair isn't everything

but our reporter reports that hair is REQUIREMENT

blackg

Reaction score
Imagine if David Bowie went bald in his 20s. Or if Kurt Cobain did. If Jimi Hendrix was a NW4 at 27. What would their legacy be today?
Yes! I often mention this exact same example to my friends.
Let's just forget the musical legacy of these artists mentioned and focus on image alone.
Do you really think Cobain's image would adorn so many t-shirts if he was rocking an NW4?

Or how about Che Guevara.. Would he still be the poster boy for various leftist causes if he was sporting an NW3?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! I often mention this exact same example to my friends.
Let's just forget the musical legacy of these artists mentioned and focus on image alone.
Do you really think Cobain's image would adorn so many t-shirts if he was rocking an NW4?

Or how about Che Guevara.. Would he still be the poster boy for various leftist causes if he was sporting an NW3?

Yeah... And Cobain was a handsome dude. He would have looked good even with a shaved head. But no way he'd be the cultural icon he is today. Dave Grohl went on to be a rock megastar. Kris Novoselic on the other hand... Well just google him, look at his demeanour compared to Grohl, his career, popularity and sex appeal.

David Bowie was a brilliant musician, but all those alternative girls who love him in Labyrinth or as Ziggy Stardust would fall out of love quite fast if he was rocking a horseshoe.

Bald men don't become cultural icons. Especially not youth culture icons.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine if David Bowie went bald in his 20s. Or if Kurt Cobain did. If Jimi Hendrix was a NW4 at 27. What would their legacy be today?

I am glad you brought this up. What IF Kurt Cobain did? He was a grunge artist that seemingly didn't give a f*** about anything, with a very attractive face. I think, his fans would still be his fans and he would have continued with his career anyways.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am glad you brought this up. What IF Kurt Cobain did? He was a grunge artist that seemingly didn't give a f*** about anything, with a very attractive face. I think, his fans would still be his fans and he would have continued with his career anyways.

He would still have a fanbase, as Billy Corgan did, but it would be a lesser one and he wouldn't be a cultural icon

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He would still have a fanbase, as Billy Corgan did, but it would be a lesser one and he wouldn't be a cultural icon

maybe, maybe not... it just depends on how he would have looked and embraced it as an artist. Billy Corgan is still a cultural icon, no? I think the "don't give a f***" attitude of the band would have pulled it off.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man, is Billy Cirgan a cultural icon? As a musician he's far superior to Cobain, in my eyes Corgan rivals Hendrix in writing and ability, he made some of the most iconic music of the 90s, but today he's lower tier than Dave Grohl and his radio friendly, slightly generic rock.
Cobain would no doubt still be remembered fondly, but he would be a lesser icon than he is

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Corgan isn't really a cultural icon, Pumpkins didn't get the kind of mainstream success that Nirvana did.

T

tellersquill

Imagine if Phil Collins or Woody Harrelson went bald - they'd never have success - oh, no, wait ;)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
True SP never made it as big as Nirvana, but they were bigger than most of their peers, AiC, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden etc.
Woody Harrelson is t exactly a megastar, and Phil Collins is kind of a joke in the rock community...
I think Corgan had some appeal with hair, doubtless many girls thought he was cute, and stopped thinking him cute when he became a skinhead

blackg

Reaction score
Imagine if Phil Collins or Woody Harrelson went bald - they'd never have success - oh, no, wait ;)
Yes, Phil Collins and Woody Harrelson managed successful careers while balding.
But, as entertainers, they did it in an era I like to call the "balding exceptibility" era.

This era ended somewhere in the 90's.