Full Cap Hair System At 21 Years Old

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im 21 years old with very aggressive androgenic alopecia. I have retrograde alopecia, which means i loose hair on the top (classic male pattern baldness recession) but also at the sides and the back (mainly at the nape of neck, i still have a small donor zone, that's why i think i have retrograde alopecia instead of dupa)

I would like to buy a full cap, but i am not convince with a lace type of hair system. A lot of people say you can feel the system when you put your hand in the hair and i hate this fact

Is it possible to cover all my scalp (top, sides and back) with a poly type hair system?

Thank you

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome.

It's important to state, at the beginning, a hair system is something that is designed to give you the look of having your own, natural, growing hair. It's not designed to feel like your own hair. No matter what base you chose, you are not going to want to run your hands through your hair, like it's growing out of your scalp.

Is your diagnosis from a doctor? How severe is it, do you want to post some pics? I have seen a number of young men posting on this forum that mistakenly think they need to go straight to full cap.

Full caps are always done in lace, I have never seen one done in poly, as it would be extremely uncomfortable to wear. It's possible you don't need it.

If you don't feel comfortable posting pics, you can PM instead.

Best,

Steve

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Maybe you just had some stress and telogen effluvium and are now concluding that you have retrograde alopecia? How long have you been certain it's this you have?

Many, maybe even most people will have 50% less hair than they did in their teenage years, even women. (Sometimes I think it's called chronic telogen effluvium, if the patient goes to enough dermatologists.) Maybe you just grew up? No point in comparing yourself to your 15yearold you. You should expect to see 50% less hair even in your donor area with age.

Also check your ferritin (has to be atleast 70 mcg/l for maximum hairgrowth, if I remember correctly), vitamin B12 and B9 and blood counts.

I'm tempted to think all of DUPA and retrograde alopecia patients are actually just people with aggressive (going towards NW7) premature androgenetic alopecia AND chronic telogen effluvium accompanied maybe with a few acute telogen effluvium episodes because noones protected from stress.

Last edited:

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you just had some stress and telogen effluvium and are now concluding that you have retrograde alopecia? How long have you been certain it's this you have?

Many, maybe even most people will have 50% less hair than they did in their teenage years, even women. (Sometimes I think it's called chronic telogen effluvium, if the patient goes to enough dermatologists.) Maybe you just grew up? No point in comparing yourself to your 15yearold you. You should expect to see 50% less hair even in your donor area with age.

Also check your ferritin (has to be atleast 70 mcg/l for maximum hairgrowth, if I remember correctly), vitamin B12 and B9 and blood counts.

I'm tempted to think all of DUPA and retrograde alopecia patients are actually just people with aggressive (going towards NW7) premature androgenetic alopecia AND chronic telogen effluvium accompanied maybe with a few acute telogen effluvium episodes because noones protected from stress.

If youre balding. get a system. end of story.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys

Im 21 years old with very aggressive androgenic alopecia. I have retrograde alopecia, which means i loose hair on the top (classic male pattern baldness recession) but also at the sides and the back (mainly at the nape of neck, i still have a small donor zone, that's why i think i have retrograde alopecia instead of dupa)

I would like to buy a full cap, but i am not convince with a lace type of hair system. A lot of people say you can feel the system when you put your hand in the hair and i hate this fact

Is it possible to cover all my scalp (top, sides and back) with a poly type hair system?

Thank you

Contact Toplace, Northwest Lace, Hair4All.

They all do full caps and some comoanjes give free skype consultations.

I also have retrograde alopecia.

Stay tuned. My new hair system for "retrograde alopecia" is about be released.

here is the style I am getting for retrograde alopecia. Sides are shaved. No blending required. Just a hair system and happiness.

Attachments

• 87B98679-2048-4994-9750-7DAC4BE87572.png
    87B98679-2048-4994-9750-7DAC4BE87572.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 609
  • EC4CE0E5-FCBB-433E-9E73-6069330DF006.png
    EC4CE0E5-FCBB-433E-9E73-6069330DF006.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 589

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that a lot of people who think they need a full cap actually can make a topper work. Personally I take propecia to make sure I stay in topper land and may start minoxidil on my back and sides to keep it.

When I looked at full caps they were largely lace. I did see some poly ones, I can get the link for you later

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advices, youvare amazing

As i said, my hair loss is pretty aggressive, my temples points and sideburns are completely gone now. Actually, the hair loss is way more severe on the sides and at the nape of neck than at the top. At the top i am still a Norwood 1.5-2 (but it is very diffuse, the hair is very thin)

Personnally, i dont think i can make a topper work at all because the sides are destroyed

Contact Toplace, Northwest Lace, Hair4All.

They all do full caps and some comoanjes give free skype consultations.

I also have retrograde alopecia.

Stay tuned. My new hair system for "retrograde alopecia" is about be released.

here is the style I am getting for retrograde alopecia. Sides are shaved. No blending required. Just a hair system and happiness.

I don't like this haircut at all but its still better than bald obviously. The problem is i have no sideburns and temple points, will it look natural?

I am 100% certain i have retrograde due to miniaturisation

My grand father, who is 80 years old, have retrograde alopecia too. Sides, nape of neck and top are TOTALLY bald but he still have the donor zone.

Hi, and welcome.

It's important to state, at the beginning, a hair system is something that is designed to give you the look of having your own, natural, growing hair. It's not designed to feel like your own hair. No matter what base you chose, you are not going to want to run your hands through your hair, like it's growing out of your scalp.

Is your diagnosis from a doctor? How severe is it, do you want to post some pics? I have seen a number of young men posting on this forum that mistakenly think they need to go straight to full cap.

Full caps are always done in lace, I have never seen one done in poly, as it would be extremely uncomfortable to wear. It's possible you don't need it.

If you don't feel comfortable posting pics, you can PM instead.

Best,

Steve

So, if a girl run her hands through my hair, she will detect the system? I thought poly hair systems were completely undetectable to the touch :(

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your advices, youvare amazing

As i said, my hair loss is pretty aggressive, my temples points and sideburns are completely gone now. Actually, the hair loss is way more severe on the sides and at the nape of neck than at the top. At the top i am still a Norwood 1.5-2 (but it is very diffuse, the hair is very thin)

Personnally, i dont think i can make a topper work at all because the sides are destroyed

I don't like this haircut at all but its still better than bald obviously. The problem is i have no sideburns and temple points, will it look natural?

I am 100% certain i have retrograde due to miniaturisation

My grand father, who is 80 years old, have retrograde alopecia too. Sides, nape of neck and top are TOTALLY bald but he still have the donor zone.

So, if a girl run her hands through my hair, she will detect the system? I thought poly hair systems were completely undetectable to the touch :(

No, you don't want someone running their hands through your hair. Poly hair systems are NOT "completely undetectable to the touch", no hair system is.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you don't want someone running their hands through your hair. Poly hair systems are NOT "completely undetectable to the touch", no hair system is.

Thank you for your response

These last days i learnt a lot about full cap system and as you said it seems that wearing a full cap poly hair system is not feasible because of discomfort. So i will go for a full lace.

This guy is wearing a full cap. The result is wonderful , I would love to have this kind of hair style (this was my prior hair style before baldness kicked in) :

Pete1.jpg

Pete9.jpg

I know that the major problem of full cap is to make the nape of the neck area natural, but with a hair style like that, do you think it will demand a lot of maintenance ?

And i have a last question, are swiss lace systems undetectable at the hairline area? I heard somewhere it was even better than poly here

Last edited:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

These last days i learnt a lot about full cap system and as you said it seems that wearing a full cap poly hair system is not feasible because of discomfort. So i will go for a full lace.

This guy is wearing a full cap. The result is wonderful , I would love to have this kind of hair style (this was my prior hair style before baldness kicked in) :

View attachment 143273

View attachment 143272

I know that the major problem of full cap is to make the nape of the neck area natural, but with a hair style like that, do you think it will demand a lot of maintenance ?

And i have a last question, are swiss lace systems undetectable at the hairline area? I heard somewhere it was even better than poly here
That looks totally natural. I would never think this guy was wearing a system. I would totally go for that style.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

View attachment 143273

View attachment 143272

Maybe move the nape hairline as much up as possible, so the movement there isn't a problem?

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That density is far too high for people over the age of like 25 though.

And that style wouldn't be easy. I wonder how it looks unstyled.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
That density is far too high for people over the age of like 25 though.

And that style wouldn't be easy. I wonder how it looks unstyled.

Not exactly.

Genetics is different for everyone.

I am a little frustrated with the hair system comunity not understanding that everyone should not have a one size fits all mind set with this.

Unfortunately. That is the case. I want to see this change.