Full Cap, Hair Choice, And Knowing When It's Time

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
grtting a hair system is always at the back of my mind, while I do currently have some regrowth I am more and more thinking about taking the plunge into a full cap hair system. The reason I would need full cap, is I have curly hair but wear it straight with a slight wave. If I were wearing a partial piece and it was humid out I would run the risk of my real hair curling and then I would look rediculous. Also I'm tired of dealing with shedding.

But how realistic are full cap pieces? How difficult are the to manage. I'm worried it will sit on my head funny. For note id wear a medium length with bangs. Do you need a super realistic hair line if it's covered by the length of hair?

Also while I look Caucasian, I have very thick hair (in terms of the diameter of each hair shaft), that doesn't really act like white people hair. How much does matching your real hair thickness matter? I was thinking Indian would be good, cause it kinda looks like Caucasian hair but thicker??

Id be terrified to actually make the jump, but it would be so nice to go in public again without feeling like I want to bid my face and be ashamed of how I look.

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't have an answer to your question on full cap but why not go with a shorter hair on the sides and back and a piece on top? I have curly hair and my piece is straight, i get a shape up every 2 weeks at my barber to keep the sides short from curling.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't have an answer to your question on full cap but why not go with a shorter hair on the sides and back and a piece on top? I have curly hair and my piece is straight, i get a shape up every 2 weeks at my barber to keep the sides short from curling.

this 100% From seeing others on here and talking to the owner at my salon it a full cap should be a last resort. If you keep a short hair style on your natural hair and whatever wave of system, you should be fine.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause I have a long head, so it looks better with some length in the sides, but besides that, the front of my sides is one of the places where my hair loss is the worst. My sideburns are almost gone and Am thinning on the sides.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you give us an idea of how it is? Post a discreet picture.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with full-cap is that you will need to choose a style that is a big "shaggier" than most of the common "fade" styles that are so popular today. There is a fair chance that the outcome will look "wiggy", and hence, unnatural.

High fades, and undercuts are very popular. I am transitioning to a style from a totally shaved head to a high fade, where the front is almost non-existent, and only towards the back does it dip, and get darker. I bet you have options.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with full-cap is that you will need to choose a style that is a big "shaggier" than most of the common "fade" styles that are so popular today. There is a fair chance that the outcome will look "wiggy", and hence, unnatural.

High fades, and undercuts are very popular. I am transitioning to a style from a totally shaved head to a high fade, where the front is almost non-existent, and only towards the back does it dip, and get darker. I bet you have options.

Thanks for replying, I don't really like undercuts or fades for myself. I prefer something a bit longer. Idk, maybe I could try to swing a parcial price for my temples or something.

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cause I have a long head, so it looks better with some length in the sides, but besides that, the front of my sides is one of the places where my hair loss is the worst. My sideburns are almost gone and Am thinning on the sides.

Hmmm, to be honest, that's where I first started losing hair too. You can always work out a look where you have a very curved front part of the lace to make it look like you have a receding hairline, which (look wise) doesn't mean you're losing hair. That's what I went wit. The most important part of the piece is to make it look most natural.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmmm, to be honest, that's where I first started losing hair too. You can always work out a look where you have a very curved front part of the lace to make it look like you have a receding hairline, which (look wise) doesn't mean you're losing hair. That's what I went wit. The most important part of the piece is to make it look most natural.

Idk man, I'm starting to give up. After I had to stop trinov I kinda just lost hope. I think my life is kinda destined to be miserable.

Noah

Reaction score
There are various little tricks that can cover up receding sidehair and enable you to get a good result from hair replacement. If you are here for a serious purpose, you should do as Matt0135 said, and post pics of your situation - face on and profile. Blank out your features. That way, you can get an objective appraisal of what is possible. Or if you prefer, PM your pics to one or two of the experienced posters.

Don't mope - take action.