FUE in the US or Europe?

mboy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to have a hair transplant done.
I'm 27, started loosing my hairline in 24. I cruised around these forums about a year ago. Then started Propecia (which I've been on for a year). Not much improvement, about keeping what I have - not sure yet. I think I've lost a little more since a year ago.

Anyway, trying to decide on a doctor. I'm living in Eastern-Europe, so most places are far for me.
Thinking of dr Feller in NYC. Or ******** or Devroye in Brussels.
What do you think of these options? Is Feller definately so much better bet?

Thanks!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey...I'm from eastern europe too?where are u from?I'm 23...and at 24 I'm thinking to make an hair transplant in turkey...at kulis estetik...I've seen already 3 persons from there...already talked with 2...they are happy and content with the results...and the prices are more than reasonable...2000-2500 grafts with 2000 euros...FUE

mboy

Reaction score
Ater reading all these forums for a while I think I'm too anxious and afraid to go to any but the top well-knows doctors.

Although Kesers result photos seem good.

2000 Euros seems really great but if it doesn't go well then I might end up spending 4 times as much for the repair. Not to mention the time and hassle.

I'm from Estonia.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey...we can talk...and show u some results from there...also i've heard abut dr keser...i've sent an email there but nothing came back...we cant talk in private...just let me ur yahoo or msn messenger id;)good luck!

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Jonathan, feller charges 10$ per graft. You should consider that + don't forget to travel costs.

Keser is a great surgeon with constant results. check out the link I provided.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In fact...if u want a famous clinic you have to pay for it...they do researches...a lot of employers with big salaries...biggest buildings...and so on and so forth...is you the one who decide...but I would like to show you something about the clinic where I'm wiling to go...with reasonable prices...with fue...only if u want;)

BadHairUK

Reaction score
dudemon said:
jonathan22 said:
Thinking of dr Feller in NYC. Or ******** or Devroye in Brussels.
What do you think of these options? Is Feller definately so much better bet?

Thanks!

But, Feller is definately one to consider. It seems as if it would be hard to go wrong with him.

:agree: I went to Dr Feller for mine... I also checked out Dr ******** and spoke with him and he seemed a very pleasant guy but in the end decided to chose Dr Feller as I had seen more of his work at the time and his results were also extremely good for repair patients like myself which are more tricky.

The only guy I can vouch for that I have experience with is Dr Feller... he is the absolute guy I would go back to every time. My hair now is better than I can remember...and I mean even at 20! (I'm now 38). I have already posted my results on this forum if you want to take a look.

It looks great and feels great and all I wish is that I had done it sooner rather than sulk and be depressed for over a decade before finding Dr Feller! (I didnt know guys like him existed which is why I was just about to give up with getting my hair back, but soon as I did find out about him, I was there!).

I have had both Strip and FUE with Feller Medical...and I can very highly recommend him as a great guy and his work is awesome (which speaks for itself). :)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm going on 6 - 7 april for a hair transplant with prohairclinic in antwerp (belgium)
they charge 6500 euro for 3000 grafts fue

if you wanne take a look just type : prohairclinic in google

mboy

Reaction score
I emailed to Prohairclinic a year a go. Seemed quite okay but their surgeon didn't seem to have that much experience as some other top clinics and also I think they were in the middle of changing surgeons. Anyway, it was quite unclear for me who would end up doing the procedure. I also read that they were apprentices of dr Ilter in Sweden. Someone who I've read doesn't do such good work. At least occasionally.

What do you think of dr Shapiro btw?
http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.com/
He's cheaper than Feller and seems to be well known and quite highly regarded.

s.a.f

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
In fact...if u want a famous clinic you have to pay for it...they do researches...a lot of employers with big salaries...biggest buildings...and so on and so forth...is you the one who decide...but I would like to show you something about the clinic where I'm wiling to go...with reasonable prices...with fue...only if u want;)
Firstly this is false, there is very little diffence between the prices of most surgeons even the worst butchers will usually charge about 90% of the cost of a top highly reputable clinic.
The only exception to this is Armani.
But the top clinics make good money by being constantly busy whilst the poor ones struggle to get bookings. Buildings and employee numbers are pretty much the same wherever you go, You dont need a huge space for a hair transplant clinic just an office and 3/4 other rooms for surgery, dissecting ect.
Unless of course you want to go to some amatuer hack who rents a tiny room in a backstreet location.
But in the end I'd rather pay that little bit more to be sure I was getting a highly reputable surgeon than go bargain hunting for desperate clinics making offers and end up with a bad hair transplant.

BadHairUK

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="andrei_eremenko":vuh34rpx]In fact...if u want a famous clinic you have to pay for it...they do researches...a lot of employers with big salaries...biggest buildings...and so on and so forth...is you the one who decide...but I would like to show you something about the clinic where I'm wiling to go...with reasonable prices...with fue...only if u want;)
Firstly this is false, there is very little diffence between the prices of most surgeons even the worst butchers will usually charge about 90% of the cost of a top highly reputable clinic.
The only exception to this is Armani.
But the top clinics make good money by being constantly busy whilst the poor ones struggle to get bookings. Buildings and employee numbers are pretty much the same wherever you go, You dont need a huge space for a hair transplant clinic just an office and 3/4 other rooms for surgery, dissecting ect.
Unless of course you want to go to some amatuer hack who rents a tiny room in a backstreet location.
But in the end I'd rather pay that little bit more to be sure I was getting a highly reputable surgeon than go bargain hunting for desperate clinics making offers and end up with a bad hair transplant.[/quote:vuh34rpx]

Great post, well said s.a.f :)

bullitnut

Reaction score
What do you think of dr Shapiro btw?
http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.com/
He's cheaper than Feller and seems to be well known and quite highly regarded.[/quote]

wrong Shapiro this dude....The well known and respected Shapiros are Ron and Paul of SMG, no relation at all the clinic you linked to above has a bad rep.

Drs Ron and Paul do great FUE at SMG and there are plenty of examples on the various forums http://www.hairlossexperiences.com to name one

best wishes bullit :)

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
well i go to prohair on 6 and 7 april
so next week my hair transplant start there...

ill keep you posted with an update

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
maybe you're right...but...I've seen 2 photos from 2 guys in a clinic from turkey...and the results were good...and I see that wesley...has made also some hair transplant in Turkey...