Fue History-class Is In Session (hair Transplants)

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an example of only one thread of which there are hundreds available online that go back 15+ years ago. Once you start reading the history and connecting all the dots you can start getting a better picture of what you are looking at today.

You are looking at only one thread here so one must withhold judgment until hundreds and hundreds of historical threads are read. Only a few doctors were actually moving FUE forward while the rest of the industry did their best to keep it down.

In this thread Dr. Woods might appear in a negative light but that’s not my take. Like anyone that creates of course they would like to be compensated. For some odd reason doctors felt comfortable paying marketers hundreds of thousands of dollars but not a man that actually created something that benefited so many doctors, patients, staff, etc.

Anyone that speaks of highly skilled FUE doctors in North America and doesn’t mention the name Cole must be examined much more closely. One needs to ask why? The truth is the truth and it's all out there. Some of it will make your jaw drop.

2002 if posters like Jean are actually real then he was 5 years old.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/...d=20691&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As we look back on Dr. Woods and question his willingness to share his technique we now understand how history proves he was correct. I believe he knew that the majority of the people working in the industry were very willing to carve up desperate young men for a profit and sleep very well at night and would probably do the same with his technique. At least that has been my experience from 32 years of observation. Who knows they might even change the name from “The Woods Technique” to something else like FUE and be performing mega sessions where the numbers don't work long term but the young guy just doesn't know it.

The “Woods technique” later renamed FUE gave repair patients hope and Dr. Woods I’m sure saw a lot of devastation along the way. I would imagine he thought if the industry was going to learn the technique they had to play by his rules. Of course most were not willing to play by his rules. Too much money was being made at the old game and giving up strip was not an option. It's easier for the marketers to create an image and people will easily buy into it. All one has to do do is pick up on a weakness and put it out there and keep repeating it over and over again. Yeah that's the bad guy over there. So when you see this understand what you are looking at.

This post is from 2001

We thank all our clients who have told of their experiences and spread the word. We thank all the posters who have not actually seen us but have the ability to do thorough research. Your intelligent clear thinking has maintained a high level of debate and prevented the hijacking of our achievement, future hopes and principles. We hope to establish an international clinic and training facility based on the following unshakeable foundation principles-

1. That everyone is a candidate for the WoodsTechnique and strip excision is definitely not done No Biopsy or test procedure is required.

2. The entire procedure is to be preformed only by a doctor fully trained and accredited in our technique by Doctors Woods and Campbell No one else touches the patient’s head Absolutely no assistants

3. The entire procedure adheres strictly to microsurgical cosmetic principles, which defines our technique.

4. There will be no routine legal disclaimer or waiver.

5. The doctor must be responsible for the removal of and the placement of each and every follicle, ensuring a virtually perfect result each and every time.

To my knowledge Dr Campbell and myself are the only cosmetic surgeons in the world who operate without routine legal disclaimers and waivers For all the people out there who want to make a difference. We ask that you be vocal and spread the word and be part of this fight. We want everyone to know that it was through the journalistic integrity and courage of Farrel Manne that the truth is told. Farrel had the 'sheer guts' to present us on his website despite opposition.

And that website was hairlosshelp.com so if you have benefited from fue as a patient or someone that works in the industry go over there and thank Farrel.

Last edited:

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm slow. What's the point of this thread. What's up with Cole and Woods? That post is 13 years old. I'm sure everyone changes after 13 years. Good and bad.
Not throwing spears, just wondering. Thanks

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm slow. What's the point of this thread.

Sure you need to understand the history and how the marketers tried to suppress FUE so they could make money with their strip procedure in order to understand the present. Much of the deception is through creating fake screen names.

JeanLuc for example. He is supposedly 22, been posting for less than a year, has had one procedure and lives in a remote location Australia. He spouts facts and figures along with lists of doctors that don’t match up with his age. He goes from forum to forum trying to convince young guys to sign up for a procedure. Kind of odd behavior for a 22 year old kid that is devastated by hair loss. It’s a glimpse of the past still showing it’s face. It’s a dead business model. Trying to create the illusion of honesty…………….nobody buys it any longer and one needs to go back to the beginnings to understand it. Of course it's good to point it out for those who are not familiar with how it works.

Some forums have gotten away from this model but of course you are always going to have those that simply can't let go of what worked in the past.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure you need to understand the history and how the marketers tried to suppress FUE so they could make money with their strip procedure in order to understand the present. Much of the deception is through creating fake screen names.

JeanLuc for example. He is supposedly 22, been posting for less than a year, has had one procedure and lives in a remote location Australia. He spouts facts and figures along with lists of doctors that don’t match up with his age. He goes from forum to forum trying to convince young guys to sign up for a procedure. Kind of odd behavior for a 22 year old kid that is devastated by hair loss. It’s a glimpse of the past still showing it’s face. It’s a dead business model. Trying to create the illusion of honesty…………….nobody buys it any longer and one needs to go back to the beginnings to understand it. Of course it's good to point it out for those who are not familiar with how it works.

Some forums have gotten away from this model but of course you are always going to have those that simply can't let go of what worked in the past.

I'll perform an FUE on you from my remote location in Australia if you like Topcat only $300 for 3000 grafts

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Topcat, why do you think JeanLuc is a Disney mouseketeer .................oh sorry, I meant marketeer?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
poor topcat, all those botched transplants damaged his pre-frontal cortex and now he aimlessly wonders the transplant forums, mumbling incoherently about marketers and his good friend Dr Cole

his method of marketing no longer works

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand the approach here but the problem is running a forum in this way doesn’t work any longer. Others are starting to realize that and this is why forums I have actually been banned from are starting to look better. Hairsite for example seems to be taking a higher road now and same goes for Cole. Have I praised either one in the past…….no………just the opposite but now things are changing and the truth is the truth. Some in the industry are starting to see the writing on the wall the blackmail, threats, etc no longer work.

If you can get someone to sponsor this site or if a doctors/clinic are backing this site and they think having their name attached to it is good for business and their reputation I would say give it some more thought. The social proof is around you…………..clinics are moving away it all.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate the content for my own writing but if you are looking to help yourself then I would give the strategy some more thought.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
I was quoted a price for FUE then after I was asked how I found out about this surgeon my quote went you .50 per FUE when I mentioned who recommended. I understand this business model but this procedure is already expensive so it's chasing guys to cheaper surgeons.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok @topcat you've got your point across about how much you despise the transplant industry & how you object to finasteride.

But what do you actually suggest hair loss sufferers do to fix their situation? From what I've read you've made no recommendations of what we should be doing? Please enlighten me

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But what do you actually suggest hair loss sufferers do to fix their situation? From what I've read you've made no recommendations of what we should be doing? Please enlighten me

That is a most excellent question.

So if you look at the results of some of the doctors that I have mentioned the point is not about promoting the doctors but the numbers. Those specific doctors work within the limitations and that can be viewed over years. So sure for many 4000 fue is an achievable goal and how much area can that cover at 50% density it's slightly under a 4" sq inch area. So cut out a 4" square from a piece of paper and start moving it around your head and decide where you would like it to go.

Of course this doesn't not account for surgical competency. Patients need to figure that out on their own by understanding the numbers and history and figuring out who is telling truth and who is and has been telling lies.

So you are basically meeting expectations halfway for most while keeping yourself safe.

I also don't advise a forum to be run in such away. It doesn't look good and in the very near future it will be very bad for those that align themselves with it. It's not too late to reverse course and in the mean time doctors might want to keep their distance. it's looks like the old way of doing business.......it simply does not work any longer. All the money has been made using it.

Same goes for these marketers that get together and pretend they are doing good things for the industry. It's all been debunked......................give it up already. The more they keep trying the more they look like bigger and bigger douche bags.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So if you look at the results of some of the doctors that I have mentioned the point is not about promoting the doctors but the numbers. Those specific doctors work within the limitations and that can be viewed over years. So sure for many 4000 fue is an achievable goal and how much area can that cover at 50% density it's slightly under a 4" sq inch area. So cut out a 4" square from a piece of paper and start moving it around your head and decide where you would like it to go.

Of course this doesn't not account for surgical competency. Patients need to figure that out on their own by understanding the numbers and history and figuring out who is telling truth and who is and has been telling lies.

So you are basically meeting expectations halfway for most while keeping yourself safe.

I also don't advise a forum to be run in such away. It doesn't look good and in the very near future it will be very bad for those that align themselves with it. It's not too late to reverse course and in the mean time doctors might want to keep their distance. it's looks like the old way of doing business.......it simply does not work any longer. All the money has been made using it.

Same goes for these marketers that get together and pretend they are doing good things for the industry. It's all been debunked......................give it up already. The more they keep trying the more they look like bigger and bigger douche bags.
So.. how do we fix our situation ?

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There are plenty of transplant results that work great.