Fue Hair Transplant - My Story (so Far)

pete_love

Reaction score
Probably my last update.

3.5 months, I'm way ahead of schedule. A lot of hair has grown in over the last 4 weeks to the extent where I no longer need the Toppik. Really, really happy with the results and delighted that after 7 years I finally have a hairline again. If anyone was ever unsure about FUE, here's what it can do for you. I've posted 3 pictures, one from a couple years ago and 2 from today. Just after my shower then styled.

Attachments

• 2016-12-07 16.44.04.png
    2016-12-07 16.44.04.png
    734.7 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 2016-12-07 16.39.00.jpg
    2016-12-07 16.39.00.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,440
  • 2016-12-07 16.42.18.jpg
    2016-12-07 16.42.18.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,372

pete_love

Reaction score
So basically you never read the thread.

I used it, got sides, didn't like it. Did this. Although the majority of people seem to focus solely on meds, like you, so fair play. Not for me though.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will be a cold day in hell when michel sapin doesn't come into a thread asking about propecia

nice growth for 3.5 months, gonna be such an improvement

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man, this result looks great to me.
srsly I 'm wondering what must be the feeling; knowing you can forget your worries with your hairloss and forget your ugly hairline.
Brb going to my bank...^^

sinan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate thanks very much for providing your fue journey at Clinicana. Ive just had my treatment there also and although i have read your post before ive only just signed up to the site. Are you able to provide an update? i had 4000 graft implanted today and like you although i asked for them to focus on the crown area they never done much in that area which is disappointing. i know i need to be patient and its going to be a long road ahead but im already getting doubts. Any update would be greatly appreciated.

pete_love

Reaction score
Sinan, I wouldn't be too concerned if it's only been a week or so since the op. I'm guessing you're about to do the first proper wash and get the scabs off. Post a picture and show me how it looks, or keep me posted. I was given two choices - 1) an even coverage (and thus, coverage over the crown) or 2) a denser, thicker hairline. I chose option 2. F*ck the crown, I can cover that up and maintain that in other ways. I'm in to month 4 now (bearing in mind you are told full results won't be present for 12-18 months) and already I can comb my fringe. It's now as thick as it was when I was 15.

At times earlier on after my op, I had concerns like you. But Give it a chance and wait a few months. I'm sure you'll be impressed. Keep me updated though.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez 2 years ago you had next to nothing on top of your dome! One of the best transformations I've seen.

By the way how old are you? Sorry if you posted somewhere I couldn't find it

pete_love

Reaction score
Wow. The swelling was really bad for you. I thought I was bad, I had slight yellow marks under my eyes a few days later, but you look like you've been in a boxing ring lol.

Here's two recent photos. The first was a slick back effort last week. The second was literally taken 2 minutes ago, showing the side perspective. As you can see, my donor area is now indistinguishable (I was initially worried about that being over harvested).

As I say I'm only 4 months in. I'm still a little thin around the middle but it continues to get thicker and this is all about being patient. To be honest, looking at your pictures, it was a carbon copy of how my head looked after I washed off the scabs. So far so good mate.

I took biotin supplements and used Biotin shampoo along with Nizoral, and avoided using minoxidil to minimise any chance of shedding. I've been getting my back and sides cut since 2 weeks after the op. I keep them short (0.5) and it looks great.

Looks like your op has been every bit as successful as mine. Did you stay at the Ritz? Must've been just after the bomb blast!

Attachments

• 2016-12-30 11.34.33.png
    2016-12-30 11.34.33.png
    463.3 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 2016-12-30 11.39.47.jpg
    2016-12-30 11.39.47.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,120

pete_love

Reaction score
Spring15 - I am 27 years old. Been using Toppik since 22. Literally had nothing left coming in to the op. The transformation has been incredible. It sounds pretty pathetic, but I was in the barbers the other day and I was just staring at it all in the mirror and couldn't believe that hair was mine. I couldn't keep the smile off my face. And I've still another 8 months of improvements to come. Best decision I have ever made.

sinan

My Regimen
Reaction score
haha yeah 12 month with mike tyson hopefully worth it in the end. Ive been taking biotin also. Your results are great you must be chuffed. I had an opportunity to go back the dau after my op to get more done in the crown but i couldnt handle it. Wish i had now as thats the area that botherer me most. If the ops has been successful after 12 months results im going to go back for the crown. Keep us updated with your progress mate.

pete_love

Reaction score
6 months hairaversary today. Delighted with the result so far. Only thing is my donor area is still a little thin, but no one ever comments/notices.

Attachments

• 2017-02-19 20.49.58.jpg
    2017-02-19 20.49.58.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,110
  • 2017-02-19 20.51.00.jpg
    2017-02-19 20.51.00.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 2017-02-19 20.51.56.jpg
    2017-02-19 20.51.56.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,108

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
6 months hairaversary today. Delighted with the result so far. Only thing is my donor area is still a little thin, but no one ever comments/notices.
Looks good for just six months.

Mickeyblueeyes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your hair freshly washed without Topic or product on it?
I'd love to see the density achieved with 5000+ grafts.
Are you considering a second procedure?
Results look nice

Davidubi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow...after 6 months your donor area is not fully recovered. I would say your hairline is a bit short of density but overall and seeing what situation you came from the result is more than acceptable. Congrats!

pete_love

Reaction score
Mickeyblueeyes - the last 3 pictures had no toppik/product. That was just dried out of the shower.

I'm not considering a second one, no. I am thin at the back too, my hair loss was very aggressive. However, I am using minoxidil, nizoral and Biotin to try keep this at bay. In the future, who knows? But my priority was the hairline and that has thankfully been resolved.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
it will be a cold day in hell when michel sapin doesn't come into a thread asking about propecia

...or where precisely one applies minoxidil

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

1. propecia
2. minoxidill
3. sides
3. how old are you ??

thats all Sapin is capable to ask

he doesn't even bother to read the post usually