Frustrated, to put it mildly..

sk8rmom

Reaction score
My blood tests came back normal. I did find that I have many nodules on my thyroid but when I went to the follow up appointment with a different Doctor (not an endocrinologist) I was basically dismissed and told to come back in a year. What?!?! I read the Doctor the riot act about wasting my time and money. I got a call about a week later from yet another Doctor regarding an appointment they made for me with an endocrinologist. Don't the docs at Kaiser communicate with one another? When I asked again about the hair loss, insomnia, and night sweats I was told that I am fine, that nothing is wrong with me. Another what?!?! My mother went through menopause and was done by the time she was 37. I'm 36.... Blood tests show there is no sign of perimenopause so why am I experiencing the signs? I found out about my mother AFTER I'd had the symptoms for months and AFTER I made my appointment. It's frustrating to feel so lousy and be told that there is nothing wrong. How can I fix it if I don't know what it is? I've made an appointment with an herbalist/accupuncturist. I'm frustrated because I am a very healthy, active person...so why am I losing my hair? Why do I feel like crap? I know the answer is out there.....

Reaction score
I can't beleive nobody has replied to you and hope that you'll get an email with my response.

I know how you feel and am suffering on the inside very badly over this hair loss as well. I don't know what I can do about it and I want action NOW. At first I though I may be anemic but how does one tell. I feel extremely tired lately and don't feel healthy but this could obviously also be a sign of depression the only difference is that my scalp is shining through my thinned hair.

I usually straighten my hair and lately the top is so thin - I'm done in a matter of minutes - Its depressing and sad and I feel like its eating me up inside - let me know whats happenned to you since you last wrote.

G

Too Young for This said:
I can't beleive nobody has replied to you and hope that you'll get an email with my response.

I know how you feel and am suffering on the inside very badly over this hair loss as well. I don't know what I can do about it and I want action NOW. At first I though I may be anemic but how does one tell. I feel extremely tired lately and don't feel healthy but this could obviously also be a sign of depression the only difference is that my scalp is shining through my thinned hair.

I usually straighten my hair and lately the top is so thin - I'm done in a matter of minutes - Its depressing and sad and I feel like its eating me up inside - let me know whats happenned to you since you last wrote.

Get off your ***. Read the basics on this site and come back here with specific questions. We dont do therapy here.

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Easy there Brucey, don't be dissin' the newbies on the women's forum. We're a little more supportive here than on the men's side, and we do chat emotionally as well as factually.

Too Young for This: I completely sympathize with you as do all the women here who also have similar experiences. Anemia can be tested through ferritin levels. Go to the main page of this site and there is a guide to women's hair loss. Step 2 tells you ALL the blood tests you should have checked. Tiredness could be caused by a thyroid problem (have your doctor test your TSH, T3, T4, etc. levels and check your basal temp, it should be between 97.7-98.2--you can google for this info), but it certainly could be depression as well (cloudy thinking, fatigue, memory loss).

Hang in there and keep coming back to chat when you need support or information. There are plenty of other good sites out there as well; my personal faves are this site, keratin.com, hormonehelpny.com.

Best of luck to you.

Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Sorry for misreading this post.

:freaked:

Gees BruceLee - I didn't think I'd be offending anyone by caring about a fellow hair loss sufferer...sorry I know the alarm and the feeling and its really helped to hear other peoples solutions when it comes to dealing and treating this...I want to give support just the same way as I've received... :cry:

G

Too Young for This said:
BruceLee said:
Sorry for misreading this post.

:freaked:

Gees BruceLee - I didn't think I'd be offending anyone by caring about a fellow hair loss sufferer...sorry I know the alarm and the feeling and its really helped to hear other peoples solutions when it comes to dealing and treating this...I want to give support just the same way as I've received... :cry:

Sorry for the misreading. Having said that, I have removed the word "sufferer" form my vocabulary.

" In life, pain is inevitable. However, suffering is optional!"

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
totaldispHAIR said:
ll; my personal faves are this site, keratin.com, hormonehelpny.com.

Thanks for http://www.hormonehelpny.com/. I hadn't seen it before. You do a LOT of reseasrch :rockon:

By theway, my copy of What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause: The Breakthrough Book on Natural Progesterone is in the mail. I can't wait to read it. Thanks. :)

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Mariejoe, I *live* by Google since my hairloss started. Every potential variation I can think of that may cause my hairloss I type in and research. Luckily, things at work are a little slow so I can get so much info.

Let me know what you think of the book. Hope it helps!

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear Total,

I can't thank you enough.
Got THE book last night. It looks very promising!! Also went to http://www.hormonehelpny.com/ and dr. lee's site, http://www.johnleemd.com/ His site gives current sources for progesterone.
So, I'm all geeked and hopeful. :love: I'm gonna try to find a local, sympathetic doctor in my area. If I can't, I'll go to the endo my gyn recommended. If I make the appt today, I might see her by Labor Day, so I have time to do more research.
I am totally convinced hormones are at the root of my problems. Low libido, very itchy skin, thinning hair: all hormone related.
Wish me luck and let's keep in touch. :) :)

Update: 5 July 2003

I started reading the book. It's a little technical for my non-medical brain, but I think it is my problem. It just makes so much sense!!! :)
I have an appt with and endo on 14 July. She is an ostepath, so maybe will be more sympathetic with alternative therapies. I hope she agrees with me.
I have only been on artifical HRT for 20 months, and I want off of them. I want my body back!