From Scalp To Mouth: Let Us Talk About Teeth (whitening)

INT

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After a diet change, a fresh haircut I feel it is now time for the next part of my aesthetic self that could use some improvement: the teeth!

There are 2 problems here:

I have one tooth slightly sticking out due to shitty braces I had when I was younger..t. Ah well, it is not that bad. Just annoying that something this expensive still gave bad results.

The second one is related to the color: They are not so white. They were never truly white but I think my wild drinking (and now coffee) years, maybe together with being very lazy when it comes to brushing have made them worse.

I would like to brighten them up a bit!

Anyone experiences with whitening teeth?

Thanks!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
My dentist has always advised against teeth whitening. You could always try using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash let it sit in your mouth for a few mins, those whitening strips are impossible to use from my experience and a real pain, you can get whitening gel from ebay for cheap too. Natural colour of teeth is a sorta ivory colour not blindingly white.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hydrogen peroxide
Oil pulling
Teeth whitening kits (they're not dangerous, and they are cheap as hell aswell)
Brush 3 times a day including when you drink coffee etc.
Drink sodas with a straw
Floss your teeth regularly
Use mouthwash

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drink coffee and tea with a straw, and brush between teeth daily with interdental brushes. I use a capful of hydrogen peroxide diluted with a capful of water every other day and swish around for about five minutes and then rinse with water.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I've just started a teeth whitening programme. Doing it professionally with a dentist who made molds of my teeth. You get the custom trays and then apply the whitening gel (hydrogen peroxide) into them and leave it on for a couple of hours

it's expensive, but from what I hear most of the DIY whitening kits you can buy in the shops aren't worth it because they aren't allowed to sell the strength of gel that dentists can sell

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just saw Diane Keaton in a movie, recently.

Have to say, I really feel bad for her. Not just because her
husband ran away with her daughter either! Also felt bad
Diane had to sleep with him for a movie role (she was good
looking in her day)

Her teeth are fake! She wears dentures. Other than that, she's an
attractive lady for her age.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird this topic came up. I bought some crest supreme professional whitening strips today from amazon ($60 higher quality ones) because my teeth have noticeably yellowed. I've used them before. Women *always* remark about how WHITE my teeth are since using these. I just haven't in 4 years so it's time to fix that again.

I use to have significant yellowing and a really bad stain on my front right tooth in particular. These strips are f-ing MAGIC. If your teeth are really bad I recommend buying two sets and running them back to back maybe with a weeks break in between cycles. Your teeth will become super white, and bling like light-stricken mirrors.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not use teeth whitening toothpaste, it's not good for your teeth unless vanity > health for you.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral pathologists are adamant about not rinsing with hydrogen peroxide. It causes cellular changes which are considered atypical and possibly precancerous with long term use. Although I've never seen a direct connection to outright oral cancer in the literature, I don't think it's worth the risk. Antiseptic mouthrinses, even OTC ones, also inhibit the good bacteria in the mouth potentially allowing the bad to exert predominant negative influence so I recommend avoiding. Use just good oral hygiene methods, brush, floss, or Waterpik at least 2x daily and take a good oral probiotic that promotes beneficial mouth bacteria and balance. The professional whitening is best either with the trays or one hour appointment with the whitening light in the dental office. The stronger professional bleaching is deemed safe, and I agree, but I have seen one case where bleaching with the trays resulted in irreversible pulpitis on a guys four lower incisors. In that case he was an older man with rather severe occlusal wear and dentin exposure on the incisal. Just be sure too, that you don't have cavities.

Last edited:

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Weird this topic came up. I bought some crest supreme professional whitening strips today from amazon ($60 higher quality ones) because my teeth have noticeably yellowed. I've used them before. Women *always* remark about how WHITE my teeth are since using these. I just haven't in 4 years so it's time to fix that again.

I use to have significant yellowing and a really bad stain on my front right tooth in particular. These strips are f-ing MAGIC. If your teeth are really bad I recommend buying two sets and running them back to back maybe with a weeks break in between cycles. Your teeth will become super white, and bling like light-stricken mirrors.
How long do results stay?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just saw Diane Keaton in a movie, recently.

Have to say, I really feel bad for her. Not just because her
husband ran away with her daughter either! Also felt bad
Diane had to sleep with him for a movie role (she was good
looking in her day)

Her teeth are fake! She wears dentures. Other than that, she's an
attractive lady for her age.
That was Mia Farrow

aldog

Reaction score
id recommend getting your teeth laser whitened. 1 in-office session and you're all done. hydro perox alao eats away enamel from your teeth, making them look transparent.
I wouldn't bother with over the counter kits. you're swishing chemicals around your mouth for very minimal improvement.

goery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had to stop drinking coffee at all because it made my teeth so ugly... Whitening strips are good but the effect will not last long. Moreover, my dentist said there can be some side effects after usage. I've solved the problem with my teeth but had to spend a lot of money to make for a dentist to make them white again. Now I'm trying to use only natural toothpaste and powder to keep my teeth white. Even the bamboo toothbrush I use is natural:
91WUXb9hv8L._SL1500_.jpg

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you have a burger flipping job it makes sense to get them professionally done.
Also 3d white crest toothpaste does me fine

Don't forget you need to ingest enough Vit D, Vit K, and magnesium to keep the bone itself healthy