From sadness to greatness

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
How do you even apply minoxidil to such a thick head of hair? Doesn't it get all messy? Or do you use it only in the temples and hairline?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, congratz bro!! Few questions if I may !

- Which minoxidil brand do you use and what dosage? Why increase to twice a day if you have such great results already?
- When do you take finasteride? And do you take brand name propecia?
- Which shampoo do you use and how often do you wash?
- Can you tell us something about your diet, any supplement you may take and the amount/sort of exercise you get?

Once more, grrrreat results, man!

affect

Reaction score
Sorry for late reply, was out all night so, and thanks for all the positive comments.

Congratulations! Why increase minoxidil?
Because I want more hair, I am greedy I think but i want a bit more and maybe twice a day will make it happened.

How do you even apply minoxidil to such a thick head of hair? Doesn't it get all messy? Or do you use it only in the temples and hairline?
I use Minoxidil liquid, basically i use a lot sadly, like I go through a bottle every 3 weeks or so, and it's messy for about 1-2 hours, usually around that time it's all good, I use it over the whole top of my head + the sides (and it did regrow there)

Wow, congratz bro!! Few questions if I may !

- Which minoxidil brand do you use and what dosage? Why increase to twice a day if you have such great results already?
- When do you take finasteride? And do you take brand name propecia?
- Which shampoo do you use and how often do you wash?
- Can you tell us something about your diet, any supplement you may take and the amount/sort of exercise you get?

Once more, grrrreat results, man!
- I take Kirkland Minoxidil(you can buy it online which I do), reason for 2 a day is because I want even more results, greedy I'd guess.
- Yes I take Propecia brand (costly as **** though) I take Propecia every morning whenever I wake up, between 8am-12am usually.
- I use Dove volume boost shampoo on Wednesdays then on Sundays I use TRESemmé Shampoo + conditioner (leave it on for a bout 5 minutes before washing).
- Sure, I run 3 days a week (7 km ), I walk 3 days a week (about 1 - 2 hour per day) I do strength training 3 times a week (body weight, basically Push ups, pull ups, planks and such) Lately I've changed my diet so I don't eat any gluten nor any sugar stuff anymore ( only started about 1 month ago) Before that I still ate good but I did drink a lot of soda and ate bread for breakfast and whenever I wanted a snack. I don't take any supplements.

sheraz1392

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
- I take Kirkland Minoxidil(you can buy it online which I do), reason for 2 a day is because I want even more results, greedy I'd guess.
- Yes I take Propecia brand (costly as **** though) I take Propecia every morning whenever I wake up, between 8am-12am usually.
- I use Dove volume boost shampoo on Wednesdays then on Sundays I use TRESemmé Shampoo + conditioner (leave it on for a bout 5 minutes before washing).
- Sure, I run 3 days a week (7 km ), I walk 3 days a week (about 1 - 2 hour per day) I do strength training 3 times a week (body weight, basically Push ups, pull ups, planks and such) Lately I've changed my diet so I don't eat any gluten nor any sugar stuff anymore ( only started about 1 month ago) Before that I still ate good but I did drink a lot of soda and ate bread for breakfast and whenever I wanted a snack. I don't take any supplements.
To be specific which TRESemme shampoo type do you use? smooth and silky, volume boost or what?

affect

Reaction score
how long before you started to se results?
I can't really remember, maybe around 4 month mark? Lost a bunch of hair as i began, then it has slowly regrown back, wasn't until this summer I actually felt comfortable to not use a hat or anything like that when I was outside, these days I rarely care anymore when I go outside.

theEvergreen

Reaction score
Damn dude. I'm about 28 and just starting to thin. I've got an appointment with my doctor next month which will hopefully prescribe me Propecia or something similar. These are some awesome results and give me hope. I have a similar hairline, but I'm only a diffuse thinner (I'd honestly rather the Norwood scale of balding) in the front so far.

I'm going through the whole depression thing now. This post gives me hope, brother.

affect

Reaction score
Damn dude. I'm about 28 and just starting to thin. I've got an appointment with my doctor next month which will hopefully prescribe me Propecia or something similar. These are some awesome results and give me hope. I have a similar hairline, but I'm only a diffuse thinner (I'd honestly rather the Norwood scale of balding) in the front so far.

I'm going through the whole depression thing now. This post gives me hope, brother.

Just keep at it brew, do the small steps, sooner or later you'll be at a better place :)!

MrRandy

Reaction score
Impressive results! My congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your recipe of happiness.

Your regimen sounds to be very strict. I also try to eat healthy as I know that what we eat can also impact our hair, but I do eat gluten products. Why have you decided to go gluten free? Do you think gluten somehow affects hair growth?

affect

Reaction score
Impressive results! My congratulations!
Thanks for sharing your recipe of happiness.

Your regimen sounds to be very strict. I also try to eat healthy as I know that what we eat can also impact our hair, but I do eat gluten products. Why have you decided to go gluten free? Do you think gluten somehow affects hair growth?

My diet and training has nothing to do with my hair loss, I just want to get more fit and have a healthy mind, gluten is pretty bad for you health wise so I rather stay away from it and it feels so bad eating it, it's like a big chunk of dough, euh.

Basically my training and food choices has nothing to do with my regime for hair loss, maybe it helps or maybe it don't but I haven't thought about hair loss when I decided to eat less gluten for example.

I do think having a healthy mind and body helps with everything, I don't think as much of hair loss, I stress less, I enjoy life and so on and forth. Maybe all of that helps with hair loss, kinda like a pseudo effect, bro science right here :)

bram1988

Reaction score
Congrats, looks amazing. Can you remember when you start noticing results? Did you notice reduced hair loss first and visible results later on?

Tharock12344

Reaction score
Hey bud, Congrats on your results! Looks great! Don't think you addressed the side effects question though. Did you experience any? Hopefully not, that would be awesome! Let us know champ.

affect

Reaction score
Congrats, looks amazing. Can you remember when you start noticing results? Did you notice reduced hair loss first and visible results later on?
Probably around the 4th month mark, I shedded a fair bit of hair before I noticed a visible positive changed.

Hey bud, Congrats on your results! Looks great! Don't think you addressed the side effects question though. Did you experience any? Hopefully not, that would be awesome! Let us know champ.
The Side effects lasted about a month each, had some watery semen, dizziness and darkness under the eyes. They all went away within 1 month.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Were you taking antidepressants?

- - - Updated - - -

Were you taking antidepreasants ?