From sadness to greatness

affect

Reaction score
Started to lose my hair at 18 years old, didn't really notice until I was 20 years old after fighting depression and stress for 1 year I decided to get onto Propecia and 6 months into that I went on Rogaine, now i'm here 1 year with propecia and 6 months on Rogaine. I've done a more detailed version which I've been updating throughout the year with more pictures on BTT, reason why I decided to make a post here is because I've used this site a fair bit under the harsh months of the beginning stages of using Propecia and felt you guys should see how it worked out for me.

1 week before any treatment:
m90Lyv0.jpg

1 year into treatment:
Hair1year1.jpg

Cheers guys!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I recognize your pics from another forum. That is one hell of a recovery.

affect

Reaction score
PTRT: I've tried to link new photos but apparently a mod has to accept them? No clue what's up as I don't have them on my computer no more I can only link photos that I've used on the other site, and yeah those photos are pretty crappy, mainly because I was depressed of my hair and I didn't wanna take "good photos" and actually see how bad it was and because all I had at the time was a laptop cam.

Notcool: Yeah, Think you saw me from BTT.

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow.

Where do you get your propecia? Any neurologicalsides you've perceived? Are you swarmed with women now? How's your strength?

affect

Reaction score
zzzz: Tried linking pictures dozen times, the posts wont show up? Dunno what to do.

Thanks Sayif and Mr hairy :)

Da crow: From the doctor, said I wanted a prescription of Propecia for hairloss, and I got one. not any that I know of. Never had problems with women, even when I lost hair it didn't really stop me from getting laid so dunno if there is any difference now when I have hair. My strength is good enough I guess, the same as always, I usually do muscle workouts 3-4 times a week.

Scalpology

Banned
Reaction score
And people say you can't regrow Norwoods. LOL. One hell of a responder. Another soul saved. Thank god.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
- - - Updated - - -

same status you had before like i have now..and u got that gains :O
a beeter pic would be cool but grats on that result

affect

Reaction score
Did you get those gains in just 6 months? By the way you sure you weren't going through a stressful event at the time and then you got over it? What side effects did you get? What about shedding? What did your hair look like before you started balding?
1 year, I've been on Propecia since 1 of July 2013, and Rogaine since 15th of December 2013, so 6 months on Rogaine. That's why I said I was stressed/depressed before because that could've been a reason for me losing a lot more hair than what I would've otherwise lost during that period, my whole family is nw6 pretty much so I got it in the genes so it could've been both. Sides was some watery semen and headaches, both went away within 1 month each. Shedding lasted for about 5 months I would say, still to this day I shed somewhat but I don't notice it anymore because my hair has gotten thicker and fuller. I had mature hairline since I was a teenager, a ) shape hairline with a mature hairline on the sides.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
congrats for your amazing results!
can you tell us what is your dosage of propecia please?

affect

Reaction score
Hi
congrats for your amazing results!
can you tell us what is your dosage of propecia please?

Whatever the dosage is in the pill, I guess it's 1mg? I take 1 pill per day, I don't cut it or anything, done the same thing since day one.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
ok thx, just asking cause there are a lot of debates about that if it should be 1mg/day, 0.5mg seams to inhibit the same amount of 5AR...whatever. once again congrats your case is a great hope for us all and encourages me to may be give a shot to finasteride

affect

Reaction score
Guess it's time again, Been on Minoxidil now for 1 year and Propecia 1 and 1/2 years. a couple of months back I decided to take Minoxidil every morning also, although it's quite hard to keep that up, I usually have a miss of dose every couple of days, other then that I keep the same regime when it comes to the stuff I use to battle hair loss.

In the picture i do have straighten hair, that's because my hair is really thick and curly and I can't really style it all that much so I usually straighten it if I'm going out.
Z0zDWmW.jpg

Carry on the fight my fellows brews! :)

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your hair looks great. Mine looks like s#!t by the way. I am happy for you though.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
Guess it's time again, Been on Minoxidil now for 1 year and Propecia 1 and 1/2 years. a couple of months back I decided to take Minoxidil every morning also, although it's quite hard to keep that up, I usually have a miss of dose every couple of days, other then that I keep the same regime when it comes to the stuff I use to battle hair loss.

In the picture i do have straighten hair, that's because my hair is really thick and curly and I can't really style it all that much so I usually straighten it if I'm going out.
Z0zDWmW.jpg

Carry on the fight my fellows brews! :)

Congratulations! Why increase minoxidil?