forero medio's story

pazguato

Reaction score
In worse condition for sure. finasteride stabilized the loss and maybe helped regrow a little. Every treatment should include finasteride, without it, is a lost battle.

There are reports of people holding onto their results in the long term (10+ years). That should give us all hope :)

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you still use spironolactone 5% ? Do you think it adds a lot as you already use fina, topical fina, etc. ?

Are you still using Nizoral 2/3 times a week? And every other day H&S (Classic) ? In one of your earlier posts you said Nizoral made your scalp irritated.

Yassay

Reaction score
You are not going to keep that hair if you keep over reacting to a small loss and a doctor's comment. He could have been wrong also.

pazguato

Reaction score
I don't use topical spironolactone at the moment, don't think it adds much.
Yes, still on nizoral and h&s, leaving it on the head for only 2 minutes doesn't make my scalp irritated.

Overreacting? The sooner you treat your hair loss the more time you will enjoy your hair.

XXXXXXX

Banned
Reaction score
Overreacting? The sooner you treat your hair loss the more time you will enjoy your hair.

Very true, you can never jump on treatments fast enough. If I would have known I was going to lose hair, I would have jumped on finasteride at 18.

pazguato

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my 3 year update with pictures, I took them close to a window to have a better view.

3.jpg

I think it is in very good shape. My current treatment is:

-Oral finasteride
-Topical finasteride
-Minoxidil 5%
-nizoral twice a week

Take care guys.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results, thank you for posting.

What do you think about using topical dutasteride instead, have you considered this? Could you please post the ratios you use for topical finasteride, that would be very helpful. And any tips on application etc.

pazguato

Reaction score
Hello,

I think I read somewhere that the molecular weight of dutasteride was too high to work on a topical version, but it could be interesting to try.

For the topical finasteride vehicle I use PPG, distilied water and ethanol (33% each). In a 10ml container I put the vehicle and 10mg of finasteride. That usually lasts me 4 days or so.