forero medio's story

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn, I had that EXACT balding 3 years ago, was so scared when I looked in the mirror. Only started doing research last year and now I feel it's too late for finasteride but I'm giving it a shot.
Nice job being proactive quickly.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for your post. You're right we have similar hairloss, although I'm afraid I'm more advanced. But then again, I'm 35 and I probably started thinning slowly in my late 20s. I replied to your post in my thread. Keep it up, looking good!

pazguato

Reaction score
Hello,

23rd month update:

entradas.jpgcogote.jpg

This is my current regimen:

1. Oral finasteride: 1mg/day.
2. Topical finasteride: 1-2mg/day. I've been using it 3 months and the quality of my hair has improved, so i'll keep using it.
3. Minoxidil 5%: twice a day.
4. Nizoral shampoo: 2/3 times a week.
5. Emu oil: I apply a good amount on my scalp once a week and leave it for a few hours.
6. Revitashampoo: 2/3 times a week.
7. Topical spironolactone: I apply a thin layer on my scalp once a week or every 10 days and leave ir there for 2 hours or so.

Take care!

pazguato

Reaction score
today I cut my hair to 2cm (0.8 inches), here are the photos

pelo.jpg

I think topical finasteride and emu oil have made a very positive difference in my hair, it feels MUCH thicker.

pazguato

Reaction score
I make it myself with proscar, mixing it with the minoxidil... and lately I've been making it with its own vehicle (ethanol, ppg,, water).

I started with 0.05% concentration, but now i've upped it to 0.25% because i dont have any side effects.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't you think this advancement would be the topical fina? Emu oil has not one scientific backup. Although it's a great product for lots of stuff, I think it's kind of a snake oil for hair loss..

pazguato

Reaction score
Don't you think this advancement would be the topical fina? Emu oil has not one scientific backup. Although it's a great product for lots of stuff, I think it's kind of a snake oil for hair loss..

Emu oil has a study that proves anti inflammatory properties, that's why i use it. I think Androgenetic Alopecia has a micro inflammatory component.

Recently another topical finasteride study has been published by some swedish guys i think proving its as effective as the oral. I take both, but since i added the topical i no longer notice the "male pattern baldness itch". I think it helps with the remaining androgen stimuli the oral leaves... Since I added it months ago my hair is thicker and feels better.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you add the topical finasteride and emu oil at the same time? Which of the two is the more effective one?

Korean Wave

Reaction score
I think you may have treated your hair loss from hypothyroidism, but not from male pattern baldness. Mainly because there is little evidence in your photographs that you are suffering from male-pattern baldness. Your hair looks good, and do not see why you need the FDA approved such as finasteride and minoxidil. I would use Nizoral alone and closely monitor my hair. However since you've used both of those treatments it may be wise to stick to them.

pazguato

Reaction score
I had crown thinning and now its normal hair. The hair was miniaturized there, now its not.

A doctor diagnosed me with male pattern baldness.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you tell us how you make the topical finasteride (how many tablets, how much ethanol, etc.) ? Would be greatly appreciated!

pazguato

Reaction score
Sometimes I just drop the Proscar tablets into the Minoxidil hehe

Anyway the right way to do it is with PPG, ethanol and distilled water, make the mix with finasteride tablets made powder and apply it with a pipette.

Hope this helps.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
A few more questions, if I may :)

- Which brand of minoxidil do you use? A suppose a liquid version as you drop finasteride tablets in them.
- Did you ever get some kind of irritation on your scalp? I used to use the liquid minoxidil but I got skin irritation. Now I'm on the foam, yet I too want to experiment with adding finasteride to my minoxidil..
- Do you wash your hair on other days than the '2/3 times nizoral' ?

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Seems overkill regarding the regimen you have with respect to the amount of hair you have on your head. You probably would and should be fine with just the big 3... anything more is going to increase the risk of side effects, and long term effects.

pazguato

Reaction score
-Yes, liquid minoxidil. Here in Spain the label is called "Viñas", but any 5% liquid minoxidil should be the same.
-Not irritation per se, but sometimes my crown gets more sensitive. When I apply emu oil and topical finasteride there it gets better.
-Yes, right now I use H&S shampoo the days off nizoral. I bought Revita some months ago and sometimes use it too, but its expensive so I use it more occasionally.

A few more questions, if I may :)

- Which brand of minoxidil do you use? A suppose a liquid version as you drop finasteride tablets in them.
- Did you ever get some kind of irritation on your scalp? I used to use the liquid minoxidil but I got skin irritation. Now I'm on the foam, yet I too want to experiment with adding finasteride to my minoxidil..
- Do you wash your hair on other days than the '2/3 times nizoral' ?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, maybe its overkill, but I'd like to keep my hair for as long as I can avoiding the use of dutasteride.

Seems overkill regarding the regimen you have with respect to the amount of hair you have on your head. You probably would and should be fine with just the big 3... anything more is going to increase the risk of side effects, and long term effects.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome man! You ever think about where you would of ended up two years later without treatments? Do you have any idea how much finasteride helped over minoxidil?