Forehead lines (Minoxidil)

vade

Reaction score
hey dude, go to a dermatologist " a professional one" one and helll give u 2 injections of collagen not botox, or something else. itll take 2 minutes. my friend did it and he looks great, he even removed the wrinkles around the eye. this is the best and fastest solution.

Swede

Reaction score
You sould not wash your face with soap. It dries out your skin. You should use a soap-free cleanser.

The Gardener

Reaction score
That's not what my dermatologist told me, he is the one who gave me the facial regimen I described on the previous page.

He says, at least for me and my skin type, that I should wash my face with soap, real soap, because the sebum on the face and the dirt that collects in it needs to be completely removed.

The lipids that are washed away can be replaced by the AHA cream that is applied after the shower.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
How are u so sure it's the minoxidil that's causing those lines??

I'm 25 too and I started getting forehead lines a few years ago, yet I only started using minoxidil last month.... What I attribute to the lines:

- constant shrunching up of the forehead to give the appearance of a normal sized forehead :) .... Yes I know it sounds kinda ridiculous, but I know many ppl with a receding hairline do this too whenever they look in the mirror, and then it becomes a habit afterwards...
- going outdoors on a sunny day without sunblock.....
- not using lotion on my face after I shower....

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kalbo, its so funny because i was going to say the same exact thing!

Since applying minoxidil and topicals i noticed that i raise my eyebrows and forhead while applying them and dont relax my face. I also did th same thing raising my eyebrows and trying to make my forhead look smaller. My forhead isnt big so i dont know why i was doing it but i just noticed i was doing it last night!

Im going to talk to the skin expert Dr.Pickart and see what he recommends. He's definetly the best person to ask.

powersam

Reaction score
a french study a while back found that balding men had prematurely aged scalp skin. why this happens they did not say. it could be the damage the immune response inflicts upon our scalps as it attacks our follicles. don't know for sure. but they were quite emphatic about the skin on the scalp being prematurely aged. this would explain your forehead. i highly doubt it has anything to do with the minoxidil

Aplunk1

Reaction score
stax said:
Im going to talk to the skin expert Dr.Pickart and see what he recommends. He's definetly the best person to ask.

Yeah, a salesman is the PERFECT guy to ask.

powersam

Reaction score
yeah i usually ask the bus driver on the way to work. he also does my taxes.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
kalbo, its so funny because i was going to say the same exact thing!

Since applying minoxidil and topicals i noticed that i raise my eyebrows and forhead while applying them and dont relax my face. I also did th same thing raising my eyebrows and trying to make my forhead look smaller. My forhead isnt big so i dont know why i was doing it but i just noticed i was doing it last night!

Hey I never noticed I raised my eyebrows while applying minoxidil, but now that you mentioned it, I'm pretty sure I do raise it for some reason..... it's probably like how women look up when applying masquera.... people tend to do these things without really knowing why.

And about the mirror thing.... Ever since I noticed my hairline starting to recede, I would always raise my eyebrows whenever looking in the mirror or else I'd end up spending hours just staring at how much hair I've lost in the front..... I don't do that all the time now, but I notice I do it quite frequently because it's become such an annoying habit.

So for me, I believe that's the main cause for the forehead lines..... Back when I was in high school, I also knew this guy who had a big forehead and he'd do the same thing.... not surprisingly, he also got the forehead lines at a very young age (around 17 i believe)

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Actually Mr. "Aplunk1", ive talked to him before on the phone regarding a different skin issue and we talked for like 30 minutes. I didnt order sh*t. This guy isn't in it just for the sales beleive it or not, he's genuine. Oh, and he has a forum up there and people are getting results with his products. There's nobody better to ask than somebody who's been dealing with this stuff his whole life. Everybody is a salesman buddy, do you think i would spend my life on something to make no money off of it? Neither would you. Doesnt mean all people who sell something arent genuine. He's a skin expert dude look at his site. Also the products The Gardener mentioned are from Pickart's site i think. I'll report back when he's back in on Monday or Tuesday.

becksfan1986

Reaction score
Here is my explanation. This wrinkles don't come from the minoxidil but from our facial daily expression. When I started to lose my hair, it started with a receding hairline and to try to reduce my forehead I started to contract my frontal muscle which result in a course of wrinkles. Now I refrain myself from doing that and it works well, the wrinkles have disappeared.

G

Well, I said that it comes from minoxidil, because since I started my treatment, my skin looks very very dry.. Specially my Forehead and the forehead lines are more noticeable than ever, specially after adding minoxidil. The skin looks like old skin when i look very close with a light and make an expression.

I know it could be the Propecia too, or even the Nizoral. Who knows.

But since minoxidil contains alcohol, and it's well known alcohol dries skin, I said it was due of minoxidil.

So, I basically need something to humectate my skin, what I want is to stop the premature aging process that the treatments started. I don't care if I can't reduce/reverse my current lines. I want to stop the process, and don't become worser. And those injections some guys mentioned are totally out of my mind, no way im gonna do that. Thanks anyway.

Thanks to those who recommended me those creams, I will do some research on them.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
"Ok, I understand your position. :) How old are you?

May I ask you how long have you been on Minoxidil? And when have you noticed your accelerated aging?

And I see you have no regimen, just to know, what other products are you taking? Propecia?

And do you had results?"

Well, I am old enough to have facial lines and have them fit right in with the rest of me, not seeming out of place. I have been on minoxidil for 6 months and spironolactone 2% (alchohol solution) for 2 months now. I have noticed increasing lines in the past couple of months. I also live down south and tan very easily and sun exposure is the biggest factor in skin aging. I stopped Propecia over 6 months ago. I feel that my hair is in much better shape than it was nearly 1.5 years ago, before starting any treatments.

G

when will people understand that minoxidil is bad bad bad bad!!!

-cj-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
Well, I said that it comes from minoxidil, because since I started my treatment, my skin looks very very dry.. Specially my Forehead and the forehead lines are more noticeable than ever, specially after adding minoxidil. The skin looks like old skin when i look very close with a light and make an expression.

I know it could be the Propecia too, or even the Nizoral. Who knows.

But since minoxidil contains alcohol, and it's well known alcohol dries skin, I said it was due of minoxidil.

So, I basically need something to humectate my skin, what I want is to stop the premature aging process that the treatments started. I don't care if I can't reduce/reverse my current lines. I want to stop the process, and don't become worser. And those injections some guys mentioned are totally out of my mind, no way im gonna do that. Thanks anyway.

Thanks to those who recommended me those creams, I will do some research on them.

Do you do anything to take care of your face?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Fight4Hairs said:
There are probably 100 to 200 active members of this forum who use minoxidil.

3 or 4 of them, in this thread, are believing that minoxidil is causing their face to wrinkle.

If you do the math on that ratio, I find it hard to come to a sweeping conclusion that "minoxidil is bad".

Besides, take into consideration the age group of most members on this MB. We are starting to suffer male pattern baldness, starting to mature, starting to feel effects of the ageing process... who is to say that the wrinkling is not attributable to ageing, in general. Hate to break it to you all, but you aren't going to keep a baby face all your lives, and when you reach the point in your life that you start suffering male pattern baldness, I would consider it quite normal to also start seeing some wrinkling of the skin as well.

powersam

Reaction score
Fight4Hairs wrote:

once again fight4hairs you have shown that you are an idiot.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got them damn wrinkles too, but I'm sure it is from raising my eyebrows, trying to make my forhead look smaller.
I dont even think it makes much of a difference but I just cant helt doing it. Everytime I see a mirror or somebody is taking a photo my eyebrows automatically start moving towards my hairline.
I hate hairloss. Has a fuckin impact on everything I do.

PJohn

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
who is to say that the wrinkling is not attributable to ageing, in general. Hate to break it to you all, but you aren't going to keep a baby face all your lives

Well said.