Forehead lines (Minoxidil)

G

I am looking for some cream to combat forehead lines.

These lines have become more noticeable since starting Minoxidil, and my face skin in general in the forehead area looks older and I don't know the term in english, but in spanish it's "piel arrugada"

I compare my pictures before starting minoxidil, and my actual pics, and the change is SCARY...

Since I look forward to regrowth some hair, I can't stop minoxidil, so im looking for some cream that works.

What can you recommend?

Damn, for GOD SAKE im only 25 years old. And I think I'm losing the battle.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cream does not work for forhead wrinkles, they are too deep. The cream only works around the eyes and mouth. You need botox for the forhead.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
I am around your age and have been using minoxidil. for about 6 months now and I too have been noticing more pronounced forehead lines. I have been using topical spironolactone liquid also for a couple of months so I am not sure what is causing it, or if it is simply facial aging due to sun exposure.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I noticed the same forhead line sh*t since starting Minoxidil. Im 22. I tried calling Dr.Pickart at skin biology but he wont be back untill Monday or Tuesday. There has to be something to get rid of them and keep them off. Im sure Dr.Picksrt has another solution beside's botox.

G

stax said:
I noticed the same forhead line $#iT since starting Minoxidil. Im 22. I tried calling Dr.Pickart at skin biology but he wont be back untill Monday or Tuesday. There has to be something to get rid of them and keep them off. Im sure Dr.Picksrt has another solution beside's botox.

Could you please let me know if he gives you a solution?

beaner

Reaction score
That stretch mark cream Strivectin-D I think it's called, has been getting a lot of publicity as an anti aging/anti wrinkle cream as well. I've seen it on sale before on different websites....a bit pricey, but maybe worth a try if you're that concerned.

G

dark_one said:
I am around your age and have been using minoxidil. for about 6 months now and I too have been noticing more pronounced forehead lines. I have been using topical spironolactone liquid also for a couple of months so I am not sure what is causing it, or if it is simply facial aging due to sun exposure.

I am only 25 years old. You should take in mind, bottox is out of the question here.

I know a lot of guys and girls who uses creams and have great skin. Never asked them tho what are they using.

G

beaner said:
That stretch mark cream Strivectin-D I think it's called, has been getting a lot of publicity as an anti aging/anti wrinkle cream as well. I've seen it on sale before on different websites....a bit pricey, but maybe worth a try if you're that concerned.

Thanks for that one, will make some reasearch on it.

G

Anyone else guys? who maybe experienced the same or had resuslts with creams..

Damn, I am becoming sick i think, first hairloss, now anti-aging products to combat the side effects of hairloss treatments... its like a circle.

this will never end. This f*****g society made me this way.. Argh, i hate hollywood :-x

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy,yes i'll definetly let you know what he says, please let me know if you find anything aswell. Im frickin 22 years old and this sh*t shouldnt be happening, im fuckin pissed too! God please make HM a relaity in a few years time!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
This thread is useless.

Minoxidil won't cause facial wrinkling.

Take care of your face, damnit.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
One question:

We are all men here, right? Why do we care about facial lines like some fretting girls? Yes, you are still young, but take it from me, if you are reasonable-looking, then these lines can add some character and maturity. My hands are also on the rough side and I prefer it that way.

G

dark_one said:
One question:

We are all men here, right? Why do we care about facial lines like some fretting girls? Yes, you are still young, but take it from me, if you are reasonable-looking, then these lines can add some character and maturity. My hands are also on the rough side and I prefer it that way.

Because I am 25 years old man.. 25 years old. too young for that. Stax is 22!!

I would not care if i were 40.. even if i were 35 i woudl not care i think. And my sking is white caucasian, so even worser. it's more noticeable when i am aging.

Damn.. I see 40 years old guys, who have full head of shyny stright hair and perfect skin..

I know that asking for creams sounds GAY.. But we are too young for this man.. too young.

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, O.K., you are 25 years old and may be very active socially, so this is an important issue to you. It is not to me, and I will admit I am probably in the minority. In my place of work, coming across older (really more experienced-looking) definitely is of importance at least initially.

Most people think that my mother who is about 27 years older than me is either my sister or partner.

But, I am not really attributing minoxidil's effects (if any) to this, because I am not very convinced.

G

dark_one said:
Well, O.K., you are 25 years old and may be very active socially, so this is an important issue to you. It is not to me, and I will admit I am probably in the minority. In my place of work, coming across older (really more experienced-looking) definitely is of importance at least initially.

Most people think that my mother who is about 27 years older than me is either my sister or partner.

But, I am not really attributing minoxidil's effects (if any) to this, because I am not very convinced.

Ok, I understand your position. :) How old are you?

May I ask you how long have you been on Minoxidil? And when have you noticed your accelerated aging?

And I see you have no regimen, just to know, what other products are you taking? Propecia?

And do you had results?

G

stax said:
GoodGuy,yes i'll definetly let you know what he says, please let me know if you find anything aswell. Im frickin 22 years old and this $#iT shouldnt be happening, im fuckin pissed too! God please make HM a relaity in a few years time!

Thanks, sure, I will let you know if i find some cream that could work. We keep in touch. :wink:

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First off, retin-A.

After that, it's up to you. tons of choices.

Kinetin
vitamin C (magesium ascorbyl phosphate or another vitamin C derivative if u want to put it in a cream)
retinyl acetate
matrixyl
matrixyl 3000
epidermal growth factor
keratinocyte growth factor

i'm sure the list goes on. i can't think right now. http://www.skinactives.com has everything but the matrixyl 3000. http://www.thepersonalformulator.com has the 3000.

strivectin-sd (i believe) has palmitoyl oligopeptide, which is one of two matrikines found in matrixyl 3000.

unless u want to get ripped off go d-i-y.

also http://www.gardenofwisdom.com

you should look into topical anti-oxidants too. as well as oral ones.

Hope this helps.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Here's my recommendation:

Mornings - wash face with soap and water
Apply a 10% alpha hydroxy acid cream to the face
Work some extra cream into the wrinkles

Evenings - wash face with soap and water, use a washcloth and circle motion on the face to lightly exfoliate with the washcloth
Apply Copper Peptide serum (pickhart)
For extra wrinkle attention, get some copper peptide "super cop" and work that into the wrinkles

Make sure you are drinking plenty of water throughout the day
Make sure you are getting enough sleep, 8 hours is recommended

And finally, call your mother at least once a week.