For Those Who've Tried Several Concealers

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm Norwood 2.5 diffuse thinner with most visible loss at the crown. Tried Caboki in front of the bathroom mirror and felt a burst of divinity as I again appeared to have practically a full head of hair. Scalp no longer visible under lighting, density restored, I "felt" 5 years more youthful, the effect was quite powerful. I underestimated how good these fibres are.

All this was seriously tempered five minutes later when I ran my hands through my hair and my palms looked like a school kids who'd been playing with an ink cartridge.

For those experienced with concealers, are there any on the market which do not run on the hands once "set"? There's no point me using a concealer on a date if I'm constantly fearing the girl rubbing her hands through my hair.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nanogen and Toppik have fibre setting sprays that you can spray after you apply the fibres, however you can't freely run your hand in your hair all the time as it will definitely start coming off. Another solution is using hairspray after the fibres.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Nanogen and Toppik have fibre setting sprays that you can spray after you apply the fibres, however you can't freely run your hand in your hair all the time as it will definitely start coming off. Another solution is using hairspray after the fibres.

Have you tried Derm match before? I see that touted as the best of the concealers but I'm not sure if that comes off on the hands.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are NO fibres you can run your hands through, or sleep on a pillow, with no tell-tale signs the following morning. Sad but true. Dermmatch is better, and doesn't come off the part of your head where there is hair, but will come off crown if not very hair-covered on a pillow. No spray keeps it in place, it may help and then just touch up next morning, but crown wise it's not going to stay well. But put enough hair spray in to make the girl not want to run her hands through it. I've tried pretty much every fibre on the market, bar a couple. There's no difference. You need a LOT of hair still for it to work best, which is not where most of us are at.

It's the best we have though.