For those that finasteride didn't work.

zetta98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
14 Months in and i still dont se a diffrence still shedding, i Will stay on it 24 months, dont know if it has Done anything slightly thinner on the front
14 months myself except I'm on dutasteride. Went straight to the suppose big guns. Was trying to halt my receding hairline which is a high one already but still recesing/shedding on the hairline. Everywhere else has so far thickened up greatly so hoping the hairline is next.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people who noticed something happening to their hair after 6+months. But in those stories they also notice less shedding somewhere between 1-6months or a short period of extreme shedding somewhere between 1-6 months. Did you notice somethung in month 1 to 6?

I didn't really notice any extreme shedding but I was already shedding pretty extreme prior to taking finasteride, so for the first 6 months or so that continued. As for less shedding, I did start to notice less shedding after a few months, even when my hair was at its thinnest, I guess it caused me to shed the unhealthy hairs thus making it thinner and grew healthier hairs in their place.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think a 30 day break after 5 months of consecutive use could've set me back? I'm praying that's the case cause now I'm on month 4 since then and I'm def below baseline.
I would think so, you're at 8 months at best since you took a 30 day break plus whatever other affect it had on your hair. I'm no expert but there's a chance that during the 30 day break, your hormones went back to normal, if that is the case then it would've been like starting over and now currently being at 4 months, I would recommend at least another 6 months before decided finasteride isn't working for you though.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didn't really notice any extreme shedding but I was already shedding pretty extreme prior to taking finasteride, so for the first 6 months or so that continued. As for less shedding, I did start to notice less shedding after a few months, even when my hair was at its thinnest, I guess it caused me to shed the unhealthy hairs thus making it thinner and grew healthier hairs in their place.
Thanks! I will ride it out one more month, then i will make the switch to duta

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been taking EOD since 2016. It thickened and made my hair less brittle, but I still jumped from nw3 to 4.