For Those Not Diy And Using Salons How Often And Cost?

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you not doing this yourself and using a salon or service, how often are you there for cleaning and rebonding and any reattaching in between at home? How much is it running you on the average? The salon I went to quoted me $600 usd plus tax for the system (skin, injected hair) and said i would only need to come in once a month for a good cleaning and rebond at $95. Does this sound doable or am I getting the hair pulled over my eyes? LOL

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Josh

I don't use a salon myself for maintenance, but from talking to other guys I think $95 is around the going rate - the range seems to be about $75 - 150. Usually the appointments are monthly. Are you in a big city location?

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Is the system you are getting stock or custom?

2. $95 for service is reasonable, as Noah said, but many many folks are doing it DIY!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a salon. I pay £90 for a refit. I only go maybe once every 3 or 4 months. It's like a special treat for me :D

Normally I just refit at home. Takes an hour every 2 weeks.

The hair system I have costs around £600. This is a custom piece and the price includes fitting and cut-in. I will probably buy 3 of these a year, though I think I can get away with just 2.

All in, including supplies and for 3 systems I probably spend around £2200 a year. Some spend less, some spend more. Main thing is for you to be happy with the system that goes on your head, and to manage the maintenance without too much hassle.

Josh mw

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks guys, yes the unit is a "stock unit" this salon supposedly makes their own onsite. The guy has been doing non-surgical hair restoration for over 40 years so hopefully I've fallen into good hands. Thanks for the input everyone.