Following On From What Was Said Previously...

jd_uk

Reaction score
Still nobody has got the point of this thread answered the question within it.

Interestingly, it went untouched completely for about 24 hours until someone replied and of coure then the barrage of (somewhat unrelated) negativity follows.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a serious cope.

The reality: It doesn't make a woman a bad person if she's unattracted to unattractive men.

What is attractive? Some women like
That's a serious cope.

The reality: It doesn't make a woman a bad person if she's unattracted to unattractive men.

The flavors are different:cool::D

Some love beautiful ones, some freaks, some ugly guys, some rich guys ;)

One nice example :

This guy is more ugly but his wife and children are cute :

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still nobody has got the point of this thread answered the question within it.

Interestingly, it went untouched completely for about 24 hours until someone replied and of coure then the barrage of (somewhat unrelated) negativity follows.

There are multiple paths to happiness.

But saying someone is only happy because they look good and therefore not meaningfully happy is BS. You setup a false dichotomy and that's why people didn't respond ... Irrational statements often go over people 's heads.

If you look good you have an advantage in life. Same as being rich or healthy. Whether or not you use that advantage competently is a separate question. Many people squander their advantages, Val Kilmer for example, but that's besides the point.

shookwun

Reaction score
A girl who don't take you because you have hair loss is just a sh*t girl.
This same girl will leave you quickly if you will hit cancer or something else in your life.

Good , really good girls with an amazing character are very very rare.

It's like a 6 in lottery
Why is she a sh*t girl?
'
Because she finds that person unattractive. What you, and I find attractive we have no control over. I cannot go into the control panel of my brain and tweek my choice of preference, and decide one day that I like fat women.

Am I a bad person for not wanting to be with fat women because it's disgusting to look at?

T

tellersquill

I think he wants us to answer this:
Who would you honestly say is more happy?... this guy below, or the guy who knows/believes deep down that his social group and girlfriend/wife are only in his life because of the number of/illusion of follicles on his head.

To begin with - we can never know who is the most happy. Robin Williams seemed like a very happy guy and so full of life - until he hung himself that is. So to play the guessing game on who is happier is very problematic.

As for you poking holes at the man who believes people only like them for their hair:

The comeback is that people like you dependent on a whole scheme of things:

-How much you have in common (world view, religion, hobbies, common friends)
-If they feel better or worse around you
-Your appearance
-What they get out of it (do you make them laugh, horny, excited, curious)
-Whether they trust you

Every one of your friends and every one of your lovers spent time with you for a reason. Now, that reason will never be one thing. It will be a handful of things that have been listed above, but those things that are listed are requirements of those friendships/relationships.

If a woman is attracted to you for two reasons (there will be more) and you stopped having one - then soon the attraction will diminish of die.

Say she likes you for your looks and your long conversations.

-If you lost your looks she would soon just have the conversations (and that makes you pretty much only friend).
-If you stopped the conversations you'd only be looks (and that would make you just a sex based relationship).

As you can see from this drawn out explanation; a relationship is always held together by an unspoken criteria. To think otherwise is naivity, and it is sweet that someone can be so naïve - a bit like child who belies in santa claus - but that doesn't ever make them righ.

jd_uk

Reaction score
There are multiple paths to happiness.

But saying someone is only happy because they look good and therefore not meaningfully happy is BS. You setup a false dichotomy and that's why people didn't respond ... Irrational statements often go over people 's heads.

If you look good you have an advantage in life. Same as being rich or healthy. Whether or not you use that advantage competently is a separate question. Many people squander their advantages, Val Kilmer for example, but that's besides the point.

With respect, I don't think there is anything complictated about the question in my second paragraph. People avoid it because it goes against the popular consensus of this forum and of those personality types generally more attracted to this forum.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah and this average as f*** looking c*** shot his baby batter in teresa palmer's snatch:

Mark_Webber_June_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

Exceptions exist

I'd say Teresa Palmer is average.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
meh hard to guess people's happiness but it always seems as if the poor, sad, lonely, and bullied people are mediocre looks or below

and the high achieving motivated types always seem to be good looking

shookwun

Reaction score
All looks.

When you are with a truly hot women with a moderate-fun personality, it's like fire works going off. That's all triggered by her aesthetics.

Your libido has a HUGE impact on how much fun you have in or out of bed with a women.

When I look back at my dating scene this year, I just cant get over the nights when I was with a true hottie. The sex, build up and everything combined was amazing.

Yawn, plain janes... 'Sure come over' ... get my nut off. Hoping they will f*** off.

A hot chick will leave you wanting more. Dopamine is triggered through sh*t we like.... This leads to better conversations, and more interest.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is she a sh*t girl?
'
Because she finds that person unattractive. What you, and I find attractive we have no control over. I cannot go into the control panel of my brain and tweek my choice of preference, and decide one day that I like fat women.

Am I a bad person for not wanting to be with fat women because it's disgusting to look at?

To get to the point:

my problem with many forum members here is that many of them think hair is everything.
If you have hair your life is just beautiful and amazing and everything is just perfect.

That's just a big illusion!

I do not understand this logic:
Hair make up five percent of your attractive and personality. 95 % are other features.

If i read some postings here then one could think hair is everything and every person on this planet is just love your hair and
nothing otherwise.

Sorry for my bad english but im sure you understand me ;)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
With respect, I don't think there is anything complictated about the question in my second paragraph. People avoid it because it goes against the popular consensus of this forum and of those personality types generally more attracted to this forum.

Your question is irrational, with respect. I'll rephrase it for you.

Would you rather be an ugly/plain guy who makes good decisions and ends up happy, or an attractive guy who makes poor decisions and ends up miserable?

It's not a very good question imo. The better questions are:

1) Would you rather be an ugly who makes good decisions, or an attractive guy who makes good decisions?
2) Would you rather be an ugly who makes poor decisions, or an attractive guy who makes poor decisions?

Those two questions are better because they isolate variables.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who would you honestly say is more happy?... this guy below, or the guy who knows/believes deep down that his social group and girlfriend/wife are only in his life because of the number of/illusion of follicles on his head.

OK I'm gonna skip the N003-tier video of the "sexy bald salsa dancer" and move onto the bold part.

There are few things, for most men, that decimate their appearance like male pattern baldness. You keep trying to trivialise the impact by implying the "number/illusion of follicles on your head" is all it is, like its silly and shallow.

Every step up the Norwood scale is a step down the food chain. That number/illusion of follicles on your head will largely determine your LOOKS, your desirability, how wet you get a girl. Yes, your girlfriend/wife is in your life mainly because she finds you sexually attractive.

The "number of follicles" on my head will determine how ugly or attractive I, personally, will be. Its the same for a lot of other men who don't have bald-friendly features. How ugly or attractive I am will have a massive, the biggest, impact on my quality of life.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
Your question is irrational, with respect. I'll rephrase it for you.

Would you rather be an ugly/plain guy who makes good decisions and ends up happy, or an attractive guy who makes poor decisions and ends up miserable?

It's not a very good question imo. The better questions are:

1) Would you rather be an ugly who makes good decisions, or an attractive guy who makes good decisions?
2) Would you rather be an ugly who makes poor decisions, or an attractive guy who makes poor decisions?

Those two questions are better because they isolate variables.

Nope, it is a very simple question yet everyone is trying to go off on their pre programmed 'impact of hair loss' tangent.

People want to carry on ranting about how ugly baldness is, how they dont blame women for seeing how ugly their genetics are but the question was simple and there was a reason for asking it.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Good post, and I'll add that the lines of demarcation between "looks" and "personality" are not clearly drawn at all. Looks greatly influence our appraisal of personality traits like humor, kindness and trustworthiness. The long conversations in your example might seem extra interesting because of her liking the way you look. Where I diverge from many on this forum is I also think this works in reverse; you seem more attractive and the sex is better because the conversations are good.

So if you for one reason or another start looking much worse (say due to baldness), you'll likely not seem as funny, as kind or as interesting to the people you are with. I suspect this is why guys who start balding into the relationship often get dumped with the observation that "you've changed". You might have to over-compensate, by being extra funny, extra attentive, extra erudite, just to maintain the impression you gave the way you looked before.

It must be a whole lot easier living if you are unaware of these complexities. Now I can't unsee them and it has made me a whole lot more cynical about life and about people in general.

If ever there was a classic case of someone who has spent too much time absorbing literally the most negative posts on this forum...

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, it is a very simple question yet everyone is trying to go off on their pre programmed 'impact of hair loss' tangent.

People want to carry on ranting about how ugly baldness is, how they dont blame women for seeing how ugly their genetics are but the question was simple and there was a reason for asking it.

I would rather be an average-looking person who makes great decisions than an attractive person who makes awful decisions.

But that preference is irrelevant.

shookwun

Reaction score
To get to the point:

my problem with many forum members here is that many of them think hair is everything.
If you have hair your life is just beautiful and amazing and everything is just perfect.

That's just a big illusion!

I do not understand this logic:
Hair make up five percent of your attractive and personality. 95 % are other features.

If i read some postings here then one could think hair is everything and every person on this planet is just love your hair and
nothing otherwise.

Sorry for my bad english but im sure you understand me ;)
What you, and I find attractive has no bearing on the character & how good of a person someone is.

5%?

Are you kidding me. hair loss will make you ugly, even if you were formerly handsome.

With the right hair style you can go from average to good looking.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
first advice to a man to improve his looks is... CHANGE HAIRCUT

if hair do not matter why the f*** everyone is suggesting it

T

tellersquill

JD UK, I'm the one who actually answered your question and yet you ignore it to argue with other posters.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A girl who don't take you because you have hair loss is just a sh*t girl.
This same girl will leave you quickly if you will hit cancer or something else in your life.

Good , really good girls with an amazing character are very very rare.

It's like a 6 in lottery

there are not sh*t girls...some women are genuinely not attracted its a deal breaker..some are not.

To me bad teeth or fat is a deal breaker if a man approaches me..its a turn off. nothing personal to them

some women hair not there is a turn off...

its better to not be with someone you are NOT attracted to at all.

Can you become attracted to someone? sure as long as your not 'repulsed' if you have no attraction this is not the same thing

sometimes you just dont notice someone...Not every person is 'oh he hit me in my panties from first glance' does not happen

so if you work with or go to school with someone who is mediocre looking or 'not your type' and you get to know them YOU CAN become attracted to them
but not if it pains you to look at them

this is both men and women

when you are in love with someone who ages or gets sick or starts losing hair THIS is different and only a shitty person would leave.

shookwun

Reaction score
first advice to a man to improve his looks is... CHANGE HAIRCUT

if hair do not matter why the f*** everyone is suggesting it
Ha that 100% true then they will mention loose weight.

A change in hair cut can make you go from average to handsome. Its unreal how much a good style n hair can boost your attractiveness.

Ever see a skull'cel with a hat on? Takes it off. From garbage to good looking.

Hair is everything