Following On From What Was Said Previously...

jd_uk

Reaction score
Also, to be a bit more provocative... Most of our goals in life are to be happy and healthy. A constant stream of hot women...well, ok...if that is your drug. But the end goal for most is happiness or good health.

Who would you honestly say is more happy?... this guy below, or the guy who knows/believes deep down that his social group and girlfriend/wife are only in his life because of the number of/illusion of follicles on his head.

I know of many guys similar to the above who just got on with life regardless and didn't believe that to go bald would be worse than death.

I think perhaps people should sensibly do what they can for hair loss but also retain perspective and a back up plan for what happens if at some point they need to accept that they will never not look balding to some extent (which is quite likely).

Last edited:

lbj2

Reaction score
The problem is that baldness makes it much harder to find potential life partners that you're actually interested in. Not necessarily impossible no, and much depends on your own individual circumstances, but it's quite frequently a huge game changer. And you know what? You might need to seriously date a few or several or even many women before you get to know one who is actually right for you.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah and this average as f*** looking c*** shot his baby batter in teresa palmer's snatch:

Mark_Webber_June_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

Exceptions exist

lbj2

Reaction score
yeah and this average as f*** looking c*** shot his baby batter in teresa palmer's snatch:

Mark_Webber_June_2014_%28cropped%29.jpg

Exceptions exist

Looks better with a cap: http://www.superiorpics.com/event/'The_Hottest_State'_New_York_Screening/Summer_FL05002970.html

He knocked her up first.

Regardless sure exceptions exist, some people win the lottery, does that induce you to play? Instead of playing sh*t hand after sh*t hand, it might be best to regroup and find another game (treating hairloss can do that for you).

T

tellersquill

This, this and this again. I admire your optimism @jd_uk , I really do, and I'm glad that you've come to terms with your hair loss and have been able to get on without it. The problem is that many on this forum cannot. For some, the issue may well be psychological, others may genuinely just not suit the look. That guy in your video is good-looking (face at least), he looks nothing like the average bald bloke; give him a thick mop of coffee coloured curls and he would most likely be modelling. He also has a good head shape. Most of us aren't that fortunate. Take myself for example. Prior to hair loss I was an okay looking bloke, nothing incredible, but attractive enough to pull 5/10 girls at parties and at least give myself a fighting chance with the ones I was really attracted to. [This is 18 year old me below by the way, NW3 but with a very, very good combover!]View attachment 44481 Then, baldness hit. I tried to adapt, joined a gym, got big, restyled my wardrobe, but you know what? It made no f*****g difference. Girl's didn't give me a second glance. Funnily enough, when I slapped on a hair piece they all came running again. Sadly, I then became disfigured, like properly disfigured - damaged skin all over my body - so in truth, my problems now go far beyond baldness. The point still stands though, you just can't generalise with these things.
DBW how old are you now?

By the way you wrote in previous posts I though you were really ugly. You're actually quite good looking in that picture -maybe around a 7.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
This, this and this again. I admire your optimism @jd_uk , I really do, and I'm glad that you've come to terms with your hair loss and have been able to get on without it. The problem is that many on this forum cannot. For some, the issue may well be psychological, others may genuinely just not suit the look. That guy in your video is good-looking (face at least), he looks nothing like the average bald bloke; give him a thick mop of coffee coloured curls and he would most likely be modelling. He also has a good head shape. Most of us aren't that fortunate. Take myself for example. Prior to hair loss I was an okay looking bloke, nothing incredible, but attractive enough to pull 5/10 girls at parties and at least give myself a fighting chance with the ones I was really attracted to. [This is 18 year old me below by the way, NW3 but with a very, very good combover!]View attachment 44481 Then, baldness hit. I tried to adapt, joined a gym, got big, restyled my wardrobe, but you know what? It made no f*****g difference. Girls didn't give me a second glance. Funnily enough, when I slapped on a hair piece they all came running again. Sadly, I then became disfigured, like properly disfigured - damaged skin all over my body - so in truth, my problems now go far beyond baldness. The point still stands though, you just can't generalise with these things.

You are 7.25/10 on this pic mate... This combover is a masterpiece! Probably just a lucky photo but still not less than 6.5 100%.

You'd look okay shaved tbh (at least from this pic) do not know about skin condition tho.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is that baldness makes it much harder to find potential life partners that you're actually interested in. Not necessarily impossible no, and much depends on your own individual circumstances, but it's quite frequently a huge game changer. And you know what? You might need to seriously date a few or several or even many women before you get to know one who is actually right for you.

A girl who don't take you because you have hair loss is just a sh*t girl.
This same girl will leave you quickly if you will hit cancer or something else in your life.

Good , really good girls with an amazing character are very very rare.

It's like a 6 in lottery

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A girl who don't take you because you have hair loss is just a sh*t girl.
This same girl will leave you quickly if you will hit cancer or something else in your life.

Good , really good girls with an amazing character are very very rare.

It's like a 6 in lottery

That's a serious cope.

The reality: It doesn't make a woman a bad person if she's unattracted to unattractive men.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am now 20, soon to be 21. Thanks r.e. the picture. Unfortunately, like I said, I don't look anything like that anymore. These days I'm a slick-bald NW6 with the face of a 50yr old drug addict.

Can't imagine what can be so wrong with skin.. Drop a depersonalized sample in PM if want. Really curious.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
DBW if you're the guy on the left I think you're above average, and you're doing the right thing to try and hold on to the hair you have. Your natural is above average as well.

I won't give you a precise number, but your teeth are good, you have a well-defined chin, decent shoulders, and clear skin. You're also sporting modest facial hair which I think is the way to go.

jd_uk

Reaction score
People are, unsurprisingly, missing the point of this thread. And also avoiding the question in it.

jd_uk

Reaction score
That's a serious cope.

The reality: It doesn't make a woman a bad person if she's unattracted to unattractive men.

I agree that it isn't about character. 'Bad person'... No, We are all capable of being selfish/having our own shallow interests/preferences.

But I don't blame any guy with hair loss genetics (most men) for disliking a woman who is completely turned off by something so common and as normal in healthy men as hair loss. Lots of 'better' women out there.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
But I don't blame any guy with hair loss genetics (most men) for disliking a woman who is completely turned off by something so common and as normal in healthy men as hair loss. Lots of 'better' women out there.

Again, nothing to do with being common or "normal". It's ugly.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I am now 20, soon to be 21. Thanks r.e. the picture. Unfortunately, like I said, I don't look anything like that anymore. These days I'm a slick-bald NW6 with the face of a 50yr old drug addict.

Bullsh*t. Send me a PM with a photo of your face. I wont share it. Slick bald..ok i'll take your word for it, but i'm willing to bet you look better than you think you do.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Again, nothing to do with being common or "normal". It's ugly.

The word 'ugly' is subjective.

Also, you have chosen to ignore the whole paragraph because you have seen one little thing which fires off an automatic need to respond in your mind.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that it isn't about character. 'Bad person'... No, We are all capable of being selfish/having our own shallow interests/preferences.

Obesity, shortness, ethnic appearance are all common and turn women off. Heck, half the population has an IQ<100, that's very common and largely genetic, and that turns many women off.

If a woman who has a lot to offer doesn't want to be with a man who is 5'7, fat, has an IQ of 90, and an income of ~$35,000/year doing a job that won't exist in ten years, is she a b**ch? Because those are common attributes.

My answer is no, there's nothing with her. Women and men should try and get the best they can get.

People are, unsurprisingly, missing the point of this thread. And also avoiding the question in it.

Well personally I never joined in on the flame @jd thread. And I think I've answered your point elsewhere.

A receding hairline will affect different people differently. If you have other substantial positive attributes, you can still move on and achieve a satisfactory life with a receding hairline. Imagine appearance is fungible, and you need 1,000 points to be happy, and great hair is worth 300 points. If you start off at 2,000 points because of a great physique, you'll still be comfortably happy.

I agree with what @FredTheBelgian that we should be aware of our strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly, with that said I think it is often difficult to be aware of one's strengths and weaknesses. People may have more potential in some areas than they realize. There's a lot of untapped potential out there. For example the MMA fighter Jon Jones, he didn't get into MMA until a very late age so there was no way to know he'd be good at it.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
The word 'ugly' is subjective.

Also, you have chosen to ignore the whole paragraph because you have seen one little thing which fires off an automatic need to respond in your mind.

What else do you want me to respond to? You said you "wouldn't blame any guy" for disliking a woman because she finds baldness unattractive. Why? I find baldness unattractive, I sure as hell know it takes several points off my attractiveness, why should I expect a woman to feel any different?

It all comes down to this bullshit "u dont need people like that in ur life anyway honey!!! ur beautiful!!" Nah f*** that, baldness is OBJECTIVELY unattractive, unless you get very lucky with facial bone structure/ethnicity/other mitigating factors so that it barely affects your appearance.

Dislike a woman for mocking, belittling baldness? Absolutely.
Dislike a woman for finding baldness unattractive? No.

Last edited:

jd_uk

Reaction score
Obesity, shortness, ethnic appearance are all common and turn women off. Heck, half the population has an IQ<100, that's very common and largely genetic, and that turns many women off.

If a woman who has a lot to offer doesn't want to be with a man who is 5'7, fat, has an IQ of 90, and an income of ~$35,000/year doing a job that won't exist in ten years, is she a b**ch? Because those are common attributes.

My answer is no, there's nothing with her. Women and men should try and get the best they can get.

Well personally I never joined in on the flame @jd thread. And I think I've answered your point elsewhere.

A receding hairline will affect different people differently. If you have other substantial positive attributes, you can still move on and achieve a satisfactory life with a receding hairline. Imagine appearance is fungible, and you need 1,000 points to be happy, and great hair is worth 300 points. If you start off at 2,000 points because of a great physique, you'll still be comfortably happy.

I agree with what @FredTheBelgian that we should be aware of our strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly, with that said I think it is often difficult to be aware of one's strengths and weaknesses. People may have more potential in some areas than they realize. There's a lot of untapped potential out there. For example the MMA fighter Jon Jones, he didn't get into MMA until a very late age so there was no way to know he'd be good at it.

Those points you mentioned are common yep. Obesity I would argue is often down to lifestyle and so should be considered differently from the others though. My points regarding baldness is that it is a dog eats dog world and I don't blame any guy who has hair loss for thinking a woman who is completely turned off by hair loss (partifcularly given that it happens to most men) is a b*tch. Now it might not be an accurate character assessment of her...maybe she is lovely in many ways. But said guy shouldn't even think about her or give her the time of day. Just as the woman is entitled to find hair loss umattractive, the man is entitled to think less of her than another girl who is way more accepting of hair loss.

I also agree that it is not a bad thing to be aware of strengths and weaknesses. In order to be able to adapt then we have to be aware.