Folligen

rocky

Reaction score
hairybastard said:
What about Tricomin Shampoo? Are there enough copper peptides in it to make it worth using ? Thanks.

No, it's just a shampoo so don't use it as your main source of copper-peptides. I would use Folligen Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner before I would use Tricomin Shampoo and Conditioner. I personally think that Tricomin is a waste of money seeing as there are more concentrated and effective c-p solutions available for less, such as Folligen. I believe that this higher concentration of c-p's extends over into the Folligen line of shampoo's and conditioners. I personally use Folligen Therapy Solution as my main source for concentrated c-p's, NANO for my main shampoo, and Folligen Therapy Conditioner to supplement the NANO and have an extra source of c-p's in my regimen.

rocky

-pipo-

Reaction score
JMAN,
I have never used EMU oil but I have actually ordered some just recently and will probably mix it into my shampoo routine (which was Rocky's idea and a good one as it elimnates adding another "leave on" topical but makes use of it at the same time) and wash it off......I used to use Jajobo oil which help alot with scalp condition. Anyway, Ill let you know what I think of it when I start using it.
pipo

sal1

Reaction score
Folligen & Revivogen

I'm new to this forum. I'm 35 and have battled hair loss for what seems forever. I broke down and tried Folligen. It seemed to make what hair I had grow faster and look much more healthy. But I still was losing in the front. :x

I began Revivogen and the thin areas in front are looking much better. I've also been taking Propecia for 5 years, but I still lost allot of hair while just taking that alone. So for me it seems Folligen and Revivogen is a good combo. Any one else use these two?

pete2001

Reaction score
I tried Revivogen for about 9 months last year. It is difficult to tell if it did much but I didn't lose much while using it. I think the fatty acids in it 'do' work, but the question is how much is actually absorbed beneath the skin. It is difficult to tell. At least when Dutasteride comes, we won't need ANY topical 5a-R inhibitors so Revivogen will be redundant for Dutasteride users.

My regimen has now been upped to include oral spironolactone and oral Minoxidil (Loniten) again which I am going to increase incrementally (the Loniten I mean) from 10mg towards 25mg until dutasteride arrives. I need the heavy artillery now...

richlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete,

You keep changing your regimen in waiting for dutasteride..

Aren't you at least *maintaining* your hair with propecia and minoxidil?

Aren't you at around a NW0 with all the transplant work?

The oral minoxidil and spironolactone seem pretty detrimental (possibly) to health.. doesn't this concern you? Does your regimen ever get in the way when a girl is spending the night?

Bluesmen

Reaction score
Hi there ppl,

Pete2001, please help me with this question...... I remember that you said that the first time you used Folligen Therapy Spray you had some problems like scalp irritation, etc.... I'm now using Folligen and I'm having REAL problems with it.... Scalp Irritation, stinging sensation, LOT's of dandruff, flaking, etc etc etc..... When you had side effects like this did they subside?..... How long it took to the side effecs disappeared?.... I was using only 2 topicals with nice results (minoxidil + spironolactone) and I added Folligen because I was getting some irritation with minoxidil, but things got really worst and I don't know if I should continue Folligen......

Anyone can help?.....

Thanks everyone and GOOD LUCK.

Bluesmen

-pipo-

Reaction score
Bluesman,
Its normal, and you have to ride it out bc, in a month, it will go away and with continued use, youll never have dandruff or an irritated scalp again...(I havent had a flake or itch with everday use after the first month) So stick it out, dont quit...I promise you, if you dont like it after you finish the bottle, Illsend you a free bottle of Tricomin that I bought and will never use cas it sucks.
pipo

Godknot

Reaction score
Bluesmen and Folligen?

My brother bluesmen (or shall I say brothers) do not despair. I too have found myself in the SOD crossroad quagmire. *TIME* heals all wounds. Give it a month....

Bluesmen

Reaction score
Thank you pippo and Godknot for your opinion..... I was a little afraid, I used Tricomin and didn't had any problems, and Tricomin and Folligen are similar products I found this very strange...... Maybe that's because Folligen it's a much more stronger Copper solution..... I'll stick with it!.... BTW Tricomin give very little to my hair and scalp, in my personal opinion..... Thanks again.

Now I'll use Less Spironolactone 5% Lotion in favour of Folligen.... Since they should not be used together.

Bluesmen

sal1

Reaction score
The burning sensation 8O of folligen does go away as you use it more. Took me about 3 weeks to get past it. My scalp was very dry and irritated before I used it and when I first did it felt like I was dumping paint thinner on an open wound. But it does condition the scalp for sure. No more dry, flaky scalp.

I know its not growing new hair, but it seems to speed up the growing process and thicken the hair up a bit. In the front my hair grows very slow and just stops at a certain length. But now it keeps up with the rest and keeps growing.

So dont worry too much about the stinging when you first start, it will go away when your scalp gets conditioned.

-pipo-

Reaction score
Bluesman,
I use spironolactone cream after my morning minoxidil, and use Folligen at night about an hour before my night minoxidil with retina. This works for me as can get 4 topicaol applications on a day w/o spreading them out too much. If youre taking Propecia, I believe its more important to use folligen everyday than it is to use spironolactone everyday, but try both...since spironolactone should be used in small amounts and gets rubbed directly on the scalp (if possible), it will not mess up youre hair and is a good morning topical. Good luck!
pipo

Quartz

Reaction score
chaps - have just got my folligen therapy spray through, the question I have now is: How much to use? I have diffuse thinning so have to maybe use more to get through to the scalp...but as a rule of thumb, how many squirts does the job (so to speak!)
Quartz

sal1

Reaction score
Hey Quartz.

A little seems to go a long way. I spray 6 on the front and 6 on the crown and then rub it in for 15 sconds or so. Any more than that seems to run down my face and neck and I dont want to waste the stuff. Folligen has helped my hair line to some degree for sure. Hope it works well for you also.

HB

Reaction score
What is the best way to apply folligen. For instance, I take minoxidil in the morning, 4 hours later approx, I put on folligen, should I rinse the dried out minoxidil before or it's better to put folligen right over it ?

rocky

Reaction score
HB said:
What is the best way to apply folligen. For instance, I take minoxidil in the morning, 4 hours later approx, I put on folligen, should I rinse the dried out minoxidil before or it's better to put folligen right over it ?

I think that it is better to put the Folligen directly onto the scalp over the minoxidil after the minoxidil has dried. Minoxidil is not something that you typically "rinse off" after applying...it is meant to sit on and in the scalp for at least 7 hours, and it has an effect curve that is about 7 hours long. I may be off by an hour or two, but the fact remains that you should attempt to leave minoxidil on your scalp undisturbed for at least 7 hours.

Having said the above, it is also perfectly fine to put other topicals on the scalp after the minoxidil has dried. I use Dr. Lee's 5% minoxidil and it dries in about 15 minutes because it has less proplyene glycol in it and more alcohol than Rogaine. Once the minoxidil has dried, I then apply about 1 ml of Folligen Therapy Spray with a used Rogaine dropper directly onto my scalp just as I applied the minoxidil. Since Folligen Therapy Spray is messier than minoxidil, I apply it last thing in the evening. If you can get away with applying Folligen during the day, more power to you, but do not rinse out the minoxidil.

I have also recently tried Folligen Lotion and found it to be excellent for applying onto my hairline and temples. It doesn't run like the spray, so it is better to use on those areas. I usually apply it about 3-4 nights a week alternating it with Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone lotion.

Hope this helps. Good luck,

rocky

G

Hey guys....what are your thoughts on using the real thing- Superoxide Dismutase...with liposomes of course....instead of all these memetics? Some say these larger molecular weight substances(w/out liposomes) would work some with the new Derma-Roller from lipoxidil.com as well.

rocky

Reaction score
Jacob: I wonder if 2X or more daily usage of that Derma-Roller would eventually damage the surface of the scalp. What do you think? Also, what about the use of Superoxide Dismutase without liposomes? I am not thrilled with the cost of Lipoxidil's topical treatments, nor their quality.

rocky

G

Rocky...I wondered about that especially with certain topicals- like those containing alcohol. Might get dry, rough skin in those areas or something. But then again the "punctures" are supposed to be soooooo small. But as I said in another forum...this device was designed for use with liposomal products(unless I read it wrong when it was first announced) and liposomes do more than penetrate- they hydrate etc etc.

I would think regular SOD would work to some degree with this device...but again, read their description of the Derma-Roller and how it's supposed to work-mainly with liposomes. With liposomal SOD you'll know for sure it's getting down where you want it to be. BTW..I disagree with you about lipoxidil's quality- I think they're very high quality...and if one compares their prices to...oh I dunno...Dr P's...and then consider they use liposomes...I don't think they're too bad.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk of Superoxide Dismutase instead of all those mimetics....if it's SOD you want then why isn't it SOD we're getting? Maybe having your body produce or "activate" it's own SOD is better but then why hasn't anybody said so.....

Arrghh!

Reaction score
How long should folligen stay on?

I'm adding Folligen once a day to my current twice a day Xandrox. I've heard people say with Xandrox that there is a certain amount of time it should be on the scalp to be effective. Is there a similar timeframe for Folligen?

G

Ive started using minoxidil and folligen recently. I use minoxidil 5% the rogaine/regaine kind. How long after the minoxidil application should i wait to put on folligen?