Folligen

G

CuZn said:
No, the problem that I see with Pickart's view is that; it is a well known fact that zinc is very essential for hair and a deficiency in zinc will cause hair loss; so if too much zinc as he says can drag copper out then why can't too much copper in folligen drag zinc out of hair follicles?
CuZn

As I indicated, he will answer emails. I would pose the question to him if you are curious.

For what it is worth, I am a long term user of folligen and think very highly of it.

Good luck

G

Dr. Proctor has the following review,
I wrote:
Sir,
A) I can't find the complete list of Proxiphen ingredients on your list,.
Does it contain both copper and zinc? ---------

Yes.

B) If not, can you please comment that if two topicals are used simultaneouslt, one with copper the other with zinc, should there be any problem? -----------------

Not that I am aware of.
Dr Proctor

Besides, Loren Pickart has not answered my email questioning if I use Crinagen with Folligen, would there any probelm cause of the Zinc content of Crinagen.

Cheers,

CuZn

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys being a newbie.. i just started on a revivogen and folligen regime, but i need some input on how and when ya guys have been applying them so that they wont counter react with each other.

Anita

Reaction score
My husband just started using Folligen spray at night, and I plan on starting as well. My question is about staining-- his pillowcases are all green (luckily we have white pillowcases). Does this stuff come off???

Thanks!

KO_thomas

Reaction score
Anita said:
My husband just started using Folligen spray at night, and I plan on starting as well. My question is about staining-- his pillowcases are all green (luckily we have white pillowcases). Does this stuff come off???

Yes, it should come off with no problem. Also you should allow plenty of time for the folligen to dry before going to bed, this may prevent some of the discoloration of your pillowcases.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
My question about Folligen is what shampoo gets it off the following morning! I have to use T-Gel 2/3 times and at times I cant shift the green colour, would the Folligen shampoo do this? Ive never actually tried it.

G

Hess said:
My question about Folligen is what shampoo gets it off the following morning! I have to use T-Gel 2/3 times and at times I cant shift the green colour, would the Folligen shampoo do this? Ive never actually tried it.

I use folligen but most seem to work fine. Are you using the therapy spray or lotion?

G

Hess said:
Im using the Therapy Spray. Perhaps im putting too much on???

that could be. I use 1 ML per application and that covers top of head forward.

Hess

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive left it a couple of days but I still cant get rid of the staining! does anyone else get this? It's beginning to get on my nerves! So far the best ive used is the Revivogen Shampoo, possibly because you have to leave it on a few minutes. I want to be a Folligen beleiver but my patience as well as my hair is thinning!

mediatech

Reaction score
Hess said:
Ive left it a couple of days but I still cant get rid of the staining! does anyone else get this? It's beginning to get on my nerves! So far the best ive used is the Revivogen Shampoo, possibly because you have to leave it on a few minutes. I want to be a Folligen beleiver but my patience as well as my hair is thinning!

I use Nioxin and never noticed any residual from Folligen spray. Folligen definitely works for me however I have heard it can cause more hair loss in some people with very sensitive scalps.

If you noticed increased shedding that's normal. I almost stopped using the product until I noticed that all the hair that was falling out was being replaced by new hair. Now it looks like I have a bad hair cut with the combination of new short hair and longer hair.

I've been using Folligen for almost 3 months and am rather impressed with the results. I've tripled the recommended dosage to see what happens next... and I'm taking photos.

Reaction score
Quick Question

...and Bruce, you might be able to answer this quickly.

how often are you suppose to use Folligen? Once a day? How often do you use the Folligen shampoo and conditioner?

G

Re: Quick Question

WRX_STi_Driver said:
...and Bruce, you might be able to answer this quickly.

how often are you suppose to use Folligen? Once a day? How often do you use the Folligen shampoo and conditioner?

I use the spray once a day in the evening. I use folligen shampoo and conditioner every other day.

:lol:

Dermsgreat

Reaction score
Hello im 18 and a male . i suffer from serious dandruff which has always plagued my scalp.But now instead when i sweat , my scalp becomes sore . it then turns a burning red which is resulting in a huge amount of hairloss. i have tried evry anti - dandruff shampoo but nothng has helped the condition . it just seems to get worse. i would greatly appreciate any help .

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You posted this message on the skinbiology board a few days ago, and I posted a detailed answer there with several suggestions.

traveller

Reaction score
Folligen/Tricomin experiences

Hi,

I realise this is quite an old thread but I’m adding to it because I imagine some of you have been using Folligen, or Tricomin for quite a while now, and it would be great to hear about your experiences.

I’ve been using both for about a month now – mixing them around a bit but typically Tricomin in the morning and Folligen at night. (To me they both feel the same, they make my hair feel healthier, and neither stings or irritates on application). I’ve noticed a drastic reduction in hair loss and my scalp doesn’t itch at all. I’ve also noticed that the bulbous ends of those few hairs that do still fall out are now sticky rather than dry, so it gives me the impression that the hairs are being re-stimulated back into action, (although I realise this may just be an overly positive look on something quite insignificant).

Could any of you, who have taken either of these two products for a while, tell me if you’ve had any success, such as noticeable regrowth, new sprouting hairs, denser hair and so on?

It would be great to hear from you.

Thanks a lot.

My regime:
Folligen Solution Therapy Spray – applied with dropper.
Tricomin Follicle Therapy Spray – applied with dropper.
Propecia.
Nizoral (but haven’t used since starting on Folligen/Tricomin).

aussiestaceus

Reaction score
what about using minoxidil with folligen?

4.5 months ago I started using minoxidil 5% with 1mg propecia, but the itching and irratation forced me to stop using minoxidil 5%. Also tried tgel and nizoral but that didnt alleviate the pain. Still kept up with the propecia, but now I seem to be going thru a shed.

Now after reading this WHOLE thread it seems, folligen wins over tricomin but you get the itchy and tingling with it as well. Now my problem is that i scratch at nights when my scalp itches and this causes even further hair loss.

So my questions are

Should I use folligen only, ride out the pain for a month and hope for it to alleviate thereafter?

Should I use folligen with minoxidil, ride out the pain for a month since I will have the itching probably with folligen anyway, and hope for it to alleviate thereafter?

Should I use the emu oil to help with the itching? if so how are people using this?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I've been using the folligen spray (about 14 - 17 spritzes worth) for 4-5x per week since October 04.

It might be helping keep my follicles and scalp healthier then they'd be without - but, no help in terms of regrowth.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi aussiestaceus,

You may be alregic to propylen glycol, an ingredient in the minoxidil. There are people who are allergic to it and it makes their scalp very itchy and irritating. I suggest that you switch to a version without propylen glycol (from dr. Lee http://www.xandrox.com). Also, folligen also consists of propylen glycol so you won't stand it either. Use tricomin instead. Emu oil may reduce your irritaion. It should be a very good stuff.

Good luck!