Follicum Trial Starting Soon In Germany

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As expected: Follicum is done.

No significant difference to the placebo group and they will probably not pursue it any further. Still a thank you from my side that they have tried.
Damn boy.

I had low expectations with them but was convinced their FOL-005 would end up on the shelf one day, given their scientific and pragmatic approach.

I wonder how many more fails we will witness before seeing something commercialized...

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for them, they really thought they were on to something.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Follicum will conduct further analyses of the study results and also explore the possibilities to further develop FOL-005 for other medical conditions where the drug candidate in preclinical studies has shown good tissue repair effects"

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ralf Paus
MARCH 22, 2021 AT 5:05 PM
Have seen too few hard, convincing data on the effects of microneedling to be able to comment positively or negatively
Follicum: I have enjoyed collaborating with this company for a long time (and am thus clearly biased!), but am impressed by their serious, science-driven approach (the studies Follicum publishes speak for themselves).
If more companies active in the hair arena today rigorously followed this approach, rather than a primarily marketing-driven one, we would already have much better hair products to choose from.

Hairlosscure2020 comment.
Funny thing to say two month ahead of such a fail as a scientific advisor

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ralf Paus
Have seen too few hard, convincing data on the effects of microneedling to be able to comment positively or negatively
Follicum: I have enjoyed collaborating with this company for a long time (and am thus clearly biased!), but am impressed by their serious, science-driven approach (the studies Follicum publishes speak for themselves).
If more companies active in the hair arena today rigorously followed this approach, rather than a primarily marketing-driven one, we would already have much better hair products to choose from.

Lmaooo

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Broootal

@czecha how did I do?
Brutal pauspill

1EF3E537-8EB7-47D8-A299-4471AB358698.jpeg

it’s over for pausells

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ralf Paus

They pay him, what else was he going to say? At least he said he was biased.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel sorry for them, they really thought they were on to something.
Let that be a lesson not to get hyped just because a company believes in what they have. Some of these companies are duping investors and some just get duped by researchers who are trying to make a quick buck on something they know will only be minimally effective. I'm not talking about Paus, I don't know his level of involvement in this. I don't know why I'm even saying this. It's not going to stop people from heralding every new company FT posts about as the cure.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO all company's approach is wrong. They all find the solution that can mass production for profit. The cure is not something you consume or drop on your head, but lies in physical activity.
So treadmill is cure. Got it

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let that be a lesson not to get hyped just because a company believes in what they have. Some of these companies are duping investors and some just get duped by researchers who are trying to make a quick buck on something they know will only be minimally effective. I'm not talking about Paus, I don't know his level of involvement in this. I don't know why I'm even saying this. It's not going to stop people from heralding every new company FT posts about as the cure.
If there's something we can learn about many fail of company, it's male pattern baldness is multi-factor. It is a chain of three or more reasons combine.