Follica Update R&d & Capital Markets Day( (may 12th 2017)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have called R. Dhurat yesterday. She confirmed she was on the board for Follica.

She didn't want to disclose anything at all about Follica but said they would initiate their study soon.

Regarding the thread embedding therapy you can get that at her clinic in Mumbai, in combination with other things (combination therapy).

I don't want to go to Mumbai, tell her to come to the USA. I'm sure someone here will marry her if she needs citizenship.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I have called R. Dhurat yesterday. She confirmed she was on the board for Follica.

She didn't want to disclose anything at all about Follica but said they would initiate their study soon.

Regarding the thread embedding therapy you can get that at her clinic in Mumbai, in combination with other things (combination therapy).

But if we need to have one treatment per week, and assume we need 8 treatment, we will need to spend at least 2 months time in Mumbai, this is not financially feasible.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score

So now we can say it's more than minoxidil?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm doing minoxidil 2x EOD and dermarolling (1.5mm only until red, never bleeding) on the off days, so also EOD -- that is basically Dhurat's protocol, no? I also shampoo with Nizoral on the dermaroll days and T-gel on the minoxidil days. we'll see if this does anything. I've responded to minoxidil before.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right now I'm doing minoxidil 2x EOD and dermarolling (1.5mm only until red, never bleeding) on the off days, so also EOD -- that is basically Dhurat's protocol, no? I also shampoo with Nizoral on the dermaroll days and T-gel on the minoxidil days. we'll see if this does anything. I've responded to minoxidil before.

Dhurat's protocol is to dermaroll once per week, and apply minoxidil twice daily, but not for 24 hours after dermarolling.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These companies need to get their heads out their asses. Conference here, conference there. Maybe this, maybe that.

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe use I'll use Shiseido's adenosine shampoo on the Nizoral off days instead of T-Gel, unless my dandruff gets too bad.

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
Now is there anyone who got Dr dhurat result by using dermaroller and minoxidil at home ? If no then it's more than minoxidil

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the max natural density a human can have?

300 maybe for blondes who tend to have thinner hair.

But also, anywhere from 124 to 200 hairs per cm^2 according to densities of 50 hair transplant patients' donor areas (back of their scalps). Or 65 to 85 follicular units per cm^2.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10417585

Balding becomes noticeable at around 50% loss.

Last edited:

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Now is there anyone who got Dr dhurat result by using dermaroller and minoxidil at home ? If no then it's more than minoxidil

For an answer to that please visit the locked dermarolling thread... hardly anyone saw noticeable results from this method...

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which means there is something else other than minoxidil

No unprecedented new treatment is going to come from simply combining two already-common treatments. minoxidil is 30-some years old and needling/dermarolling dates back decades too.

We are not the first generation to try to fight baldness. Anything that easy/obvious would have been stumbled onto a long time ago.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
No unprecedented new treatment is going to come from simply combining two already-common treatments. minoxidil is 30-some years old and needling/dermarolling dates back decades too.

We are not the first generation to try to fight baldness. Anything that easy/obvious would have been stumbled onto a long time ago.

I don't care what molecule they use, but I think there is a scientific approach to wounding that can produce much better, and consistent results than a bro at home with a derma roller can...

Last edited:

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't care what molecule they use, but I think there is a scientific approach to wounding that can produce much better, and consistent results than a bro at home with a derma roller can...

According to Cotsarelis, since 2013 they believe Fgf9 is increased in skin of mice when skin is wounded resulting in wound-induced hair neogenesis. Apparently we lack Fgf9 in skin after wounding and so WIHN not as robust in humans. He is quoted in Nature journal 2013 that they planned to test Fgf9 in human skin grafted onto mice and then if good results, a clinical trial.

That was four years ago. So what "novel and existing compounds" might Follica be doing clinical trials with in 2017?

Last edited:

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey what are all those other names in the "growth stage" column and what does the percentage mean?
All the other names are Puretechs other companies or subsidiaries. Im pretty sure growth stage % is just a measurement of how much each company has developed over the past year. If you look some of the companies with the least Growth are the companies closest to market so im thinking it might be like that cause they can only do so much till the request for approval

Baldybald1

Established Member
Reaction score
They won't stop researching after releasing the treatment, the will continue the research until they get the cure. I thing they got the idea now how to make new hair follicles " wounding "