Follica Protocol To Use Valproic Acid - Patent March 21st 2019

Jay2016

Reaction score
Guys,

I am not too sure if Follica's latest patent has been posted on the forum, but I have included it in the link below.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/6f/47/f6/914ccb33b08a91/WO2019055662A1.pdf

It talks about the use of Valproic Acid as the active compound, maybe this is what they intend to use with their initial iteration.

I think page 72 of the patent refers to the protocol they have used in previous trials.

Let me know guys.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys,

I am not too sure if Follica's latest patent has been posted on the forum, but I have included it in the link below.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/6f/47/f6/914ccb33b08a91/WO2019055662A1.pdf

It talks about the use of Valproic Acid as the active compound, maybe this is what they intend to use with their initial iteration.

I think page 72 of the patent refers to the protocol they have used in previous trials.

Let me know guys.
Does the patent say anything about penetration depth?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the patent say anything about penetration depth?

If you read the patent, that have been linked to, then it answers your question.

I think its a lack of respect to other people to ask for information that already have been provided

Left4bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Jay2016

Yes I Think it would be Valproic Acid ! They also talked about the drug applicator. They also talked about differents compounds as proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde or pentoxyfilline.
Minoxidil is an optional and additional agent (or diazoxide or phenytoin).

" The drug applicator may be programmed remotely using an external or mobile device via Bluetooth or other wireless communications. In an exemple, the total dose is 1ml per treatment and is deliverediun five pulse of 0.2 ml each. The drug applicators maybe programmed to perform a Massage + Dispense cycle for 1 minute that is followed by a Massage only cycle for 5 minutes"

" Different drugs or compounds may be used including proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde or pentoxyfilline (PTX) and the active ingredients descibed in section 6"

"The synergistic effect of the integumental perturbation and administration of valproic acid or a pharmaceutical acceptable salt as described herein may be measured as an improvement over control subject receiving Valproic Acid"

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg

edit : @NotInmywatch One example : 0.8mm . But it could be more.
You can see in the pics, that they are talking about " the neddle strike has a consistent depth of 0.8 mm accross the entire array", "device is held perpendicular, thereby allowing even penetration depth of passes are performed"

Last edited:

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you @Jay2016

Yes I Think it would be Valproic Acid ! They also talked about the drug applicator. They also talked about differents compounds as proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde or pentoxyfilline.
Minoxidil is an optional and additional agent (or diazoxide or phenytoin).

" The drug applicator may be programmed remotely using an external or mobile device via Bluetooth or other wireless communications. In an exemple, the total dose is 1ml per treatment and is deliverediun five pulse of 0.2 ml each. The drug applicators maybe programmed to perform a Massage + Dispense cycle for 1 minute that is followed by a Massage only cycle for 5 minutes"

" Different drugs or compounds may be used including proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde or pentoxyfilline (PTX) and the active ingredients descibed in section 6"

"The synergistic effect of the integumental perturbation and administration of valproic acid or a pharmaceutical acceptable salt as described herein may be measured as an improvement over control subject receiving Valproic Acid"

View attachment 119052 View attachment 119053 View attachment 119054 View attachment 119055 View attachment 119056 View attachment 119057 View attachment 119058 View attachment 119059 View attachment 119060 View attachment 119061 View attachment 119062 View attachment 119063 View attachment 119064 View attachment 119065 View attachment 119066 View attachment 119067 View attachment 119068 View attachment 119069

edit : @NotInmywatch One example : 0.8mm . But it could be more.
You can see in the pics, that they are talking about " the neddle strike has a consistent depth of 0.8 mm accross the entire array", "device is held perpendicular, thereby allowing even penetration depth of passes are performed"

@ToLGuy does this make you think we should be doing our daily (more regular) sessions at .75 - I think that’s the lowest D2 setting?

I’m looking forward to my Friday 2mm.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So who’s adding Valproic Acid to their regime?

Few people tried. I used Valproic acid at 12% during nearly 2 years... With minoxidil, dutasteride...I doesn't change anything...it's pretty shitty because all people i know who used VPA doesn't get any benefits...In my case i was in addition using Dutasterid and minoxifil, dermarolling, Licl, ketoconazol, Stemoxydine...a pretty good regimen...and No Effects....

I don't trust about VPA effect.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy does this make you think we should be doing our daily (more regular) sessions at .75 - I think that’s the lowest D2 setting?

I’m looking forward to my Friday 2mm.
Hmm, I wouldn't know what to say, I am doing it at 1mm with a roller (rather than a pen). But given that I am not applying a high amount of pressure, I think the needles are actually oenetrating about 0.75mm.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical VPA + needling may be a different animal than just topical VPA without it.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical VPA + needling may be a different animal than just topical VPA without it.
Biomaterials. 2018 Jun;167:69-79. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2018.03.019. Epub 2018 Mar 13.
Transcutaneous implantation of valproic acid-encapsulated dissolving microneedles induces hair regrowth.
Fakhraei Lahiji S1, Seo SH2, Kim S1, Dangol M1, Shim J2, Li CG1, Ma Y1, Lee C1, Kang G1, Yang H1, Choi KY2, Jung H3.
Author information

Abstract
The interest in alternative material systems and delivery methods for treatment of androgenetic alopecia has been increasing in the recent decades. Topical application of valproic acid (VPA), an FDA-approved anticonvulsant drug, has been shown to effectively stimulate hairfollicle (HF) regrowth by upregulating Wnt/β-catenin, a key pathway involved in initiation of HF development. Moreover, a majority of studies have suggested that cutaneous wound re-epithelialization is capable of inducing HF through Wnt/β-catenin pathway. Here, we report fabrication and evaluation of a novel VPA-encapsulating dissolving microneedle (DMN-VPA) that creates minimally invasive dermal micro-wounds upon application, significantly improving the VPA delivery efficiency. DMN-VPA not only delivers encapsulated VPA with higher accuracy than topical application, it also stimulates wound re-epithelialization signals involved in HF regrowth. Through a series of in vivo studies, we show that micro-wounding-mediated implantation of DMN-VPA upregulates expression of Wnt/β-catenin pathway, alkaline phosphatase, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, loricrin and HF stem cell markers, including keratin 15, and CD34 more effectively than topical application.