Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

Lurker otto

My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I may have pinpointed is collagen supplementation. My hair was arguably recovering density in 2020, when I first started using a pen and I was taking collagen powder once a day
Hi! Can you elaborate about collagen supplementation?

Remi12456

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone you summarize the video. I did not understand. :) Thx you for the help!

It's also interesting that collagen supplementation seemed to aid your results. One of the best results I've seen from needling was someone using collagen powder and minoxidil.
May we have more infos on it?

Last edited:

_N_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, Can someone you summarize the video. I did not understand. :) Thx you for the help!

one of the growth factors induced by skin wounding reaches a higher level with more frequent wounding, however wounding at a high density as fernandes does is not always practical.

I doubt that the guys needling their hair every day are reaching a very high density as it takes quite a time
May we have more infos on it?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Can you elaborate about collagen supplementation?

Just work it into your daily meals. It's very important to get broad aminos into your diet, like glycine, which is abundant in a scoop of a good collagen powder. It's a powerful systemic anti-inflammatory. Moderate protein with collagen supp (or cooking with bones all the time) plus subsisting on mostly carbs is optimal for hair growth. The hair follicle can't really grow with fat metabolism, it needs glucose metabolism. The typical diet is too high in muscle meat and probably too high in fat. If starch or bread or rice or potatoes cause serious reactions, focus on fruit and juice and sugared coffee. I've noticed these kind of paleo-ish eaters who deadlift and look nice, like Tim Ferriss, are always bald. I see those kinds of guys at the gym. 38 years old, white, well off middle class, decent muscle, probably crossfit-adjacent lifting, probably owns a juicer, eats avocados and sweet potatoes. A lot of the nutrition is correct, but raw vegetables — especially crucifers — are terrible for thyroid functioning, which, along with a lot of fat in the blood, is a good way to lose your hair.

My age-related baldness first became a problem to address during the time in which I adopted low carb, high protein/fat eating.

There's a good playlist here on baldness research.

I also don't see how androgens are the root cause. Pattern baldness very obviously correlates with androgen levels on the inverse — as your androgens linearly decline from 16 to 60, your hair follicles decline linearly. It's daft to even call it 'androgenic alopecia' or 'androgenetic' (I see both, so don't know which one it officially is). Just because DHT blockers locally halt hair loss in a modest degree doesn't make that name legitimate. Therefore I simply call it pattern baldness. There is no correlation between basal androgen levels and hairloss, nothing 'masculine' about being bald (except it's distinctively male in an aesthetic and superficial sense), and nothing is 'lacking' in balding guys either, as far as masculinity, androgen levels, toughness, or anything like that. It's not 'androgenic alopecia.' That is totally stupid and incorrect.

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am kind of dissapointed.I expected them to give an exact date in 2022 that they would begin phase 3 trials.I think they will postpone it to 2023.I wish i am wrong though

hrplz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am kind of dissapointed.I expected them to give an exact date in 2022 that they would begin phase 3 trials.I think they will postpone it to 2023.I wish i am wrong though
Still possible they may provide a date - their previous reports were clearly labeled “annual reports” so perhaps something new comes out tomorrow. Guess we’ll know in a little bit.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think they have a superior product to what we can already achieve with Minoxidil and an Electric Dermastamp

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Started needling last year but didn't stick to it and now can't remember what to do. I'll be using a derminator 2.

Do I go round in circles or straight lines?

Steralise the needles in alcohol beforehand, for 10 mins?

No minoxidil for 24 hours... Didn't do this once last time and it made me feel pretty unwell.

Anything else I've forgotten / need to know?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how these doctors come out of the woodwork and just embarrass themselves. Dr. Cotsarelis, and that Brotzu character... Complete embarrassments. Cotsarelis has been saying sh*t for years... still waiting for a product.
You should thank Cotsarelis skin disruption modalities. Without his work the last effective treatment discovered (aside the big 3 or other dangerous AAs) wouldnt exist.

Brotzu is a clown, but it was very obvious from the beginning.

Last edited:

Kamil Wachnik

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi Guys,
I use Dr Pen M7 once every two weeks with 1 mm depth. How often I should change needle catridge?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
you should use a new sterilized one every time, but you can also try sterilize yourself with alcohol

but the needles after 2 uses are very damaged (I checked with microscope). I wouldnt use a 3rd time.
I didnt think about this or forgot about it but I checked my derma stamp and a few needles werent straight slightly crooked. Hope I didnt cause scarring....didnt use it many Times thankfully.

sdaak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still surprised that there're not many needling devices with a product injector included.
One of the few treatments that had an effect on me was mesotherapy, which is basically micro-needling but also inject small volume of serum into the skin as well. This was done using a U225 gun and i did use the revitacare/haircare serum with it, albeit you are free to tell the doctor whatever you want injected, apparently some LLLT after doing so helps too.

This doesn't look like it would be too much engineering to do as part of a more advanced Dermapen.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You should thank Cotsarelis skin disruption modalities. Without his work the last effective treatment discovered (aside the big 3 or other dangerous AAs) wouldnt exist.

Brotzu is a clown, but it was very obvious from the beginning.

"US $2 million would bring out a product that would be more effective than Minoxidil and Propecia but would not give a bald person a full head of hair. US $20 million will provide the kind of funding necessary to give someone who is already bald a full head of hair but it will take more years to accomplish." This was Cotsarelis in 2014. They got a massive funding, probably more than 20 million, and their 'cure' is not even in early phase 1.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, im dissappointed at Follica too. Its way too easy to cite someone 10 later saying they were wrong.

Im still grateful to Cotsarelis for his studies on wounding and wnt induced hair regrowth.

While not a cure, minoxidil + skin disruption is all cots.