Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

Satchel

My Regimen
Reaction score
but how do you know it's actually 8000rpm, that would require the motor to make 150 stabs per second. I don't think there are any dermapen motors that fast.
If you believe their specifications, the Dr. Pen dermapens appear to range from 8000 - 18000 rpm. For what it's worth, the first session I did with ~0.8mm dermapen caused my scalp to be red for a day longer than hard 1.5mm deramrolling. I did not bleed with the dermapen (I did a lot with dermaroller) but it appears it really did 'wound' more if I gauge that with the redness. I also appear to be peeling like a sunburn three days post needling.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't access the paper and was wondering which way they used to block pgd2 in vitro?

Losingitsince14

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started needling last week with the A6 at 1mm on the slowest speed to try to replicate the procedure as best as possible. Should I do it once every 2 weeks or every week? I know that the Follica procedure suggests once every two weeks for best results, but most of the anecdotes and previous small studies seem to have results with once every week. Just want some opinions, thanks.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started needling last week with the A6 at 1mm on the slowest speed to try to replicate the procedure as best as possible. Should I do it once every 2 weeks or every week? I know that the Follica procedure suggests once every two weeks for best results, but most of the anecdotes and previous small studies seem to have results with once every week. Just want some opinions, thanks.

Try everyday and please report progress. Lol

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Setipiprant, Ramatroban, AM211, indole acetic acid derivative, phenyl acetic acid derivative, tetrahyrdroquinoline derivative.

Of those I believe ramatroban is the strongest dp2 antagonist. They don't mention TM30089, but it is the strongest, virtually eliminating PGD2 action. OC000459 is another good one with a positive safety profile. These drugs can be helpful, but PGD2 is downstream of DHT so the effect is less if you're already on a 5-ARI or AA.

I guess if I am on CPA + 5AR.then pgd2 suppression is the 3rd level downstream

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would start with once every 2 weeks.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To those who started this protocol a while ago, what is your initial feedback?
@HAIRGOAT @barfacan @ComeBackTemples @kiwi666 @hrplz @Guts @pegasus2 @Xander94 @baldlygoing @Photon
Gained nothing in the hair line but my center parting i wasn't even worried about seems to of filled in i stopped ruffling/styling my hair as its set to comb over by default no idea weather that wishful thinking or not . so i seem to have more hair overall just not where i was hoping also seem to have darker roots now than i use too could all be in my mind tho.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
just tried the m8 found out why it was so cheap i have corded version set it to 8000rpm felt nothing so set it to fastest setting did session now my head hurts like the first time i done this lol IT Buuuuuurns

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL How long did you do it for? I'm about to do probably my last session for a while.
15MINS was extra careful iodine and alcohol as not in a situation where i can get medical help at moment its way less painful than d2 it was like i was electric shaving so got carried away then burning kicked it. due to lack of noise you can hear your flesh tho lol

platelets

My Regimen
Reaction score
just tried the m8 found out why it was so cheap i have corded version set it to 8000rpm felt nothing so set it to fastest setting did session now my head hurts like the first time i done this lol IT Buuuuuurns

did you get the unofficial version of the m8? I looked on ebay and the m8 only cost $60 and I'm suspicious about the legitimacy of the product.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
@HAIRGOAT @barfacan @ComeBackTemples @kiwi666 @hrplz @Guts @pegasus2 @Xander94 @baldlygoing @Photon

Don’t forget this was only posted on 26th Jan. Today is 25th March.

The protocol says do it every two weeks.

At best nobody here has done this more than 4 times?!? that’s not long.

I can’t remember how long these studies were.

Myself, I’ve done it three times. I actually think it’s helping my hairline.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you get the unofficial version of the m8? I looked on ebay and the m8 only cost $60 and I'm suspicious about the legitimacy of the product.
£39 ebay lol seems legit to me was corded non wireless version tho guy who got this to work best used a generic cheap pen

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first time I did it I got really bad dandruff/skin flaking, but I’ve gotten a better shampoo for that so it’s not so bad anymore. I’m noticing I shed a bit more often, but I’ve also noticed quite a few vellus hairs which have made my hairline look better; though a lot of the stronger hairs in my scalp seem a bit more frail as of late. Could be they're about to shed and get replaced, or are just in shock from the aggressive needling. My scalp hasn’t been visible though so that’s cool. I’ve only done this for about 1.5 months and hair grows in 3 month cycles so can’t expect much to happen so soon.