Follica Microneedling Protocol Patent Disclosed

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not supposed to apply pressure, you are supposed to glide it over your scalp. If the cartridge is just touching your scalp then it will go in precisely at the setting. If you are applying too much pressure or not enough you will see that with the top arrow on the D2.

Why do you think there needs to be redness 24 hours later?

I read the manual, I know how it's supposed to be used, circular movement. The manual said something about applying a bit of pressure. Why do I think there needs to be redness 24 hours later? Because from what I've read other people using Dermaroller2, they have to hide the redness and wear hats for several DAYS. Whereas my redness only last for a couple of hours. (Also many people have said they see some blood, which I find really hard to believe unless they use a deeper setting than 1mm.)

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No,
If the arrows on the display align then you are going to the correct depth. If you're using a 12 needle cartridge and needling for 15-30 minutes then I don't know what to tell you. If you are then I find it hard to believe the redness is gone after a couple hours unless you are talking beet red. I heal very quickly, and I still have significant, though much relieved, redness 12 hours later using a d2 on fast, for 30 minutes at 1mm. I don't get much blood. I can see a few pin point spots when I take a picture of my crown afterwards, but nothing on the needles.

12-needle cart, 10cmx10cm, with the fastest setting. After 30 seconds the timer told me I'm done. Maybe the timer isn't meant for use with hair.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
No,

12-needle cart, 10cmx10cm, with the fastest setting. After 30 seconds the timer told me I'm done. Maybe the timer isn't meant for use with hair.

No, it's not. The timer is set for optimal density to aid in collagen regeneration. You have to wound much more densely for hair, between 1400-1800 needle strikes/cm². So around 9 minutes for a 10x10 area which would be a very tiny head.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 0.8 for 30 minutes with a dr pen, 12 needles. No blood like I got from 1.5 to 2 in past. Definitely feels like a sunburn and very red. I have til Monday to heal.. that's when I'm reapplying my dermmatch. I'll do this every 2 weeks.

My hair does feel super healthy after tbh. My hairline stands up much better.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used 0.8 for 30 minutes with a dr pen, 12 needles. No blood like I got from 1.5 to 2 in past. Definitely feels like a sunburn and very red. I have til Monday to heal.. that's when I'm reapplying my dermmatch. I'll do this every 2 weeks.

My hair does feel super healthy after tbh. My hairline stands up much better.
I’ve been doing 1.0mm passes 8-10 times per 1-2 inches horizontally then vertically at the fastest speed on my Dr.Pen N2. Can definitely agree my scalp feels looser and hair feels a bit more healthy after a couple days of healing, right after needling it tends to look a bit flat though.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 35 minutes in hell today. My scalp is on fire right now. I wonder just how much more effective biweekly is versus monthly. I would love to only do this once a month.

The first 24 hours it felt pretty brutal. Friday it stung all day. Saturday didn't feel much better but theh I used lotion mixed with sandalore. Today it is only slightly sore to the touch, I think the lotion helped calm it down.

If this works then biweekly would be worth it. I was getting decent results with 1.5 to 2mm weekly but had to stop due to work schedule. Doing this biweekly feels much more doable.

Side note: been monitoring my supplements latelyb taking some things out to see the impact. A small dose of iron seems to be the most beneficial supplement I'm taking.
Going from 10mg minoxidil 1x a day to 5mg 2x a day was the next biggest improvement. Switching to 2.5mg 4x a day soon.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did 35 minutes in hell today. My scalp is on fire right now. I wonder just how much more effective biweekly is versus monthly. I would love to only do this once a month.
I know that Follica must have some hot sh*t device...... but they are talking about this being a 5 minute procedure. We are doing our best to emulate their method and it takes much longer. I wonder what the difference is?

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know that Follica must have some hot sh*t device...... but they are talking about this being a 5 minute procedure. We are doing our best to emulate their method and it takes much longer. I wonder what the difference is?

Honestly, I could probably do it in 10 minutes, maybe 5 if I rushed. I did 30 because I wanted to make sure I hit every area really well.

Knowing that they are saying 5 minutes, I'll likely spend less time when I do it next.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of us are using the derminator 2. It's the highest quality device on the consumer market, but it only operates at 25hz whereas Follica's device operates at 120hz. That's why we have to spend so much longer than 5 minutes on it. There are other devices on the market that operate at 120hz, but you may not get as clean and consistent of needle strikes as what we want. If you don't already have a derminator then go ahead and get one of those pens like the dermapen A7 and you can spend less time on it. I would still suggest doing ten minutes though just because the Chinese pens likely operate at a lower frequency than what they claim, and doing it yourself it's better to go a little longer to make sure you cover your entire scalp thoroughly.
I have the D2. Love it. But yeah, you’re right. The the MHz on their device must be difference maker.

alebaba

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil and finasteride for about 5 months now and did micro needling for about 2 months but I wasn't consistent enough..I have a derminator 2 and I usually do 1.5 once per week, my scalp would be red for about 2 days. I'm thinking about doing 1mm once 2 weeks after reading follica patent....

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else experiencing a lot of dry flakes and dandruff? Im on Minoxidil and Finasteride, been using a generic head and shoulders shampoo with P-Zinc. Lots of hairs shedding, massive flakes on my head as well. Hair feels very thin.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else experiencing a lot of dry flakes and dandruff? Im on Minoxidil and Finasteride, been using a generic head and shoulders shampoo with P-Zinc. Lots of hairs shedding, massive flakes on my head as well. Hair feels very thin.

Using same shampoo and finasteride, but oral minoxidil rather than topical. No shed or dandruff. I do also use a conditioner. I did have a dandruff issue prior to using head and shoulders. I wash my hair every 3 days since overwashing is terrible for it.

Guts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using same shampoo and finasteride, but oral minoxidil rather than topical. No shed or dandruff. I do also use a conditioner. I did have a dandruff issue prior to using head and shoulders. I wash my hair every 3 days since overwashing is terrible for it.
Mines a shampoo+conditioner. It usually thickens my hair up quite a bit, but not this time.... hoping it’s just a shed before improvement.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my 3rd session I needled with the d2 for 33 minutes and it barely hurt at all i don't fell anywhere near as bad after either as last two times i had washed my hair with hot water prior and had damp hair where as normally needle dry/iodine plus used brand new needle head .
so needles were going in me for at least 30mins non stop so i should have at least 540000 wounds yet i fell like im slacking

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my 3rd session I needled with the d2 for 33 minutes and it barely hurt at all i don't fell anywhere near as bad after either as last two times i had washed my hair with hot water prior and had damp hair where as normally needle dry/iodine plus used brand new needle head .
so needles were going in me for at least 30mins non stop so i should have at least 540000 wounds yet i fell like im slacking
That’s the spirit!!! No pain no gain!!!!

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on Oral Min too. I’m on 1.25mg and I’m coming up to three months.

My hair isn’t coming back so much as just being stable.

No side effect though!!!

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to the gym because i felt fine no scalp pain but my hearing went muffled felt faint went pale been, bathing in min /magic potions for over a decade first time i had a side if it was one could just be that im a 300lbs.
still weirded out by how pain free i am

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Went to the gym because i felt fine no scalp pain but my hearing went muffled felt faint went pale been, bathing in min /magic potions for over a decade first time i had a side if it was one could just be that im a 300lbs.
still weirded out by how pain free i am

That seems quite a lot. I’m 80kgs and have no sides on 1.25mg oral minoxidil.

Well actually, I’m not sure if it was the oral minoxidil or coincidence but around the time I started I would wake up with pins and needles in my arms - but that always happens for me when I sleep on my arms.

So I don’t know if I was over thinking it, the frequency increased or it was real... in any case it’s passed.

HAIRGOAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That seems quite a lot. I’m 80kgs and have no sides on 1.25mg oral minoxidil.

Well actually, I’m not sure if it was the oral minoxidil or coincidence but around the time I started I would wake up with pins and needles in my arms - but that always happens for me when I sleep on my arms.

So I don’t know if I was over thinking it, the frequency increased or it was real... in any case it’s passed.

Thats the thing about sides you think about every flutter every twitch then your heart rate goes up because your thinking about it lol