Follica Delays Due To -planned Obsolescence- | HairLossTalk Forums

Follica Delays Due To -planned Obsolescence-

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Palex, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Palex

Palex New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I just looked at the follica website and it looks like their turning their treatment into a daily regimen ffs. I bet they could have already perfected and released a one time use effective treatment/cure but they are trying to make it a life long daily regimen like the big 3. Disgusting.

even looks like it has an app for your smartphone fml. We cant win guys. Wasnt follica supposed to be a one time deal. you go in, get wounded they apply secret cocktail and done, this everyday treatment will be a joke.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is the same reason histogen has been taking so long. I would pay twice as much money for a one time effective treatment INSTEAD of a life long regimen i have to do every phuking day.

Hopefully earth gets hit by a comet tonight and this just ends.

Trax1, Blackber, mpanju and 1 other person dislike this.
  2. barfacan

barfacan Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    stop this bullshit. just stop

3. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't think Follica was ever one and done. Are you sure you aren't confusing Follica and Replicel?

Follica was always a regimen style treatment; it is supposed to be amped up microneedling to create conditions for Wound-Induced Hair follicle Neogenesis (WIHN). In other words, Follica aims to increase hair density as a means to combat hair loss.

On the other hand, Replicel's treatment aims to inject cultivated cells from your donor regions to your balding regions to rejuvenate miniaturizing follicles, confer the androgen immunity of the donor region, and as a minority effect, perhaps induce follicle neogenesis. So concisely, Replicel is trying for a one-and-done halting of male pattern baldness.

Tsuji is aiming to develop the full cure - multiplication of the hair follicles from the donor region combined with subsequent transplantation. That too shall be a one time, albeit a rather involved and likely expensive, procedure, but the method promises to deliver a complete, customizable restoration.

Janks16, Pavi, occulus and 3 others like this.
  4. Palex

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I will still obviously be happy if follica ever comes out. just pisses me off it looks like this is the business model they are going for. d3nt3dsh0v3I

@ d3nt3dsh0v3I Thanks for the info. I never though follica was geared towards a daily routine. wasnt it supposed to be like you go back yearly?

5. Rolandconil

Rolandconil Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm 6 months old on this forum. But I still do not understand why Follica is being developed for 20 years. They just created 2 devices. One for the wound, the other for massage and medication (minoxidil and other known medicines).

6. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What business model anyone wants doesn't matter; what business model works is all that matters.

Despite being used to it by now on these forums, it still gets me that people bitch about maybe having to do something daily...when it would mean they get to keep their hair. Fuck, I brush my teeth everyday. Ugh, such a shit business model Crest came up with, am I right?

Second, there was never any mention, ever, at any point in this company's history, of it being a one-and-done solution.

We don't know what compounds they're using. Minoxidil is certainly going to be one, but we know there will be at least two. It is also known that they have tested multiple things over the years.

Secondly, it's taken 12 (not twenty) years to develop because...

are ya ready?

are ya clenched?

It actually takes a long-ass time for any medical procedure or drug to secure the necessary funding for trials and research to bring it to market.

People really need to stop acting like there is anything that isn't par for the course in its development time here — plenty of things actually take a lot longer than Follica has.

7. RoyMunsonned

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ugh, fuck this then. The daily hassle is why I haven't even bothered with minoxidil. Looks like the contenders are Tsuji and Replicel/Shiseido now as far as I'm concerned, and I have little expectation for the latter.

8. hanginginthewire

hanginginthewire Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Lol a daily procedure that probably isn’t more than a 10 minute process isn’t much of a “hassle,” guys. If it gave me a cosmetically acceptable head of hair I can honestly say I would easily sacrifice an up to an hour every morning for it. Come on!

RegenWaiting, Naja, mpanju and 6 others like this.
  9. Timii

Timii Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    lmao

10. Timii

Timii Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't think we are in the position to be picky

11. Trouse

Trouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Was literally never designed/ marketed as a “one and done” treatment.

Arrade, RegenWaiting, mpanju and 2 others like this.
  12. HairCook

HairCook Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well, you complain in other threads about lack of research.

Then you get a talented and determined person like cotsarelis and complain that he wants to make money.

And then there are ppl getting despaired about an old italian grandpa and his herbal lotion.

HairLossTalk.com in a nutshell :D

That Guy likes this.
  13. occulus

occulus Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Change the title of this thread - it’s misleading and probably driving people to suicide.

14. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The issue is that an alarming number of people here don't actually care about their hair as much as they care about complaining about not having any.

Really doesn't help our cause.

Blackber likes this.
  15. Johnt1997

Johnt1997 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can't believe people are moaning about having to apply a topical daily. I would happily do this every day for the rest of my life if it meant a guaranteed nw1, I already do this with minoxidil for God sake.

People who cannot be bothered to make a small effort like this are a joke.

16. mpanju

mpanju New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Kinda astonishing that Follica's website has been up for a while and no one seemingly noticed the part of the site that describes the In home treatment that clearly says...(emphasis mine)

Our at-home treatment system is being designed to better deliver a range of compounds directly to the scalp and fit seamlessly into a daily routine.

¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Arrade and Blackber like this.
  17. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What a shitty, off-topic, misleading thread this has become.

The basic premise of the thread, according to the title, is just wrong.
    OP was just wrong about Follica's treatment plan; confused guy, needs to lurk more. Check yoself before you wreck yoself, etc.
    I'm sure OP didn't anticipate this but man, what a shitty, clickbait title that is... type of cancerous trash that will keep sucking people into the shitstorm. I'm talking tabloid level.

Sorry OP, but this thread is just terrible. Much worse than you could have anticipated, even.

Time to abandon thread. Pls delete.
    ZgwIASL.gif

mpanju and Blackber like this.
  18. stachu

stachu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

AHAHAHAHASHAHASHN!!!!!!

19. Palex

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    SORRY GUYS AND GIRLS.

It was late last night when I checked follicas site and I did not mean to upset anyone.

I stand by my assessment however that it seriously looks like this treatment is being designed to keep all of us dependent customers. Planned obsolescence is very real and it is everywhere. We are just so desperate on this site , myself included so we will obviously take anything we can get.

I wont go into the problem with this any further. I never should have started this thread.

20. Tano1

Tano1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What everyone should be worried about is if the hairs are terminal or not. If people have to commit to a daily regimen for a bunch of vellus hairs that still make you look like you bathed in radioactive waste, then you guys should volunteer for that trip to mars with Elon lol.

Afro_Vacancy and Timii like this.