Follica Delays Due To -planned Obsolescence-

Palex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked at the follica website and it looks like their turning their treatment into a daily regimen ffs. I bet they could have already perfected and released a one time use effective treatment/cure but they are trying to make it a life long daily regimen like the big 3. Disgusting.

even looks like it has an app for your smartphone fml. We cant win guys. Wasnt follica supposed to be a one time deal. you go in, get wounded they apply secret cocktail and done, this everyday treatment will be a joke.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is the same reason histogen has been taking so long. I would pay twice as much money for a one time effective treatment INSTEAD of a life long regimen i have to do every phuking day.

Hopefully earth gets hit by a comet tonight and this just ends.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked at the follica website and it looks like their turning their treatment into a daily regimen ffs. I bet they could have already perfected and released a one time use effective treatment/cure but they are trying to make it a life long daily regimen like the big 3. Disgusting.

even looks like it has an app for your smartphone fml. We cant win guys. Wasnt follica supposed to be a one time deal. you go in, get wounded they apply secret cocktail and done, this everyday treatment will be a joke.

I wouldnt be surprised if this is the same reason histogen has been taking so long. I would pay twice as much money for a one time effective treatment INSTEAD of a life long regimen i have to do every phuking day.

I don't think Follica was ever one and done. Are you sure you aren't confusing Follica and Replicel?

Follica was always a regimen style treatment; it is supposed to be amped up microneedling to create conditions for Wound-Induced Hair follicle Neogenesis (WIHN). In other words, Follica aims to increase hair density as a means to combat hair loss.

On the other hand, Replicel's treatment aims to inject cultivated cells from your donor regions to your balding regions to rejuvenate miniaturizing follicles, confer the androgen immunity of the donor region, and as a minority effect, perhaps induce follicle neogenesis. So concisely, Replicel is trying for a one-and-done halting of male pattern baldness.

Tsuji is aiming to develop the full cure - multiplication of the hair follicles from the donor region combined with subsequent transplantation. That too shall be a one time, albeit a rather involved and likely expensive, procedure, but the method promises to deliver a complete, customizable restoration.

Palex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will still obviously be happy if follica ever comes out. just pisses me off it looks like this is the business model they are going for. d3nt3dsh0v3I

@ d3nt3dsh0v3I Thanks for the info. I never though follica was geared towards a daily routine. wasnt it supposed to be like you go back yearly?

Rolandconil

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 6 months old on this forum. But I still do not understand why Follica is being developed for 20 years. They just created 2 devices. One for the wound, the other for massage and medication (minoxidil and other known medicines).

In one aspect, the agent is an agent that promotes hair growth. For example, hair growth-promoting agents for use, alone or in combination, in accordance with this aspect include but are not limited to: agents affecting prostaglandins, such as Prostaglandin F2a analogs, e.g. latanoprost (trade name Xalatan), travoprost (trade name Travatan), tafluprost, unoprostone, dinoprost (trade name Prostin F2 Alpha), AS604872, BOL303259X, PF3187207, carboprost (trade name Hemabate); Prostamides, e.g., bimatoprost (trade names Latisse, Lumigan);

Prostanoid receptor agonists, e.g. fluprostenol; Prostaglandin D2 receptor antagonists, e.g.

laropiprant, AM211; Prostglandin E2 analogs, e.g. sulprostone; and EP 2 receptor agonists, e.g. butaprost; 5a-reductase inhibitors, such as, e.g., finasteride, dutasteride, turosteride, bexlosteride, izonsteride, epristeride, epigallocatechin, Fluridil (Sovak et al, Dermatol Surg. 2002;28(8):678- 685), RU 58841 (Pan et al. Endocrine. 1998;9(l):39-43), N,N-diethyl-4-methyl-3-oxo-4-aza-5 alpha-androstane-17 beta-carboxamide (Rittmaster et al., J Clin Endocrinol Metab.

1987;65(1): 188-193), MK-386, azelaic acid, FCE 28260, SKF 105,111; Minoxidil; ATP- sensitive potassium channel openers, e.g. diazoxide; and the hair growth-promoting agents described herein or otherwise known in the art, such as, e.g., kopexil (for example, the product Keranique™), CaC12, botilinum toxin A, adenosine, ketoconazole, DoxoRx, Docetaxel, FK506, GP11046, GP11511, LGD 1331, ICX-TRC, MTS-01, EOSH101, HYG-102440, HYG-410, HYG-420, HYG-430, HYG-440, spironolactone, CB-03-01, RK-023, Abatacept, Viviscal®, MorrF, ASC-J9, P-619, AS101, Metron-F-1, PSK 3841, Targretin (e.g., 1% gel), MedinGel, PF3187207, BOL303259X, AS604872, THG11331, PF-277343, PF-3004459, Raptiva, caffeine, and coffee. Other hair-growth promoting agents include arginine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan, valine, gamma linoleic acid and polyphenol catechins, copper peptides. Other hair-growth promoting agents that can be formulated as a hair wash tonic could include but are not limited to, jojoba oil, extract of apple, saw palmetto, emu oil, beta carotene and green tea. In another aspect, the applicators may also be used in combination with drugs for alopecia being developed by SWITCH Biotech LLC. In addition, other agents include compounds identified by the following company and company ID, Actelion ACT- 129968 (setipiprant), Actimis AP768, Amira AM211, Amira AM461, Amgen AMG853, Array BiPharma ARRY-502, AstraZeneca AZD1981, AstraZeneca AZD8075, AstraZeneca AZD5985, Merck MK-7246, Novartis QAV680, Oxagen OC000459, Ocagen OC002417, Pulmagen

ADC3680B, Shionogi S-555739, BBI-5000, SM04554, and KYTH105 (setipiprant). Further, additional agents include proteasome inhibitor such as lactacystin, a peptidyl aldehyde, or pentoxyfilline (PTX).

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will still obviously be happy if follica ever comes out. just pisses me off it looks like this is the business model they are going for. d3nt3dsh0v3I

@ d3nt3dsh0v3I Thanks for the info. I never though follica was geared towards a daily routine. wasnt it supposed to be like you go back yearly?

What business model anyone wants doesn't matter; what business model works is all that matters.

Despite being used to it by now on these forums, it still gets me that people b**ch about maybe having to do something daily...when it would mean they get to keep their hair. f***, I brush my teeth everyday. Ugh, such a sh*t business model Crest came up with, am I right?

Second, there was never any mention, ever, at any point in this company's history, of it being a one-and-done solution.

I'm 6 months old on this forum. But I still do not understand why Follica is being developed for 20 years. They just created 2 devices. One for the wound, the other for massage and medication (minoxidil and other known medicines).

We don't know what compounds they're using. Minoxidil is certainly going to be one, but we know there will be at least two. It is also known that they have tested multiple things over the years.

Secondly, it's taken 12 (not twenty) years to develop because...

are ya ready?

are ya clenched?

It actually takes a long-*** time for any medical procedure or drug to secure the necessary funding for trials and research to bring it to market.

People really need to stop acting like there is anything that isn't par for the course in its development time here — plenty of things actually take a lot longer than Follica has.

RoyMunsonned

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh, f*** this then. The daily hassle is why I haven't even bothered with minoxidil. Looks like the contenders are Tsuji and Replicel/Shiseido now as far as I'm concerned, and I have little expectation for the latter.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Lol a daily procedure that probably isn’t more than a 10 minute process isn’t much of a “hassle,” guys. If it gave me a cosmetically acceptable head of hair I can honestly say I would easily sacrifice an up to an hour every morning for it. Come on!

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you complain in other threads about lack of research.

Then you get a talented and determined person like cotsarelis and complain that he wants to make money.

And then there are ppl getting despaired about an old italian grandpa and his herbal lotion.

HairLossTalk.com in a nutshell :D

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol a daily procedure that probably isn’t more than a 10 minute process isn’t much of a “hassle,” guys. If it gave me a cosmetically acceptable head of hair I can honestly say I would easily sacrifice an up to an hour every morning for it. Come on!

The issue is that an alarming number of people here don't actually care about their hair as much as they care about complaining about not having any.

Really doesn't help our cause.

mpanju

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kinda astonishing that Follica's website has been up for a while and no one seemingly noticed the part of the site that describes the In home treatment that clearly says...(emphasis mine)

Our at-home treatment system is being designed to better deliver a range of compounds directly to the scalp and fit seamlessly into a daily routine.

¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a shitty, off-topic, misleading thread this has become.

The basic premise of the thread, according to the title, is just wrong.
OP was just wrong about Follica's treatment plan; confused guy, needs to lurk more. Check yoself before you wreck yoself, etc.
I'm sure OP didn't anticipate this but man, what a shitty, clickbait title that is... type of cancerous trash that will keep sucking people into the shitstorm. I'm talking tabloid level.

Sorry OP, but this thread is just terrible. Much worse than you could have anticipated, even.

Time to abandon thread. Pls delete.
ZgwIASL.gif

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked at the follica website and blablabla..........[...]

AHAHAHAHASHAHASHN!!!!!!

Palex

My Regimen
Reaction score
SORRY GUYS AND GIRLS.

It was late last night when I checked follicas site and I did not mean to upset anyone.

I stand by my assessment however that it seriously looks like this treatment is being designed to keep all of us dependent customers. Planned obsolescence is very real and it is everywhere. We are just so desperate on this site , myself included so we will obviously take anything we can get.

I wont go into the problem with this any further. I never should have started this thread.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What everyone should be worried about is if the hairs are terminal or not. If people have to commit to a daily regimen for a bunch of vellus hairs that still make you look like you bathed in radioactive waste, then you guys should volunteer for that trip to mars with Elon lol.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on these boards have a funny way of forgetting that new baldness sufferers are being born by the thousands every single day. A daily maintenance setup is a perk for a HM company but it is not required just to keep the money rolling in year after year.

If there was a decent practical way to make their procedure a one-and-done, and Follica didn't do it, then somebody else would do it and take their business. They are using existing drugs and methods. It's impossible to file enough patents to keep everyone else out of something once they are public with it. Their hope for keeping a handle on the business they unleash is to offer the most practical/rewarding setup they can.