Follica Annual Reports And Accounts April 2017

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
According to Puretech's Annual Reports and Accounts for 2017, some interesting tid bits of information were revealed. First off the picture of the devices in question are shown completely for the first time (to my knowledge).

upload_2017-4-12_18-28-5.png

The second thing that I thought was interesting was the following quote: "One of these studies demonstrated that skin disruption alone was safe and generates new follicles as well as new hair, but did not achieve its primary endpoint as the chosen investigational compound (lithium gluconate 8% gel) did not further enhance the effect. Other data with other compounds inform Follica’s current treatment regimen." Thats compounds with an s, meaning plural. So maybe minoxidil is apart of the procedure, but it is def not gonna be the only one if it is the case.

The third and final thing that caught my eye was: "Follica is currently progressing the development of its proprietary treatment into a pre-pivotal pilot optimization study with a pivotal trial expected to begin in the second half of 2017." I am a little confused by this statement. Are they currently going through an optimization study, or will they? If they are not currently going through one I guess it will be relatively short considering 2nd half of 2017 is not that far away.

This isn't new news, but they do claim 3-4x the effect of currently available medicine again. I am very excited.

upload_2017-4-12_18-34-6.png

All the information was found at http://puretechhealth.com/images/investors/4260_Puretech_ARA_Spreads.pdf.

This information is update and if you guys want to look through with a more fine tooth comb, please feel free to do so, thank you.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
More positive news and people will still find something to complain about. GREAT find man

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Follica has also performed and funded preclinical work which, together with research from the University of Pennsylvania, serve as the foundational observations on which the technology is based."

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2007/may/first-demonstration-of-new-hai

"By introducing more wnt proteins to the wound, the researchers found that they could take advantage of the embryonic genes to promote hair-follicle growth, thus making skin regenerate instead of just repair."

Wnt pathway agonists. Likely some ectopic FGF# and or more. Not just minoxidil. Good find @Xaser94

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like dermatologists and surgeons will be able to do this.
This is much better than only plastic surgeons because I am unsure the latter would promote this over hair transplants.

Follica is developing a proprietary in-of ce procedure for dermatologists and plastic surgeons to 1) generate an embryonic window via skin disruption in adults, creating new follicles from epithelial stem cells, and 2) enhance the effect of its technique through the application of speci c compounds

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First off thanks for the find xasers94.
ok I don't want to be the dickhead that automatically shits on a good thing, but does anyone know what 3-4x growth of existing methods means? Are they talking about minoxidil only or are they trying to include finasteride and dutasteride?
finasteride and dutasteride help stop loss and may give very small gains. minoxidil is pretty useless for most of us I believe.

So really 3-4x min results would be zilch, because from min along I have gained a grand total of NOTHING,NADA, JACK SHEEEIT.

I want them to say "don't worry champpy, all your dope *** hair will return, yo, all of it."
Sadly I don't think this is going to be a possibility

So f*** it , ill take 4x my nothing and be happy with :)

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats super interesting @Noisette :) Maybe its Follica's overseas trial? Either way I think 3 sets of histogen injection plus follica may bring ppl from norwood 3 to 4 territory back to 1-2. Enough to style your hair how you want atleast. Im just waiting for Follica to release result pictures, and for Histogen and Follica to begin phase 3. Maybe @Admin can get in touch with Histogen again for an update on Mexico. Either way Id love for us to be able to get new hair sometime in 2018. We've waited too long.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice find. Remember though. They clearly state: "disruption + drug projected ~3-4x effect of currently available drug therapies."

Remember this?

"A separate clinical study, published by third-party academics, indicated that the combination of skin disruption and an approved hair-growth compound, Minoxidil, showed a 4x enhancement versus the efficacy of the compound alone"

1570k0x.jpg

It's referring to the R. Dhurat study. Just look at the numbers in the table above. Correlates perfectly. I still believe it's minoxidil. But we'll find out soon anyway.

Last edited:

Saleen

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Swoop Minoxidil may very well be part of the mix. In fact it would be a bit unwise not to include minoxidil as part of their compounds as it has been proven to have a beneficial effect on hair and does not induce significant side effects.
However, pictures on their website on the application schedules clearly indicate two types of compounds at least. So for sure there is something else than minoxidil. Puretech also continuously states "compoundS" when they refer to the application of products.

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 9.31.08 AM.png

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if it is a more sophisticated, safe/sane and more effective manner to do wounding aka derma rolling without risk of infection to deliver minoxidil and possibly another compound more effectively--this is still good no? people seem to have good effects with derma rolling and minoxidil..if they can improve on this technique--is that bad thing?

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica has taken forever with what they have accomplished so far. There is no reason to believe that this last trial will be a fast one...

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Let it go, dude - it's more than just minoxidil.

Bet me? Escrow with Paypal? I'll give you even enhanced odds. Should be +EV for you if you are so sure. Easy choice for a financial mastermind like you right. PM me and we work this out.

Looks very similar, and it's in China. Probably another example of the Chinese trying to steal someone's IP. They're looking at Follica's work and trying to figure it out so they can sell it in China outside the Follica patent. Typical.

Japan has been doing fractional laser therapy with growth factors on people with hair loss for many years already.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9jmrSmOrrWwMW5FZEpvV19IWWM/view

Perhaps Follica should sue those physicians in Japan now? LOL!

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Bet me? Escrow with Paypal? I'll give you even enhanced odds. Should be +EV for you if you are so sure. Easy choice for a financial mastermind like you right. PM me and we work this out.

Japan has been doing fractional laser therapy with growth factors on people with hair loss for many years already.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9jmrSmOrrWwMW5FZEpvV19IWWM/view

Perhaps Follica should sue those physicians in Japan now? LOL!

Do you think derma rolling is as effective at generating the necessary cells to regrow hair as for example dermabrasion? The reason I ask is many many people participated in the derma rolling community trial and maybe of the probably 100+ involved maybe 5 saw results like the dhurat study showed. They must have a more focused and scientific way of disrupting the skin to provoke the cells to re generate hair with the help of minoxidil, and other molecules I would suspect. I wonder if derma rolling to skin disruption the way follica is doing it is similar to comparing a pedal bike to a Ferrari.

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its obvious swoop has some kind of personal beef with follica. The team somehow hurted his inflated internet ego.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if it is a more sophisticated, safe/sane and more effective manner to do wounding aka derma rolling without risk of infection to deliver minoxidil and possibly another compound more effectively--this is still good no? people seem to have good effects with derma rolling and minoxidil..if they can improve on this technique--is that bad thing?

If this is a slight upgrade from derma rolling plus minoxidil then yes it is a bad thing. Again maybe 5 of the over 100 participants in the community derma rolling trial saw noticeable results from derma rolling. Some THOUGHT it may be helping so they continued... the reason the thread was locked was that those who did see benefits were goring themselves so badly that the admin didn't want others to do it without supervision from a doctor.

Ikkaku

Established Member
Reaction score
There will be minoxidil for sure but not only.
Maybe Lcl, or something like Samumed who works in wnt patern.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If this is a slight upgrade from derma rolling plus minoxidil then yes it is a bad thing. Again maybe 5 of the over 100 participants in the community derma rolling trial saw noticeable results from derma rolling. Some THOUGHT it may be helping so they continued... the reason the thread was locked was that those who did see benefits were goring themselves so badly that the admin didn't want others to do it without supervision from a doctor.

I really should have said 'wounding' not derma rolling.
whatever they are going to do in Dr setting is going to be much more invasive then anything people could do at home...I don't know if this is going to also include 'home-wounding' with this specific instrument or not. (the second one).

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apparently wounding induces production of FGF resulting in a cascade effect for HF neogenesis. From the 2013 article in Nature:

The wounded dermis causes the recruitment of γδ T cells to the site of injury [a]. The T cells produce fibroblast growth factor 9 (Fgf9; Gaf) , which binds to keratinocyte growth factor receptor (Kgfr; Fgfr2; Cd332) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 (Fgfr3; Cd333) [c]. This leads to the activation of Fgfr2 and Fgfr3 and production and activation of wingless-type MMTV integration site family member 2a (Wnt2; Wnt2a) [d]. The protein stimulates the production of Fgf9 by some fibroblasts to initiate a feedback loop to generate more activated Wnt2a [e]. Wnt2a then activates a signaling pathway that causes fibroblast proliferation [f] and dermis cell-fate determination to promote development of new hair follicles [g].

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
No need to PM - lets do it out in the open. Here's the bet: Follica's final, commercially-available method will include more than just Minoxidil. It can include Minoxidil and I still win, as long as there is one or more additional chemicals. So, dermabrasion + Minoxidil + ? = I win. Dermabrasion + only Minoxodil = you win. Dermabrasion + only one other chemical that isn't minoxodil = it's a push. This is exclusive of any type of anesthesia, topical or otherwise.

What are the odds you're giving me?

Not Follica's final commercially available method. That's ridiculous. It's not even 100% sure they will be launching to market. And even if they launch I'm not going to put my money away for 2-3 years.

1:1.5

My $750 vs your $500 sounds like a good deal.

I'm talking about the upcoming trial. That's what this whole thing is about. The TCP technique doesn't matter either. It's about the drug used to enhance the TCP technique. I say the drug is going to be minoxidil solely in the upcoming trial and you say there will be an addition to this drug. Simple as that.

We work with a trusted escrow (3th party) who puts our money away and holds it. So no scam can occur.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh? Who said we're talking about the trial? YOU may be talking about the trial, I'm talking about their final method. Why would we be arguing over a trial?

Who cares about a trial? That's retarded - I care about what I'm actually going to be able to use. What I find odd is that, if you're so certain it's only minoxidil and needling, why aren't you willing to bet on their final protocol?

Because that's a nonsense bet. See let's assume that their pivotal trial in a few months will indeed be minoxidil + dermabrasion. Now they run the trial and the results are not as good as expected (for instance results would be way worse than the R. Dhurat study). Hence at that point they might initiate another trial in the future (years later even) with another compound or indeed a combination treatment.

If the data are favourable, Follica would potentially plan to seek FDA clearance in 2017, with commercial release to follow as soon as 2018.

On the other hand I don't see why you wouldn't take a bet on the trial itself as a good read out of the next trial will probably mean that the treatment will go into FDA clearance and ultimately launch itself as a commercial treatment?

I'm all up for this bet. But I'm not going to wager for something that long-term that could take many more years. I never even said I believe Follica will launch minoxidil + their TCP technique as a commercial treatment, I argued that they will be running their next trial with minoxidil solo and their TCP technique.

Last edited:

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post! Very interesting:) Too bad that it will most likely take 3+ years before Follica will release anything and alot of us will be severly bald by then:-|