Follica Announce Expected Fda Filing In 2020

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no reason to believe that Follica will be significantly better than the Dhurat wounding protocol. People get great results from wounding with a variety of devices, depths, and frequencies. I doubt they've found any magic protocol that is going to be superior to what we are all already doing.

are you wounding and using a compound to affect the healing into regenerate new follicles ?

If not, then you aren't already doing it.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's called minoxidil, the active ingredient in Follica's treatment.

Sure, that is why the research in other compounds. Because Minoxidil is the answer...

Have you even been following this thread or?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been around this forum a lot longer than you. The initial release is going to use already approved drugs, meaning minoxidil. They are testing new drugs that may or may not be released years later.

You been around much longer and showcase so little knowledge.

Why even boast about you been around so much longer when you keep on going with the minoxidil? There is an existence of MANY other compounds than minoxidil, yes they have said that their device works with many other compounds. But their reason to combine wounding and compounds is to affect the healing towards hair follicles.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You been around much longer and showcase so little knowledge.

Why even boast about you been around so much longer when you keep on going with the minoxidil? There is an existence of MANY other compounds than minoxidil, yes they have said that their device works with many other compounds. But their reason to combine wounding and compounds is to affect the healing towards hair follicles.

Don't be so naive. There are a million snake oils out there that have a hundred compounds plus minoxidil. Minoxidil is the active ingredient. There is nothing at all that can compete with minoxidil for stimulating hair growth, and if you'd done any research you would know that.

I'll wait for your regrowth pictures sans minoxidil.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be so naive. There are a million snake oils out there that have a hundred compounds plus minoxidil. Minoxidil is the active ingredient. There is nothing at all that can compete with minoxidil for stimulating hair growth, and if you'd done any research you would know that.

I'll wait for your regrowth pictures sans minoxidil.

sure, if you say its like that, then it is. You have been here for so much longer and have that deeper research knowledge and all, its so good that you already do what follica does! (stupid follica)

I mean with all of those super experts we have here, i still don't understand why you don't release a product and go for that billion dollar income, because you already do what other company CLEARLY waste billions on doing.

All they need to do, is go online here and hire you guys or make a business case with you, walk down to the bank and get that loan to get starting on the billion dollar business adventure

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sure, if you say its like that, then it is. You have been here for so much longer and have that deeper research knowledge and all, its so good that you already do what follica does! (stupid follica)

I mean with all of those super experts we have here, i still don't understand why you don't release a product and go for that billion dollar income, because you already do what other company CLEARLY waste billions on doing.

All they need to do, is go online here and hire you guys or make a business case with you, walk down to the bank and get that loan to get starting on the billion dollar business adventure

We even had people here, who explained us why treatment xy can't even work. To bad those companies spend a lot of money to hire sciencists, who studied exactly this topic for at least 5 years, without asking the guy from the internet-board, who watched a youtube-video.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We even had people here, who explained us why treatment xy can't even work. To bad those companies spend a lot of money to hire sciencists, who studied exactly this topic for at least 5 years, without asking the guy from the internet-board, who watched a youtube-video.

The youtube expert are the best, they are so good that those companies can't provide a good enough salary for those guys !

So they have to try and make ends meet with those shitty scientist that have no knowledge in their field.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny those people on the boards, some of them scientists by the way, turned out to be right. How's that brotzu lotion working for you?

Yeah, a treatment which didn't work, is the complete evidence, that an internet-board with some strangers is smarter, than those companies. Everybody who's an expert on a special topic and studied it for years knows those internet-sciencists.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it's called minoxidil, the active ingredient in Follica's treatment.
Fuuuuuudge, please dont say that if minoxidil is there main weapon you will see me on the news jumping off a bridge. I cant tolerate minoxidil it bloats my face and gives bad palpitations and insomnia.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol You do know that Follica's entire premise is based on the Dhurat study that everyone here is following? They even made him a part of their board.

The Dhurat study was done in 2013.

Follica was founded nearly 10 years before.

Follica's premise is based on knowledge of wounding's ability to create hair that has existed since the 60s. Although, back then, it was from burns — which would've been impossible to turn into a hairloss treatment.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dermatologists noticed that dermabrasion (not to be confused with microdermabrasion) can cause the skin to form all-new scalp follicles. It's been observed for decades.

People who have been doing any kind of needling on their hairline for a while, often have a few new hairs to show for it.

Burn victims have been known to get new scalp hair growth in a few instances.

A couple of cancer patients have gotten patches of regrowth while on cancer drugs, in places/patterns that might suggest sunburning was influencing it. (No, it's not that simple to reproduce it. It's been tried.)

Wounding the scalp. In the right circumstances it can spur regrowth of scalp hairs. As in, REAL long dark terminal hairs, not little vellus crap. Follica has spent over a decade researching how to increase this process and commercialize a treatment. We don't know how much success they've had yet. But they will probably help us sooner/better than any other researchers will.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica is privately funded by investors and has no stock price to think about.

They use existing drugs so their product could be copied if it becomes known.

They have no motive to drum up public interest yet. They have a greater motive to stay low-profile until the day their product hits the shelves. This is the opposite of most hair regrowth operations.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, people keep referring to burns. As far as I know there was just the one person who fell into a campfire who was on a banned arthritis medication. If anyone else has regrown hair from burns, please enlighten me.

I have.....regrown hair after a severe burn, on my forearm. I was when just before my teens and I had misused a extremely hot metal clothing iron and it scorched a rectangle 2’’X3-4”area on my forearm that lost many layers of skin, I did not go to the doctor as I just wrapped my arm in gauze and hadn’t told my parents, I was horrible and bloody and painful and took a year or more to heal and now a couple of decades later I cannot even see a scar and the hair has grown as normal as the surrounding hair on my arm.

When I first heard about Follica’s discovery years ago it reminded me of my bad burn wound and how the hair regrew back...I even considered emailing Dr C at his University to relay my experience, but hadn’t.