Foam give wrinkles just like liquid?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from people that have tried both liquid minoxidil and the foam. I am currently using Kirkland 5% a couple times a week and it without a doubt makes my forehead wrinkle up and bloat my face. I am wondering if the foam does the same? For your info, I don't let it drip on my forehead and I don't want to quit for fear of a massive shed.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tim, how long did it take for you to start to notice that minoxidil was giving you these sides? within the first month or so?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Dogs, how are you buddy?
To answer your question I don't think I noticed wrinkles right away. I really don't remember. But I do remember that it immediately made my cheeks bloated and made me look a little tired.
I just put on another application about 1.5 hours ago and I just looked in the mirror and the wrinkles are already more pronounced. I guess it gets in systemically for me at a fast rate. After about 4 more days the wrinkles start to go away but nott entirely of course. But then before I know it is time for me next application. I do minoxidil max 2x's per week. I tried it once every 1.5 weeks and my hair loss really really increased.

I know some will read this and say I must be exzaggerating or crazy but I have no reason to lie. All I know is I hate the fact that my hair is falling out and there really isn't much I can do except endure bloating and wrinkles in the hopes that it is slowing down the balding process to the point where I will have enough hair to work with whenever the next treatment comes. Let me tell you I will be very angry if the next treatment is many years away and I end up a NW5 with major wrinkles and a fat face!! It is a gamble and I am concerned!!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Norman, I wish I could agree with you but my forehead without a doubt gets wrinkled after using minoxidil. I have no reason to lie whatsoever and the only other med I am on is Nizoral once per week. I am 100% sure it is the minoxidil. For example, my last minoxidil dose was on Thursday. Friday I woke up all wrinkled and it stayed that way until today (Sunday) where he wrinkles are not faded yet but they are halfway back to normal.
There is something that many guys on this site fail to recognize: WHAT HAPPENS TO SOME WILL NOT HAPPEN TO OTHERS!! as far as sides go. Why can't people understand that?

alvintws

Reaction score
talking about wrinkles, it happen to me which i suspect it's the crystallization that coated the hair. but after shampoo, my hair become normal. i'm using foam in the morning and solution at night, both rogaine. i would suggest you to buy the ori rogaine, i just don't really trust generics. no bloatedness fpr me. finger crossed.

alvintws

Reaction score
sorry, i mean my hairs get wringkled not my forehead

grove12345

Reaction score
minoxidil has been shown in case studies to reduce the amount of collagen.

I use the foam and liquid. And i keep it away from my forehead and i still get growth of my eyebrows. So its obvious the minoxidil has become absorbed.

so its possible to get wrinkles around the eyes and face.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Grove for your response. I don't think there is anything I can do about it, is there? FYI- I don't use much and it doesn't get anywhere near my forehead. Have a good one!

grove12345

Reaction score
im guessing take collagen pills or Biosil drops. Both cheap.

And use some of that olay wrinkle cream stuff might help.

Cutting down on how much minoxidil you get on your head might help as well.

Not sure if you apply minoxidil to the back, if it will give you face wrinkles.

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
You're just aging, dude. minoxidil does not give you wrinkles. The fat face isn't any different.

Lux

Reaction score
how about u put some pics on? i've heard some stories about face wrinkles as a side effect from minoxidil, but none of those people could prove it by "before and after" pics. It's not an arse pain that people couldn't prove it, is it? minoxidil is used by the thousands of girls which would notice any wrinkles and sue the company producing it.

verysad

Reaction score
please do not scare me... who said that? well i did get some dark eye circles on rogaine but i have to say while i started i was going through a rough patch late night sleeping and lots of worries..

rjones

Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil (Rogaine Foam) for 2 years and still don't have any wrinkles :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Fred, minoxidil can cause side effects with the skin. I honestly experienced some problems with it. It does get absorbed into the body. If you apply the minoxidil to the temporal area, the minoxidil get absorbed into the temporal vessels and that drains into your face so it can cause eyelids to swell and the face to swell and the pores to enlarge. I think the drying affect in the vehicle minoxidil is in could dry up the skin and make the natural lines in the forehead appear more prominent. So it may appear you are getting more wrinkles. As soon as I quit minoxidil, my skin dramatically improved over several weeks and not only that but my face was able to look more chiseled. Minoxidil prevented this from happening. Some people just react differently to minoxidil than others. Just like finasteride. Some people may get sides from minoxidil and some will not. I do.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys, there is no point in arguing with Fred. His thinking is "it never gave me wrinkles, so it doesn't happen". He seems to be very simple-minded, and on top of that obsessed with telling people that they are wrong (though I suspect it has more to do with himself trying to prove to himself that he's right). He has been in many threads on Minoxidil side effects, telling dozens of people that experienced those side effects themselves that they are liars and only making things up.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are you really starting from the beginning again? In every ****ing thread it goes the same. Same arguments. Each time you ignore all the arguments that have been brought in the threads before.

FredTheBelgian said:
Then why is it not reported in the side-effects?
Well, since "crippling of babies" was never officially listed as a side effect of contergan, it also never happened, right? Lovin your logic!

FredTheBelgian said:
not a few anecdotal stories on forums.
Which amount to a couple of hundred. Oh, and by the way: If you actually followed the science, you would know that minoxidil works by dissolving collagen of perifollicular fibrosis. Guess what? Loss of collagen causes wrinkles, so if minoxidil spreads on to the face, guess what would happen. Additionally, you once again ignore (1) the study of pseudoacromegaly where one guy who overdosed on minoxidil got a sh*tload of wrinkles, and (2) the study that confirmed that minoxidil generally inhibits collagen.

But hey:
FredTheBelgian said:
I trust science, studies
Haha, yeah, sure! I can see that!