Fixing the Problem of Weak Erections on Finasteride

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Good sleep is also important for a nocturnal erection. It only happens in REM. Someone a few weeks ago posted a study showing that finasteride doesn't affect nocturnal erections. It was a pretty messy study, though.
I don't think depletion of allopregnanolone will kill neurological connections. You just get less GABAa receptor activity and a depression. Studies on rats have shown that these things are totally reversible, so no risk of permanent side effects in that department.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Good sleep is also important for a nocturnal erection. It only happens in REM. Someone a few weeks ago posted a study showing that finasteride doesn't affect nocturnal erections. It was a pretty messy study, though.
I don't think depletion of allopregnanolone will kill neurological connections. You just get less GABAa receptor activity and a depression. Studies on rats have shown that these things are totally reversible, so no risk of permanent side effects in that department.
I generally do get good sleep, and these past few days I've slept long and late. Still nothing. I mean, I didn't wake up in the middle of REM, but still I usually wake up with something down there. The past few days since starting I haven't. I'd feel better if I knew that everything down there will still function nearly as good as it would off finasteride, but as of right now that isn't the case.

Is it wise to continue and see if the sides dissipate? Its been a week and one day.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If the sleep is too long and late, you can't have an erection either when getting out of bed. You should spot it, when you suddenly wake up in the middle of deep sleep.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the sleep is too long and late, you can't have an erection either when getting out of bed. You should spot it, when you suddenly wake up in the middle of deep sleep.

I woke up yesterday and this morning at around 11am-12pm and I had an erection. When getting out of bed. Explain what you're talking about.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone can stop finasteride side effects by having pillow talk with Quantum Cat.

Sorry, Joe, I know your type, you're hoping, because of your paranoid agenda, that everyone that disagrees with you gets adverse effects from finasteride. There is a reason you were banned multiple times.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, stop bickering.

IrishFella, I think what Fanjeera was trying to say was that we generally have erections during REM sleep. If you don't wake up during REM, its possible your erection will have left when you awake.

But I don't think thats the case for me. I just haven't had them for days. That's bad, because people theorize the reason it occurs is because its necessary to bring nutrients to the penis via increased blood flow. I want to have them come back. If after 2 weeks of finasteride, they stay gone, I'll have to stop.
Prolonged periods of time without these regulatory erections can potentially detract from the size and strength of your erections.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
For the nutrients you need like 60% of an erection. I remember an old study saying that and some quoting it.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7775644
"F group levels fell to 31% and 28% of control values at week 4 and 12. Penile tip peak tumescence time increased on second nights more in the P than the F group at 12 weeks, producing a session main effect (P < 0.02) and a group X session interaction (P < 0.05). No significant group X session interactions were found for any sleep erection measures in a best night analysis or for self-reported sexual activity. Thus, F did not consistently suppress sleep-related erections compared to P." I don't understand anything... What are they saying?!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I didn't know this! - So question, when I wake up and I have a hard on that means I woke up from REM sleep?
Yes. And they also say that, if you can remember your dream, you also woke up in the middle of REM. And also you don't have an erection all the time in your REM. So every time you remember your dream, you're not supposed to have an erection.
You should just test it somehow. I'm pretty sure it still happens in your deep sleep, Escapist.
My doctor just said that the heaviest erection should be around 4-5 AM and I'm pretty sure I've heard that that's the peak time for REM also.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
QC, how has it degenerated?

I'm still trying to figure a way to keep my penis in good operating condition while also keeping my hair.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What exactly is the problem? Only lack of morning erections? Or do you believe your penis feels different or perhaps is shorter?

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
No morning erections, nor nightly ones (I woke up in the middle of the night twice this past week, in the middle of a dream, and had no erection). Noticeably weaker erections when masturbating (haven't had sex while on it for longer than 1 day yet).

Fanjeera

Reaction score
It's normal not to have a full erection all the night, I think. If you're certain that it was totally different before for you (you always had nocturnal erections) and the drug is causing it, I suggest you get off it. Are you still taking it?

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
After 3.5 weeks on the drug, I still had the side effects of weak erections, difficulty achieving and maintaining erections, and no morning erections. So, obviously I had to stop use.
Good News: Everything is back to normal now. Stronger erections, morning wood, no trouble staying erect.
Bad News: **** my life, now I have no hope at all of keeping my hair through young adulthood.

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some use minoxidil for years if their hairloss is slow. Don't give up just yet.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is really thin. Primarily in the front. My hairline is see through if my hair isn't down on my forehead. I don't think the Rogaine is going to do much more than add maybe a couple months of extra time in the long run. Its bad. I'm doomed, right?

Anyone who watches The Walking Dead, my hair is similar to that of The Governor (David Morrissey). It looks thicker in some light, but is actually very thin.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
My hair is really thin. Primarily in the front. My hairline is see through if my hair isn't down on my forehead. I don't think the Rogaine is going to do much more than add maybe a couple months of extra time in the long run. Its bad. I'm doomed, right?

Anyone who watches The Walking Dead, my hair is similar to that of The Governor (David Morrissey). It looks thicker in some light, but is actually very thin.
I think David Morrissey recently is wearing a partial hair piece now. When he first appeared on The Walking Dead, his hair was really bad. I think Rick might be wearing a partial too. And to be honest something is not right about Daryl's hair too. Think he wears a piece too. Glenn has the best hair in the adult group. Michonne is my new favorite character on there.

TheEscapist

Established Member
Reaction score
All of their hair seems pretty real to me, save for Michonne actually. David's looks genuinely comparable to mine, especially when its blowing around and you can see how thin/regularly combed to the side it is. Like mine. Rick's and Daryl's both seem very natural as well, of course with the exception of how they style it. But who knows.