Fixing A Disaster... Bad Haircut, Really Bad

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
After six months of long hair, I decided that I have just had enough. Too much of a hassle. I found a look I wanted and was giving a recommendation to someone to go to. After discussing the fact that they had no issues with working on a "hair system".

I wasn't going to use my expensive unit, and decided to sacrifice the unit I ordered direct from China, that had the wrong color.

The first image is the pic I gave them.

From the first snip, I knew I was screwed.

The second pic is the resulting photo. I am smiling, from shock, not happiness.

The third pic is the fix I got from a friend, an ex-Army barber who never cut a hair system in his life.

I love the look... and am so jazzed about it, I am going to get the good unit cut, tomorrow!

IMG_3576.jpeg IMG_3588.jpeg AE5B427A-C7D0-495E-8667-E87469BAEC40S.jpg

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After six months of long hair, I decided that I have just had enough. Too much of a hassle. I found a look I wanted and was giving a recommendation to someone to go to. After discussing the fact that they had no issues with working on a "hair system".

I wasn't going to use my expensive unit, and decided to sacrifice the unit I ordered direct from China, that had the wrong color.

The first image is the pic I gave them.

From the first snip, I knew I was screwed.

The second pic is the resulting photo. I am smiling, from shock, not happiness.

The third pic is the fix I got from a friend, an ex-Army barber who never cut a hair system in his life.

I love the look... and am so jazzed about it, I am going to get the good unit cut, tomorrow!

View attachment 108000 View attachment 108001 View attachment 108002
I like to get that hair style to covered my hairline and part of the forehead.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The second pic isn't as bad as you think..always hard to get the exact cut based on a picture . Seems the first barber did not thin out the piece and did not use styling product.. (frizzy ) . Second cut better and seems to have product. Is it real human or synthetic. ..I find real grey is a pain to style...Although suppliers say it is human grey, many use yak which is animal based and coarser making it unmanageable and frizzy, especially if dried with hair dryer...
Hopefully you'll enjoy short hair...

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good recovery. Personally, I would consider growing the sides to a #2 or #3 to deflect from the top a bit.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
The second pic isn't as bad as you think..always hard to get the exact cut based on a picture . Seems the first barber did not thin out the piece and did not use styling product.. (frizzy ) . Second cut better and seems to have product. Is it real human or synthetic. ..I find real grey is a pain to style...Although suppliers say it is human grey, many use yak which is animal based and coarser making it unmanageable and frizzy, especially if dried with hair dryer...
Hopefully you'll enjoy short hair...

The stylist was an assassin. You should have seen the back and side pics, miserable. The system was a very inexpensive, relatively, and all synthetic, and chopped it to pieces. The recovery was enough to convince me to get the good system cut. That is a mix of human and synthetic, and more matches my actual hair color. I will post the results.

What a pleasure to wash my hair, dry it with a towel, some gel and go. I was going to give it all up, now I am so happy with how easy it is, I am in it for the long haul!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd read you are done with hair systems!! But its just long hair. Liking the new look

Honestly, I was ALMOST there. I never got the exact look I wanted, and frankly, long hair was SUCH a problem, I was almost ready to give up. I was able to stumble upon a stylist who is 50m from my new apartment, who has experience working with hair systems.

I am so happy with the short hair, that now, I can't even imagine myself EVER going back to being bald.