Fish vs. got2b

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone have any comparison between fish paste hair putty and got2b chaotic putty? i know the key ingredient is really the bees wax, and the fish product has it? are they similar, or am I just wasting another seven dollars on a hair putty that does the exact same thing as all the other ones out there, Fall flat and not really thicken up. let me know peace

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in now that I've tried both products you've mentioned. For me personally, I definitely prefer the Fish putty. It thickens up your hair nicely and is much easier to work with than the Got2B Chaotic putty. The Got2B is just very difficult to work with for some reason - it's almost like it thickens your hair too much and makes it a poofy mess. Plus it's too dulling and you can definitely tell you have product in your hair. With the Fish putty it gives you a nice matte finish without looking like you have any product in. In fact, when I got my hair cut yesterday my hairdresser had to ask if I had any product in my hair because she couldn't tell by looking. The one bad thing about the Fish putty is that it's really thick so it's hard to spread in your hands - you just have to work it a bit. Once you have it spread in your hands, just add a tiny bit of water to make it a little easier to apply to your dry hair and you're good to go. It lets you do anything you want with your hair and provides all day hold that's reworkable. Also, it smells great and washes out easily. I definitey recommend it.

Trebor

Reaction score
Would some one mind providing a link to this Fish putty product? I would to atleast see what it looks like.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Fish putty is better than Got2B, from his explaination. and anyways got2b is extinct now...have been lookin for it for the past 3 months and cant find it....seems like fish putty is available in walgreens...anyone else tried it ??

bolshy

Reaction score
Silly question...Marc Anthony Instantly Thick Hair Fiber Putty is streets ahead of the opposition...no comparison!

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello Gotb, Fish and Marc Anthony users, it seems like these only work if you use a hair dryer after applying these products? Is this true ? Do you all use hair dryers after applying these products or without it ?

Thanks

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Hello Gotb, Fish and Marc Anthony users, it seems like these only work if you use a hair dryer after applying these products? Is this true ? Do you all use hair dryers after applying these products or without it ?

Thanks

You definitely don't need a hair dryer with Got2B or Fish (not sure about the Anthony stuff though - haven't used it yet). The more I use the Fish putty, the more I'm digging it. I'm sure it won't work for everyone but it's really been great for me so far.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks psywzrd. I will go for the fish...cant find that got2b sh*t anywhere..i dont know why they stopped it...Where di you buy your fish from...i tried my neighboring walgreens today and cudnt see the fish putty

psywzrd

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Thanks psywzrd. I will go for the fish...cant find that got2b $#iT anywhere..i dont know why they stopped it...Where di you buy your fish from...i tried my neighboring walgreens today and cudnt see the fish putty

I got my Fish from drugstore.com but you can also order it at shave.com. I don't believe any of my local stores carry it so I had no choice but to order online.