First Time System Wearer, My Honest Experience!!!

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi first time posting on here, it helped me so I wanted to try and help someone else with my experience.
I was always a little worried that people's stories on these sites were trying to sell you something and therefore not 100% truthful so I'm not going to say who I bought my system from or who did it!!
Ive had a bald spot which was getting worse to the point that I did what all people do with bald spots and wore a hat.....all the time!! I got to a point where I was going to shave it off or have a go at the system, a hair transplant was never for me, I just don't think they look very good,this is only my opinion by the way!!
I had my sisters wedding coming up and I was giving her away so the hat was out of the question, so with some research I went bought a system and found someone who could cut it in for me.
My partner is the only person I have told, I'm not embarrassed I just don't think it's anyone's business but mine. So she came with me and could see how it was fitted etc.
To cut a not so long story short I honestly love it! I looks completely natural and has been easy to maintain. The first fitting on my own took 3 attempts but now it's a lot easier.
I worried if people could tell but my mum and dad and sister haven't even detected it. I wore a hat all the time even before I started to lose my hair so the shock of seeing me without it was a bigger suprise than anything. I've been on two beach holidays which included swimming,water parks sea and have no issues.
For me it has been a great experience and would recommend it to anyone.

So if I can answer any of you worries please ask, I'm only a beginner but I think the beginning is the worst time!!!

Noah

Reaction score
Great post Withered. I'm delighted for you that it has worked out. Is it just at the crown, or have you replaced your hairline too?

Noah

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
please could you tell us how you do it for swimm and beach, avoid the dry and fade of the hair?
thanks

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post Withered. I'm delighted for you that it has worked out. Is it just at the crown, or have you replaced your hairline too?

Noah
Hi Noah.
Just a quick word of thanks first, I actually used a person who you recommended to cut my piece in and bought the system from a place you suggested to other forum uses, so thanks for that!!
I was only going to have the crown done as the rest of my hair isn't too bad at all but I was advised to have the full system fitted as it would have looked thicker at the back and not natural,it was the best advice I've had it looks much better.

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
please could you tell us how you do it for swimm and beach, avoid the dry and fade of the hair?
thanks
Hi the day before I went on holiday I re attached the hair piece therefore it had a good bond, I wore a hat in direct sun as often as I could just like you would normally. I did feel like the sun made the bond feel a little tacky but nothing to worry about. After swimming I washed my hair and put plenty of conditioner in it. I also put some leave in conditioner on. I went for a week on both occasions and re fitted the piece half way, I honestly think I could have left it but for my own piece of mind I refitted.
Hope this helps.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear of your success.
I'm on the fence about getting a hair system myself. Been looking at videos on YouTube and reading forums, but still haven't overcome my inertia.

What are the specs of the system? How do you attach? Do you expose your hairline?

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy to hear of your success.
I'm on the fence about getting a hair system myself. Been looking at videos on YouTube and reading forums, but still haven't overcome my inertia.

What are the specs of the system? How do you attach? Do you expose your hairline?
Hi thanks for that. I went for a French lace medium density it's a stock piece, I've been really lucky and the colour was a great match. I use tape more for ease than anything else. I don't have a exposed hairline simply because I didn't want that look I have a fringe. I could have the hairline exposed and it would look fine, but one of my main worries was that I'd be checking it in the mirror all the time to see if it look ok this way I don't have that worry!!
If it's any help I used to watch those videos one after another and think right I'm doing it then the next day I thought no way!!!! The best thing I did was show my partner one of the videos and get her opinion, I expected the worst but she said if your teeth fell out you would fix them, no difference!! So I did it, when It came I will be honest I looked at it in the bag and it looked like a dead rat and nearly put it in the bin, it really upset me and made me feel stupid, but I'd paid now and went for it. The head shave was a eye opener the monk look is not the best!!! But I can honestly say it's been great i may have been lucky but I've no problem st all, and do just think of it as my hair simple as that.
Hope this helps.

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi the day before I went on holiday I re attached the hair piece therefore it had a good bond, I wore a hat in direct sun as often as I could just like you would normally. I did feel like the sun made the bond feel a little tacky but nothing to worry about. After swimming I washed my hair and put plenty of conditioner in it. I also put some leave in conditioner on. I went for a week on both occasions and re fitted the piece half way, I honestly think I could have left it but for my own piece of mind I refitted.
Hope this helps.

How did you wash your system? becouse for example if u are in the beach what you do?

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you wash your system? becouse for example if u are in the beach what you do?
I just washed it at the end of the day, I didnt remove the system just washed it like my normal hair. I didn't have a issue with it.

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats for taking the plunge! It's the hardest part of wearing (I'm still at this stage :( ).

What glue do you use :)

Withered

My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats for taking the plunge! It's the hardest part of wearing (I'm still at this stage :( ).

What glue do you use :)
Hi I use the walkers no shine tape, works well for me. Not had any mishaps yet!!!
I'd go for it mate I honestly would, what have you got to loose??