First Time Posting: Maturation Or Hair Loss?

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
From those pictures I'd certainly say you've got zero hair loss. You're getting on for 30 and you're a NW1, your hair is better than most at your age and I doubt it's hairloss, that being said, monitor it every few months just to be sure.

Lol really? I appreciate it, but most people have told me NW2 at least. Here are some closer ones of hairline where you can see miniaturization.

BTW I don't know why I'm trying make a case for my male pattern baldness......pure insanity...but still.

Attachments

• IMG_4486.jpg
    IMG_4486.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_4485.jpg
    IMG_4485.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_4484.jpg
    IMG_4484.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol really? I appreciate it, but most people have told me NW2 at least. Here are some closer ones of hairline where you can see miniaturization.

BTW I don't know why I'm trying make a case for my male pattern baldness......pure insanity...but still.

No I understand, you want to make sure you're not losing hair, we've all been there. But from those pictures too I'd say you're more of a NW1.5 than 2 (although even NW2 would be fine for your age). It doesn't appear that you've got any thinning around the hairline aka miniaturized hair so I'd say you're fine. You could continue using minoxidil to ensure you're doing something just in case you are in the very early stages of hair loss (although I doubt you are).

Also, you said you went to see a dermatologist and you'd actually be surprised at how clueless some of them are when it comes to hair loss, I went to see one a couple of years back and he sat on the fence and said I may or may not be balding and said I should wait it out and take min or finasteride if it continues, so that was a waste of time and money. I've seen others on here also have similar experiences with dermatologists and such.

You said yourself that you only see a few amount hairs on your hairs after shampooing and that you've also always had widows peak, so I'd predict you'll have a full head of hair for years to come. Also remember, there's teenagers with higher hairlines than you so just enjoy your full head of hair. :)

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I understand, you want to make sure you're not losing hair, we've all been there. But from those pictures too I'd say you're more of a NW1.5 than 2 (although even NW2 would be fine for your age). It doesn't appear that you've got any thinning around the hairline aka miniaturized hair so I'd say you're fine. You could continue using minoxidil to ensure you're doing something just in case you are in the very early stages of hair loss (although I doubt you are).

Also, you said you went to see a dermatologist and you'd actually be surprised at how clueless some of them are when it comes to hair loss, I went to see one a couple of years back and he sat on the fence and said I may or may not be balding and said I should wait it out and take min or finasteride if it continues, so that was a waste of time and money. I've seen others on here also have similar experiences with dermatologists and such.

You said yourself that you only see a few amount hairs on your hairs after shampooing and that you've also always had widows peak, so I'd predict you'll have a full head of hair for years to come. Also remember, there's teenagers with higher hairlines than you so just enjoy your full head of hair. :)

Really appreciate the sentiments, man!
I don't doubt that someone will respond with a completely different and, 'less optimistic' answer, but I think the thing about these forums is to take each of them with a grain of salt. That being said, I would go as far to say that some of the people on here know even more about hair loss than some dermatologists tbh. It seems like you know what you're talking about and, again, I do appreciate it. Much love.

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello again, all!

Just wanted to check in and post some updated pictures since my last post in March. If you've been following at all (all 2 pages of it) than you'll know that I have been struggling with figuring out what do about my hair thinning/loss (been on minoxidil foam for about 10 months). I've recently been obsessing over my crown now - no surprise, as I'm sure I'm not alone on this. I've attached a good amount of pics of my hairline and crown.

I'm wondering if you guys can help me figure out 1) if you see any drastic progression since my last two posts (Dec. and Mar.), 2) if I need to go on finasteride with my crown in the state that it's in, and 3) where you think I am on the Norwood scale. Would really appreciate your guys' honest and objective opinion.

Much love,
M

Attachments

• IMG_4697.JPG
    IMG_4697.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_4695.JPG
    IMG_4695.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_4692.JPG
    IMG_4692.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_4671.JPG
    IMG_4671.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4660.JPG
    IMG_4660.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4684.JPG
    IMG_4684.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_4683.JPG
    IMG_4683.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_4643.JPG
    IMG_4643.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4686.JPG
    IMG_4686.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4691.jpg
    IMG_4691.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_4693.jpg
    IMG_4693.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 209

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation where I'm pretty close to a NW1 but I know I've experienced some recession. Honestly I'd pull the trigger on finasteride if I wasn't dealing with other health issues atm. I see a little miniaturization at the front of your hairline and those will probably go in the next few years but no miniaturization into the hairline. Good head of hair for your age regardless. It's really up to you whether you take propecia or not. You will probably eventually lose more if over time but that's life. If you really really wanna keep this hair and possibly improve it then I'd say go for it. I forgot you asked if there has been any change to your hairline and I'd say no!

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am in a similar situation where I'm pretty close to a NW1 but I know I've experienced some recession. Honestly I'd pull the trigger on finasteride if I wasn't dealing with other health issues atm. I see a little miniaturization at the front of your hairline and those will probably go in the next few years but no miniaturization into the hairline. Good head of hair for your age regardless. It's really up to you whether you take propecia or not. You will probably eventually lose more if over time but that's life. If you really really wanna keep this hair and possibly improve it then I'd say go for it. I forgot you asked if there has been any change to your hairline and I'd say no!

Really appreciate it! Do you have a similar crown situation as well? I can never tell if mine is drastically thin or just minor...

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really appreciate it! Do you have a similar crown situation as well? I can never tell if mine is drastically thin or just minor...

I don't have any loss on the crown....yet. But I'm 24 not 30. I bet you could fully regrow your crown with treatments but as of now it's not noticeable to anyone but you and other dudes thinking about hairloss. If I were you and had no other health concerns at the moment I'd probably try propecia and see how it went. My dad takes it for his prostate and has zero problems from it. Also has his norwood 1 at age 60 as a bonus

soitbegins

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think for the crown it may be like the tiniest amount of hair loss its not enough for anyone other than the obsessed with hair balding people to spot, keep on rogaine and if you feel like its getting worse or your unhappy make the jump to finasteride!

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have any loss on the crown....yet. But I'm 24 not 30. I bet you could fully regrow your crown with treatments but as of now it's not noticeable to anyone but you and other dudes thinking about hairloss. If I were you and had no other health concerns at the moment I'd probably try propecia and see how it went. My dad takes it for his prostate and has zero problems from it. Also has his norwood 1 at age 60 as a bonus

Thanks, man. Lol yeah I think you're right - wouldn't it be funny if everyone on here was in the same room? Everyone would be looking at each other's hair. I kind of want to just pull the trigger on finasteride, though. Only thing that's holding me back are the "sides", then again, I read a post I thought was pretty accurate on here yesterday something along the lines of, "a majority of the people come on here for opinions, start taking finasteride, then completely leave the site after they realize they don't experience the site"

I think for the crown it may be like the tiniest amount of hair loss its not enough for anyone other than the obsessed with hair balding people to spot, keep on rogaine and if you feel like its getting worse or your unhappy make the jump to finasteride!

Again, great advice. Thanks, dude. I'll continue to monitor and I haphazardly slap Rogaine on the crown (crown is so annoying to apply to). Thanks!

livinginfear93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Lol yeah I think you're right - wouldn't it be funny if everyone on here was in the same room? Everyone would be looking at each other's hair. I kind of want to just pull the trigger on finasteride, though. Only thing that's holding me back are the "sides", then again, I read a post I thought was pretty accurate on here yesterday something along the lines of, "a majority of the people come on here for opinions, start taking finasteride, then completely leave the site after they realize they don't experience the site"

Again, great advice. Thanks, dude. I'll continue to monitor and I haphazardly slap Rogaine on the crown (crown is so annoying to apply to). Thanks!

Do it. Pretty much worst case scenario is you don't like the sides and can stop taking it and they will go away immediately. Best case scenario you take it and have no sides and have a full head for life

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your a nw2. I bet when you were younger your hairline went straight across. It looks like slight minitaurization to me and you should try finasteride. I think if you wait you will start to see vertex thining and more advaced miniaturization at your temples. It could be soon or in 10 years but its starting.

nvibest

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your a nw2. I bet when you were younger your hairline went straight across. It looks like slight minitaurization to me and you should try finasteride. I think if you wait you will start to see vertex thining and more advaced miniaturization at your temples. It could be soon or in 10 years but its starting.

Yeah it was pretty straight. All I can concentrate on is seeing the tiny circle of "non-fully-hair-covered" circle on my vertex. I kind of want to go on finasteride just from a psyche standpoint.

Is what I have a "bald spot"? Can't help but going into the bathroom at work every so often and taking one million pics. *madness*