First System - Swiss Lace With Tape/Glue Attachment Teething Issues

Noah

Reaction score
I thought washing-up liquid meant shower gel???

Haha, no "washing-up liquid" is the British term for what Americans call "dish soap". It took me years to find out what "dish soap" meant. I initially assumed it meant the bar of solid soap that sits in a dish by the sink. I had this picture of Yanks washing their hairsystems with Dove.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi MV

Isopropyl alcohol usually comes in 99% concentration (surgical spirit) and 70% (rubbing alcohol). 99% is faster and more effective for all the purposes we use it for, although 70% will also work.

Ultrahold (the acrylic glue) can be released with alcohol as usual. I haven't tried the silicon glue. Maybe someone else can comment on that?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't use positioning spray/iso alcohol with white glue. Noah said it above, but I think even misting it will cause it to (potentially) liquify more than you'd like.
Ha yeah cheers, learnt this the hard way. I avoid alcohol with glue altogether, I made the HUGE mess last week.

Instead apply the glue, dry it, & bring down your front gently. As long as you don't press down hard, it won't stick tightly and you can manipulate your piece into the position you want, then apply pressure, with a dry towel, comb, whatever - to make it bond.
This is exactly what I did, thanks for the tips. Bring it down gently ensuring there are no creases then when happy press down hard. I actually use the tape backing paper to press down as it's non stick. A tip from a hair4all client video. What I've found is when I press down quite hard it causes some of the glue to gather just infront of the lace. Therefore next time I will press down a little below the lace limits afterwards and hopefully will create a nice layer kind of sealing it all.

I thought washing-up liquid meant shower gel???
Shower gel is still shower gel over here!

Hi MV

Isopropyl alcohol usually comes in 99% concentration (surgical spirit) and 70% (rubbing alcohol). 99% is faster and more effective for all the purposes we use it for, although 70% will also work.

Ultrahold (the acrylic glue) can be released with alcohol as usual. I haven't tried the silicon glue. Maybe someone else can comment on that?
Cool will stick to the 99% stuff, thanks man!

Yeah for some reason it takes ghost bond a very long time to turn transparent for me (like 6 hours or so). I had to fix some small edges I missed yesterday, but it goes transparent right away but then white again and I have darker skin so it's very visible. This is the problem I had with the walkers glue but it never went back to transparent. Saying that, everything looks perfect today! I do want to try the acrylic stuff just to see what it's like in comparison but have searched the forum and it seems many say ultra hold is the one to try and the silicone one a little hit and miss. If the acrylic one gives me a significantly longer hold than GB platinum then I'll be interested. I guess the only way is to just try it.