First System...could I Have A Lift On Day One?

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hi All,

Finally got my first system today at a salon in London. They said they used tape and a bit of glue on the tape all the way round. Mainly because I want to be able to remove weekly.

Problem is that I can already see the front of the system when I pull my hair back. Pretty sure it wasn’t like that at the salon. Could this be a lift already?

Thanks

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Combing our hair back will cause a pull on the lace/UTS and this will weaken the bond on the hairline quicker. Also did you let the bond cure properly for 24 hours before doing anything active that might have raised your body temperature?

Lifts are very easy to fix, just use a tiny bit of glue. Looks at some YouTube vids first. Dive in and have a go :)

If you're using tape at the front then you probably can't have an exposed hairline anyway. Normally people would use glue at the hairline for the purpose of exposing it.

CraigN101

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I had it styled immediately and then came home. I don’t think it’s a lift it just the lace showing which I’m not super happy about. See pic.

Attachments

• A9410D0B-52C9-4819-AE4C-34F9F6067DF6.jpeg
    A9410D0B-52C9-4819-AE4C-34F9F6067DF6.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 725

Xyz23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see.. Looks like you need to trim the front a bit. You need to cut the lace where are no hairs at all or barely hairs

I have to say your salon did it really bad

Last edited:

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say from pic but I think the tape thickness is making that line. Doesn't look likenlace...Wear your hair forward until you can go to salon and tell them you are not satisfied with the hairline. Ask them to use glue for front if you want an exposed hairline. And ask them to show you how to maintain the hairline ( touch ups)

Noah

Reaction score
Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape is the best one. It is not tape in the conventional sense - more like semi-solid glue sold in a tape format. Once you take the backing paper off, there is only adhesive left, no plastic film. It is the next best thing to glue.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Walkers 3-mil thin lace support tape is the best one. It is not tape in the conventional sense - more like semi-solid glue sold in a tape format. Once you take the backing paper off, there is only adhesive left, no plastic film. It is the next best thing to glue.

He's right... I have already converted a number of clients to this.

Allantint

Reaction score
Any idea where I can buy it in Europe ?