First New Hair System Questions: Bonding And Sleeping

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yh I've got a silk night cap which I don't really use anymore. I have also treated myself to the silk pillow case set lol.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yh I've got a silk night cap which I don't really use anymore. I have also treated myself to the silk pillow case set lol.

I used silk pillow cases but when glue comes gooey, it got on pillow case....now I use a cheap wig cap similar to
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allsorts®-...?keywords=nylon+wig+cap&qid=1581534031&sr=8-4

And does the job in keeping hairsystem tight on , keeping hairstyle (no bedhead) and pillowcase and hairline clean. I used looser caps before but they would fall off during sleep. This is tight and strechy and stays on. I wear it over my ears. Last advantage, less shedding during sleep...

Hair56

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used silk pillow cases but when glue comes gooey, it got on pillow case....now I use a cheap wig cap similar to
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Allsorts®-Pack-Blonde-Nude-Caps/dp/B00TPWGA58/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=nylon+wig+cap&qid=1581534031&sr=8-4

And does the job in keeping hairsystem tight on , keeping hairstyle (no bedhead) and pillowcase and hairline clean. I used looser caps before but they would fall off during sleep. This is tight and strechy and stays on. I wear it over my ears. Last advantage, less shedding during sleep...

Thanks for the information. Did you get the loose caps from Amazon aswell?

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good plan. Every 2 weeks while you feel it out and build up your confidence.

I've personally struggled to remove the glue that's seeped through, despite suggestions online. Salons manage it though.

I live in Texas, and summers can be a struggle. For the glue issei's, I have a simple solution. You know those 'Corn on the cob boats? You lay the corn cob in it and twirl it round to butter it up. I put alcohol in that, and I lay my barbers comb (the long skinny combs with the really fine tooth bristles). Anyway, I get the Combe wet, then I take small section of hair and run the comb from the base up several time - and it does a pretty good job at getting the glue cleaned up. At first I leaned my head down so that gravity pulls the liquid away from my scalp - but I discovered over time I so little on the comb at one time - its not an issue. And also the alcohol doesn't dry my hair out too much.