First Mechanical Isolation Immediate Autologous Clinical Use In Androgenetic Alopecia And Hair Loss

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but I agree with you. He might actually help people in that one regard.

Why do cultured human cells have to go through long FDA trials anyway? Cultured cells are exact copies of cells that were taken from inside of human beings so of course they aren't toxic. I do understand that there's concern about the medium that the cells are cultured in, but aren't the cultured cells washed thoroughly to eliminate the medium before the cells are injected into patients?

Because even during normal cell division there are mutations that can lead to cancerous cells, artificially culturing may induce more of these mutated cells.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Because even during normal cell division there are mutations that can lead to cancerous cells, artificially culturing may induce more of these mutated cells.

Well, then perhaps cultured cells shouldn't be allowed to be injected into humans at all. After all, if artificial cell culture can induce excessive mutation in cultured cells, clinical trials won't necessarily solve that problem. The only things that would solve that problem are:

1. Do not do any artificial culturing of human cells.

2. After completing the culture, weed out all of the artificially cultured cells with excessive mutations.

Personally, I prefer number 2 and that should eliminate the need for clinical trials if excessive mutations is the only reason clinical trials are needed.

Last edited:

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Does "cultured" always mean cloned? Can't they also be altered somehow? If so, I could understand the concern that they'd have an adverse effect if they went haywire.

If by "haywire" you mean that the cultured cells could acquire excessive mutations (like mr_robot said) how exactly would clinical trials prevent that from happening?

Last edited:

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The best thing Trump could do is eliminate some of the FDA hurdles...

and why did he not do this yet?

I never heard him talk about doing this.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From a practical point this study is kinda worthless. It's just a hair transplant after all, put into a blender.

But it's shows nicely that Replicel is working on a very basic level.

Also nice photos not.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and why did he not do this yet?

I never heard him talk about doing this.

Because he's been in office 6 months and still has a lot of positions to fill. Not that I'm a fan of his, but everything can't be done overnight.

Plus, the FDA makes money by regulating - cutting the approval process means the government needs to cut costs or find that money elsewhere.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because he's been in office 6 months and still has a lot of positions to fill. Not that I'm a fan of his, but everything can't be done overnight.

Plus, the FDA makes money by regulating - cutting the approval process means the government needs to cut costs or find that money elsewhere.

Those positions are usually filled by now he is not appointing people.
I dont think at least

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From a practical point this study is kinda worthless. It's just a hair transplant after all, put into a blender.

But it's shows nicely that Replicel is working on a very basic level.

Also nice photos not.
This is using another autologous cell method than Replicel is using (Replicel is using DSC cells).

And it really isn't a 'hair transplant in a blender'. They're not cloning the cells either (that's how they were able to 'bypass' EU regulation for the study).

Wasn't Dr. Cole talking about this study? I know he said he was experimenting with similar autologous cells but he showed a photo of a woman who had alopecia areata and not Androgenetic Alopecia IIRC. Gave me a bit of a 'scammy' vibe at first but I'm sure now (because of this study) that Dr. Cole really is onto something.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
This is using another autologous cell method than Replicel is using (Replicel is using DSC cells).

And it really isn't a 'hair transplant in a blender'. They're not cloning the cells either (that's how they were able to 'bypass' EU regulation for the study).

Wasn't Dr. Cole talking about this study? I know he said he was experimenting with similar autologous cells but he showed a photo of a woman who had alopecia areata and not Androgenetic Alopecia IIRC. Gave me a bit of a 'scammy' vibe at first but I'm sure now (because of this study) that Dr. Cole really is onto something.

Indeed he is. I posted parts of that email you're talking about on page 1. He also talked about his new trail in the hairsite. If it helps who knows.