First hair system... how does it look?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Just got my first system installed. On the day that it was installed, it looked amazing but still a little dense for me. I figured that going from bald to having hair, anything would look too dense. Later on that day I thought that it looked too dark. The next day I did some sports and sweated, and got a bit of a lift (under a hat so nothing to worry about) but didn't style or maintain it otherwise. On that day I thought that I didn't like it so much, like it was just too much hair for anybody to have on a system and look realistic. What do you think? The photos with the jacket are straight out of the salon. The photo with the brown shirt are later on that same day after wearing a hat. The photos in the blue shirt are after wearing a hat and sweating. Straight out of the salon, it had some product in it and looked good. But afterwards when the product wore out, it looked too heavy and the hairline would look wrong (to my eye) unless I corrected it by moving the hair with my hand. The whole thing looks too dense too. What do you think?

Further info. It's a LaVivid skin system and I actually seemed to get some light headedness and headache after it was installed. I think that it's on a little tight so I am going to do a removal and reattach asap.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 682
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 658
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 664
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 666
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 676

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just got my first system installed. On the day that it was installed, it looked amazing but still a little dense for me. I figured that going from bald to having hair, anything would look too dense. Later on that day I thought that it looked too dark. The next day I did some sports and sweated, and got a bit of a lift (under a hat so nothing to worry about) but didn't style or maintain it otherwise. On that day I thought that I didn't like it so much, like it was just too much hair for anybody to have on a system and look realistic. What do you think? The photos with the jacket are straight out of the salon. The photo with the brown shirt are later on that same day after wearing a hat. The photos in the blue shirt are after wearing a hat and sweating. Straight out of the salon, it had some product in it and looked good. But afterwards when the product wore out, it looked too heavy and the hairline would look wrong (to my eye) unless I corrected it by moving the hair with my hand. The whole thing looks too dense too. What do you think?

Further info. It's a LaVivid skin system and I actually seemed to get some light headedness and headache after it was installed. I think that it's on a little tight so I am going to do a removal and reattach asap.
You look like a million bucks.Well done

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Wow, looks really good and natural. You kind of look like Ben Affleck???

PHNTM

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks good man. Might look even more natural if you grow your sides out a bit, I think it's the contrast that makes it seem a bit too thick.
Is this an Eros or Mirage model?

Last edited:

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to say I think your instincts are about right.
This hairline is not matched to your temporal recession. It looks off, styled or not. That's the biggest issue. you either need a hairline contour that is more recessed, or temple flaps.

The haircut looks very uneven, too. In a couple of the photos it looks like very long strands hanging off the side perimiter compared to very short hair on top:
- if you have a stylist who insists on leaving it long around the perimiter, don't push them to take it as short as possible on top.
-go to an ordinary barber if you want the piece cut as short as possible, just tell them not to blunt cut the edges.

And yes, it is too dense.

Don't be discouraged as you can do a lot better than this with a bit of planning and troubleshooting.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This hairline is not matched to your temporal recession. It looks off, styled or not. That's the biggest issue. you either need a hairline contour that is more recessed, or temple flaps.

The haircut looks very uneven, too. In a couple of the photos it looks like very long strands hanging off the side perimiter compared to very short hair on top:
- if you have a stylist who insists on leaving it long around the perimiter, don't push them to take it as short as possible on top.
-go to an ordinary barber if you want the piece cut as short as possible, just tell them not to blunt cut the edges.

Don't be discouraged as you can do a lot better than this with a bit of planning and troubleshooting.
Can you elaborate what you mean to tell a barber not to blunt cut the edges ? I want to go shorter but my stylist isn’t confident in doing that. Seems she isn’t skilled with the trimmer.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Also if I went to a barber would I go with hair system attached ? I’m guessing you mean make sure they don’t use the trimmer right up to the hair system and instead use a scissors and layer it to blend into the hair ?

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate what you mean to tell a barber not to blunt cut the edges ?

What I mean is they should do a textured cut around the perimiter in particular, ideally using a straight razor but possibly also thinning shears.
That's to avoid the appearance of a weight line.

Usually these "hair system" stylists are trained to leave the hair longer around the perimiter that is supposed to lay into your own hair. For one thing this gives your "bio" hair some room to grow without outgrowing the length of the "system hair". I would probably question the merits of this technique in general, but there's really no denying that with very short styles it looks especially ridiculous. If you want to go short, you'll just have to trim your growing hair very frequently.

Seems she isn’t skilled with the trimmer.

more likely she doesn't want to spoil the illusion.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I've had it over 2 weeks now and I have had a lot of trouble with the bonding. I have removed and reattached more than 3 times.

Anyway I have adjusted to it and I think that it's not too dense or too long. It's a Mirage model which is already a bit lower in density for a stock system. The stylist reduced the density twice during the cut in when I asked. When it's on the mannequin head, you can see through to the base/scalp. So I don't think that this system could realistically go shorter or less dense; we'd need a lace system for that. I think that it just looked super dense because it was a new system and the stylist used the dryer.

For the hairline, I was surprised that the hairline looked like that because I measured my head before ordering and I was a bit worried because I needed more length than the stock system. Well, it seems like the stylist stretched it out a lot when attaching it. I could feel it on the day and the next day like something was really tight on my head. When I attach it loosely, the hairline of the system is actually higher than my natural hairline.

Here are some recent photos. What do y'all think? Please critique as much as you can. I am new to systems and I'm already looking forward to getting a new system because I'd like a lace hairline. So I want to think about what could be done better. Also, while the system was off I cut my back and sides down to a 2 guard, leaving a taper at the top area for the system. This might look terrible but I thought that while I'm still struggling with adhesives and most of the week I am not wearing the system, I should try things out and experiment.

Attachments

• 1 edited.jpg
    1 edited.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 288
  • 2 edited.jpg
    2 edited.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 285

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had it over 2 weeks now and I have had a lot of trouble with the bonding. I have removed and reattached more than 3 times.

Anyway I have adjusted to it and I think that it's not too dense or too long. It's a Mirage model which is already a bit lower in density for a stock system. The stylist reduced the density twice during the cut in when I asked. When it's on the mannequin head, you can see through to the base/scalp. So I don't think that this system could realistically go shorter or less dense; we'd need a lace system for that. I think that it just looked super dense because it was a new system and the stylist used the dryer.

For the hairline, I was surprised that the hairline looked like that because I measured my head before ordering and I was a bit worried because I needed more length than the stock system. Well, it seems like the stylist stretched it out a lot when attaching it. I could feel it on the day and the next day like something was really tight on my head. When I attach it loosely, the hairline of the system is actually higher than my natural hairline.

Here are some recent photos. What do y'all think? Please critique as much as you can. I am new to systems and I'm already looking forward to getting a new system because I'd like a lace hairline. So I want to think about what could be done better. Also, while the system was off I cut my back and sides down to a 2 guard, leaving a taper at the top area for the system. This might look terrible but I thought that while I'm still struggling with adhesives and most of the week I am not wearing the system, I should try things out and experiment.
f*** me daddy!

hairhelp777

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think both sets of photos look good. Yes the first is more dense but plenty of guys have bio hair like that - it depends which look you prefer.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I was uncomfortable with the density so after around a month I got it cut down in density. I preferred it when it was reduced though it was a bit of a non hairstyle.

But more pertinently, I have a second system. I think that the hairline and cut in here are much better. Maybe it's still a little dense or maybe it's in my head, but the hairline looks correct and seems to be a good blend for my temple points. What do you think? It's ultra thin skin and I'm very impressed with how good the hairline looks when exposed.

Attachments

• 4 edited.jpg
    4 edited.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 5 edited.jpg
    5 edited.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 152