first go with lace

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a try at attaching a hairpiece today. No one in the house has noticed that my hairline is different yet, which is good. I’m a bit nervous about it but I’ll see how it goes.
If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to say/ask.

First pic is before
Second pic is after and pulled back and with full length
Third pic is the after with hair cut and normal

Fen3A.jpg

RTvE1.jpg

lrcyK.jpg

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks, it was $250. the hair piece is good but i'm having a bit of trouble with the glue (sticking the hairpiece down), i think that might take some practise.
i hope your experience with hairpieces goes well. i think there's a lot of potential with them.

johnret04

Reaction score
Looks very good, indeed! If I saw you on the street, I wouldn't be able to tell you're wearing a hairpiece! Good for you, antman. :)

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Look stupid, you have good hair you don't need an hairpiece, so what if its receding, grow it out

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you look good enough without it also, bit of styling or management or growing it longer can make it look better.

You look like you maybe a good responder to the big 3 also

If any guys out there got some ok hair volume and growth at the front, you can get away with it :)

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't agree...I have faced a high hairline and and receding for such a long time....wearing some partials made my days...I felt so good for a while untill the all front has becoming to fall...

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Just do what you think makes you look good. Dont let internet people dissuade you. I for one think you look good without it as well, but If your confidence was higher with it, id say go for it.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i had a lot of trouble with the connection between the 'lace piece edge' and my natural 'hair line'. there was a noticeable line (or curved area) where it went from thick (my hair) then thin (my thinning hair) then thick (the start of the lace piece). if anyone put their hand through my hair it would be very noticeable that something odd was going on.
that is mostly why i scrapped the hair piece. Has anyone been able to get round this? i guess i could shave the thinning hair but that would require a true commitment to the piece.

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah Antman, the problem is that you can't put a strong density hairpiece next to weak natural hair, because it shows up. If you want to make a decent job of it you have to shave off the weak thinning hair and get a bigger piece, so that the join is good hair to good hair.

For what it's worth I think you would look good w/o the piece if you just went for a shorter cut. The bushy length accentuates the bit that's missing. However, it may be that you will eventually lose the hair between your receding sides, in which case you may want to reconsider a hairpiece. That is what happened to me.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
in the 'before' picture i just gled it back to show what it looked like; i don't walk around public like that. it looks like this at the moment -
2YhmO.jpg

and this is what the thin bit looks like - u reckon its worth shaving it?
J0PyW.jpg

Noah

Reaction score
Just to be clear, are you saying that first photo is you without the hairpiece, the way you look when you go out?

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i took that first picture about 30 min ago with no lace or anything

Noah

Reaction score
In that you look fine mate; a hairpiece would be a lot of extra fuss for very little (if any) improvement in appearance, in my view. However, that is for now. Unfortunately there is a fair chance that you will continue to loss density and acreage at the front. If so, you may want to come back to the idea of a piece in a year or two's time, and I would encourage you to do it before your hairloss becomes too apparent to the outside world.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks; i'm really hoping with finasteride and min i can get a strong NW2, otherwise i'll fall back to lace