First Day Ever With A Hair System With Pics

señor coconut

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All
I just had my custom system fitted today after the long painful 8 weeks of growing out my hair, after getting it fitted I had about 4 hours to get some sleep before starting the night shift and must admit I was dreading the first day at work, Its definatley an improvement on being bald but it is really weird getting used to having hair and I think it's it's either too thick and I'd like to get it thinned out or like the stylist said for the first week it will have allot of poof before it settles down, what do people think and I'd like to be able to answer any questions people might have if they're thinking of going the system route
20190524_143046.jpg
20190524_143008.jpg

Slapster

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Senor. Your hair looks great now - a nice colour, and doesn't look wiggy. I got my first system a few months ago and felt exactly the same way as you. The poofiness goes away within a few days, but nobody but you will even notice it as it just looks like you've used a hairdryer on it. I also felt mine was too thick, but this is a purely psychological reaction caused by going from slaphead to full head of hair in the space of a day. I quickly came to love the thickness of mine, and wouldn't want it any other way now. It will, of course, naturally thin out over time though.

I felt really self conscious at first, but people around you will get used to it shockingly quickly. It takes your brain a few days to realise that nobody's looking at your hair and thinking anything's wrong. Once it does, you'll be completely comfortable with a fantastic full head of hair for as long as you want it.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks awesome! But I don't really understand. Whats a hair piece or hair system?

señor coconut

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Amazeballs is a truly spectacular complement.
Glad to be home after the first night at work, I totally understand about being really self conscious.
I wasn't expecting it to be such a psychological impact on myself but thinking about the fact that like allot of people who aren't comfortable with their baldness I've probably worn a hat of some kind on every occasion that i've been outside for the past 10 years.
I also had the sudden realisation, due to the fact that I haven't needed to in the past decade, but last night I literally had no idea how to style hair, which tested me somewhat.
Thankfully everyone's comments were positive, complementing on how the hair blended perfectly, the colour match was spot on and how it made me look younger. It was especially reassuring considering it's a very 'Lads' and 'Geezers' crowd at work.
I'm feeling much more comfortable as the day goes by and as my brain starts to accept what I'm gonna see before I look in the mirror I'm much less stressed and can start enjoying having hair again
20190525_093027.jpg

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice result and it really suits you. The style suits you.

I know exactly how you feel. When I had my first system fitted last year I was horrified at how thick it was and how much hair I suddenly had to deal with. It's almost impossible to hide the fact that you've suddenly got so much hair!

I had my system thinned out considerably and instantly felt a lot better. My next system is 10% less density and I think it will be even better.

It's possible you might find that a lower density feels better for you too.

Noah

Reaction score
It really doesn't look too bouffant. I have seen some systems (including some of mine) that were too bouffant for the first week or so, but yours doesn't look like that. It does look well-groomed, like you were at a good hair dresser's recently, but the overall look is very authentic and age-appropriate. The way it is styled gives it a lot of movement, which nixes any bulk of wigginess.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks really good but I don't understand. Can you explain what is a hair "system". Have you used fake hair? How does it fit there like that? Does it blend with your normal hair? Is it like a wig that pops off and on? How does it look so real?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Curiousone - a "hair system" is a patch of very fine mesh or very thin plastic film with hair tied or injected into it. Usually the hair is real hair, although it can be synthetic. The patch is cut into the shape of a man's bald spot, so it fills in the missing hair, and blends with the man's remaining real hair. It can cover the whole top of the head, or a smaller area (e.g. a bald crown or receded hairline). It is attached direct to the man's scalp with medical adhesive, and is designed to stay in place for about 7 - 14 days. The mesh or film disappears when it is attached to the scalp, so the hair looks like it is growing from the man's scalp.

The function of a hair system is the same as the toupees or partial wigs of the past, but as you can see from Senor Coconut's pictures, the modern technology produces a much lighter and more realistic result, and improvements in the adhesives mean that you can wear your system securely for 14 days+. In the old days most toupees were bulky and unrealistic, and had to be taken off every day.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow interesting. Much more high tech than the days of wigs. So does the hair system just stay on? I mean key things like if you were dating someone and they touched your hair is there like risk it will come off like a wig or is it more secure than that and they wouldn't really know? Must be expensive to get a system I imagine?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It fits you perfect and your stylist did an expert job. If you wanted to could you grow out the sides or are you just preferring the fade? If you personally feel it’s to bulky on top growing out the sides and back a little more would probably help out. How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?
Oh and since you say you were wearing a hat for about 10 years that means you must have started losing your hair around 28? Do you wish you would have done this 10 years sooner regardless of the stigma then because your happy with the results? I have always hated hats but just recently I bought one to start hiding under the stupid thing in public.

Last edited:

señor coconut

My Regimen
Reaction score
It fits you perfect and your stylist did an expert job. If you wanted to could you grow out the sides or are you just preferring the fade? If you personally feel it’s to bulky on top growing out the sides and back a little more would probably help out. How much did you pay if you don’t mind me asking?
Oh and since you say you were wearing a hat for about 10 years that means you must have started losing your hair around 28? Do you wish you would have done this 10 years sooner regardless of the stigma then because your happy with the results? I have always hated hats but just recently I bought one to start hiding under the stupid thing in public.
I definatley think the transition would have been allot easier if I'd done it 10 years ago being able to go from thinning hair to thicker as opposed to completely bold to full head of hair, it wouldn't have been so daunting in regards to my security in myself knowing people are bound to ask questions, I've never been one to like a crowd or any attention and stay low key.
I'd say I only started thinking about a hair system since the start of this year, I really hadn't given it any thought before, and then a suggested video popped up on YouTube and i was hooked watching every single one i could find.
Moving close to London recently made me think that various salons were just a short train ride away making it a plausible option.
In regards the price, it was £495 which included custom hair system and fitting.