First cloning pictures here.......................

michael barry

Reaction score
http://www.vavelta.com/vavelta/mp/story ... cell02.pdf

Page 19 has pictures of the first 1 cm/square patches of cloned hairs on a trialee from phase 1 trials from Intercytex.

They are in phase 2 trials now in England. They hope to have some preliminary results from the phase 2 trials late this year. They are shooting up a much larger area this time around with cells derived from "donor area" hairs, and hope to grow alot more hair. There are only 6 test persons involved this time out. They will by trying different cell-culturing and injection methods with more phase 2-caliber tests after this first one to find the best protocol for market at some point in the future.

However, looking at the photos........................you see new hair with no directional problems. Its pretty darn exciting.

IBM

Reaction score
that's exciting... but in electronic document... when we're going to see real results?

michael barry

Reaction score
"whats exciting about that"???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Dermal papilla cells from you DONOR area are extracted, multiplied and shot back into balding scalp and you get NEW hair. Hence the term "HAIR MULTIPLICATION".

Those aren't pictures of a hypertrichotic applied to scalp, but of donor area cells that have been multiplied and mixed with some stem cells shot back into the skin of BALDING SCALP. It made NEW HAIR where there was none.

These are the first pictures of cellular-based hair NEO_genesis. They are in phase 2 trials now, and are attempting to actually grow ALOT of hair over a larger area. Someday, they want it to be like a transplant with theoretically unlimited amounts of donor hair.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Brilliant find. Looks like an internal presentation. Gives us something more than their web site....

Those Phase II results should be out soon.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised by this, but shouldn't be this posted in the Hair Multiplication section?

I saw it on HairSite first before I saw it here.

newguy23

Reaction score
wow that is cool! that makes me think 2009/2010 is a very plausible release date. how awesome would it be if in three years time if u thought ure hair was lookin a little thin you can just go get a couple of injections and add hair to your head. modern science is truly an amazing thing. i bet in a few years getting HM injections in your scalp will be as common as like botox injections today. i just hope these trials speed up a lil bit

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
newguy23 said:
wow that is cool! that makes me think 2009/2010 is a very plausible release date. how awesome would it be if in three years time if u thought ure hair was lookin a little thin you can just go get a couple of injections and add hair to your head. modern science is truly an amazing thing. i bet in a few years getting HM injections in your scalp will be as common as like botox injections today. i just hope these trials speed up a lil bit

In one of their presentations, there is still the possibility of a 2008 release mentioned. I forgot which one it was. We'll just have to see how Phase II turns out.

newguy23

Reaction score
2008 would be amazing i hope that happens. now i have a kinda stupid question. these HM trials are going on in the UK now but for those of us who live in the united states i was wondering if these trials would be valid for US fda standards? and if so would that mean that hm would be released in the US at the same time as the UK?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think Intercytex would probably want to market this in the US as well as Britain. They have a branch in Boston/Cambridge, so they have their feet planted in the US as well, to some extent. They might have to still get FDA approval before it is availabe in the States, but I'm sure they will do that, and if the Phase II and Phase III trials are successful in Britain, then there shouldn't be any hang-ups with the FDA.

It said in that .pdf presentation that they expect to have more data on Phase II trials sometime in the second half (H2) of 2007. Shouldn't be too long before we know whether Trichocyte really works.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
newguy23 said:
2008 would be amazing i hope that happens. now i have a kinda stupid question. these HM trials are going on in the UK now but for those of us who live in the united states i was wondering if these trials would be valid for US fda standards? and if so would that mean that hm would be released in the US at the same time as the UK?

They would still have to a Phase III for the FDA, but can release it in Britain because their version of the FDA is less strict on this type of medical technology. I have asked them about it and they said they are talking to the FDA. John the Revelator from hairsite.com in the HM forums posted an idea of why it would take longer for it to get approved in the US.

His idea of why it would take a few years more is because of the hair transplant lobby and some of their actions telling the FDA to take their time. Like what's been posted about Rassman, I don't believe what he or hair transplant surgeons say. There's another poster on some other forum named peter something who is an assistant to a hair transplant surgeon that seemed quite confident it wouldn't come out until 10 years later or after 2010 and some of the people on this board share that view too. I don't really trust anyone on when it will come out. Although I'm optimistic, I try to be realistic. Does anyone honestly know about when it will come out?

This is something that will kill the hair transplant industry. They just want to delay it so they can reap up some revenue before they're put out of business. This is also why they say the "10 years it will come out" schtick.Granted, the first version won't make a NW7 an NW1 but improvements will make it happen.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats preety exciting. I wish the hair was longer so we could check out their texture etc. but they dont seem to be very thin at least.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
how would this work you think would it be just like injecting a needle into ur arm but only into ur scalp instead and would u need to go into surgery and be under anesthetics.