Fireman's Story - (Quit finasteride/PROPECIA) Update 1/9/10

fireman

Reaction score
Yeah been losing it pretty much since I graduated high school. Quite a slow process, and it wasn't really all that noticeable til recently. I started FINCAR(inhouse) about 6 months ago because I didn't want to lose anymore hair. I wish I could have taken pictures of when I started it but I didn't have a camera to use. Definitely haven't been any improvements yet. Still shedding a lot and it's looking thinner than when I started FINCAR. I'm only at around the 6 month mark so I'll ride it out for about a year.

regimen-
1.25 mg FINCAR daily (6 months)
1% Nizoral every 3-4 days (8 months)
2g l-arginine daily (2 weeks)
1g l-lysine daily (2 weeks)
500mg vit c daily (2 weeks)
4g MSM daily (2 weeks)

I've taken some pictures and I'm gonna try to update monthly so I can compare em. Hopefully I can figure out how to post em up. I'll probably put em up later today.

May 11 photos-

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 21 yr old NW7 destined...

Have you thought of adding some Rogaine?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Six months on finasteride is a little early to see any true results, even if it keeps you at baseline your hair looks good buzzed down.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

How do you know you're NW7 bound?

Most people who going to reach a NW7 lose it all before 25. So I doubt you will lose it all before 25. I think furture NW5 max.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

metalheaddude said:

Most people who going to reach a NW7 lose it all before 25. So I doubt you will lose it all before 25. I think furture NW5 max.

This isn't the rule MH, I have friends who I have watched over the years go from a NW2 to NW6+ in thier mid to late 30's, although I have friends who have literally lost all in thier 20's.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Lucky_UK said:
metalheaddude said:

This isn't the rule MH, I have friends who I have watched over the years go from a NW2 to NW6+ in thier mid to late 30's, although I have friends who have literally lost all in thier 20's.

Well I never said it was the rule. But ive observed that most guys who make it to 30 with very minor hairloss will pretty keep that head of hair (slowly lose it, but not NW7 agressive) and pretty much never go beyond a NW2.5 to NW3. Its very rare to see someone in there mid 30's for example suddenly struck with agressive hairloss and go to a NW7 in 5 years. But it does happen. I just don't hear of many cases personally.

cryton

Reaction score
Re: fireman's story - (21 yr old NW7 destined)

what is fincar? does that come in pill form? how much and where can i get in from in the uk? i am on minoxidil and propecia. Do i just need to add this nizoril to complete the big three?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Fincar is a generic version of propecia, I think :dunno:

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score

It's generic Proscar, made in India.

fireman

Reaction score

Well my dad is a nw7. Absolutely no hair on top so I'm pretty sure that's where I'm heading since I'm losing it at such a young age. It seems to have gotten more aggressive the past few months though so I'm hoping its just a shed from the fincar. Who knows though.

I was thinking about adding minoxidil but that might be too much maintenance for me. I'm sure i'd forget applications all the time. But the fincar is so easy...just gotta pop a pill before bed every night.

Just switched from 1% to 2% Nizoral yesterday(may 11) though. Finally finished up my bottle of 1% which lasted forever. I'm hoping the 2% works better. I need a recommendation for a good shampoo on the off days if anyone has some good ideas. My scalp is kinda itchy so I was hoping to completely get rid of that.

fireman

Reaction score

cryton said:
what is fincar? does that come in pill form? how much and where can i get in from in the uk? i am on minoxidil and propecia. Do i just need to add this nizoril to complete the big three?

I got my FINCAR from inhousepharmacy.com

Got a 4 month supply for around $30 so it ain't too bad. You just have to buy a pill cutter and cut them into 4ths. It really saves you a lot of money.

cryton

Reaction score

i thought nizoral was just for scalp conditions not male pattern baldness? Fincar can enlarge the prostate glad. not sure what the outcome of that is? minoxidil is a pain, not so bad in your own home but a nighmare on the road. i always forget when i get wasted and cant be bothered or i pass out.

fireman

Reaction score

cryton said:
i thought nizoral was just for scalp conditions not male pattern baldness? Fincar can enlarge the prostate glad. not sure what the outcome of that is? minoxidil is a pain, not so bad in your own home but a nighmare on the road. i always forget when i get wasted and cant be bothered or i pass out.

Dude FINCAR and Propecia are the exact same thing. They both have Finasteride which is their active ingredient. The only difference is that FINCAR is 5 mg finasteride and Propecia is 1mg finasteride...which is why you need to cut the FINCAR pills into 1/4ths or 5ths. I do 4ths because it's a lot easier. Also, FINCAR is a hell of a lot cheaper.

I started using Nizoral because it's supposed to thicken up your hair. I actually started using it well before I started FINCAR. It seemed to work pretty good for me because my hair definitely looked thicker.

fireman

Reaction score

Gonna add Jason's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and conditioner to my regimen to help with my itchy scalp. Anyone have a good experience with the shampoo?

Also- gonna switch it up with the finasteride. Instead of 1.25 mg a day I'll go for .625 EOD starting tomorrow. I've been shedding the whole time I've been in fincar and my hairline is getting eaten up. I remember seeing a post about how sometimes less finasteride is better...something to do with increased testosterone?

heretohelp

Reaction score

i would defo try go on the minoxidil and see how it suits you ,if you start to see results (which you should eventually) it can make it easier to keep up the routine and since you have a buzz cut it should be even easier as it wont make your hair "sticky". Literally only takes about 30 seconds once in the morning and at night. I was perscribed nizoral 2% with tea tree oil shampoo on the off days by a highly respected hair transplant surgeon i think this is because it has no perfumes etc.

fireman

Reaction score

ugh this is depressing. The past 2 months I've had horrible shedding all over the top. It seems like it just gets so much worse each week. Even in a picture from about a month ago I can see a huge difference. I'm gonna give the finasteride another few months and if it gets any worse I'm just stopping it.

Maybe the fincar isn't legit? I got my second 4 month supply like 2 months back so hopefully thats not the case...But I don't remember the scalp itch or shedding being so constant before.

heretohelp

Reaction score

dont know bout the itchy prob best to see a doctor or hair transplant surgeon bout that but if your worried bout the fincar not bein legit then to be safe go on proscar tablets. same deal you need to cut them into quarters but there defo FDA approved so maybe this will help. the shedding sometimes takes a while to stop im on the big 3 and have seen good results so u should hang in there but defo look into gettin on the minoxidil have seen great reseluts with people who use it and it can help the hairline - it did for me anyway

fireman

Reaction score

I've been thinking about adding minoxidil but I really don't want to start that. Seems like a really big commitment to me. I'm just gonna ride it out and finish the pills that I have. Hopefully this is just a shed since I've heard about ppl shedding around month 6 on finasteride.

:hump: lol whats with this smiley anyway

fireman

Reaction score

I've been using Jason's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and conditioner and I have to say that it works really well. I think the conditioner is amazing, it has so many good ingredients. My scalp itch is *almost* completely gone. It comes and goes occasionally but it's not nearly as bad as it was before. I recommend that sh*t to everyone! It also seems like I've been shedding less.

I'm gonna put up some more pictures around mid June.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score

I recognize a Comcast remote control anywhere... hahah

I've been hearing very posititve things about Dr. Klein's Promox and actually ordered some... should be arriving soon.

Later, I'll post the regimen that I'm currently assembling.... should prove rather diesel.