Find A Hair Transplant Clinic In Europe

magma11

Reaction score
Hello again! I posted this thread last year to see what my options were.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/help-with-hairline.98190/

But since then I've realized that a hair transplant is my best option. I don't think I'm losing hair, I just think that I've had this hair line since my teens more or less. Don't know the reason, but it's been there since a very long time. Havent noticed any dramatical loss in the past years, only that the same area is bald (temples).

So the Big3 will probably not help me since it's been bald all this time. I tried it a bit (not finasteride though) and there was no results.

I live in Sweden but the prices here are not very cheap, and the doctors aren't the best. So I was thinking about perhaps doing it in Belgium or Turkey since I've heard alot of good reviews. I've also heard good stuff about Poland. I'd like to ask about what clinic I should pick in my case, what can you suggest?

I've heard that Turkey is the best but it feels a bit politically unstable with Erdogan and stuff, so I think I'd prefer Belgium...

But I have some questions. What rights do I have? What if something goes wrong regarding the transplantation? Is my money lost then? Also, I've heard that after a transplantation you have to stay at home doing nothing for 10 days and make sure nothing touches your transplanted hair, otherwise it might be ruined. So if I go abroad, is it really safe to go back to Sweden some day/days later? Going on an airplane and stuff seem a bit risky, if I might bump into someone and risk ruining the transplanted hair. Should I then stay in the country for 10 days recovering before returning to Sweden?

I really need to fix my hair, it ruins me psychologically!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, price is important. Which of the best clinics offer a transplantation of 1000-2000 grafts for under ~3700 USD?

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello again! I posted this thread last year to see what my options were.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/help-with-hairline.98190/

But since then I've realized that a hair transplant is my best option. I don't think I'm losing hair, I just think that I've had this hair line since my teens more or less. Don't know the reason, but it's been there since a very long time. Havent noticed any dramatical loss in the past years, only that the same area is bald (temples).

So the Big3 will probably not help me since it's been bald all this time. I tried it a bit (not finasteride though) and there was no results.

I live in Sweden but the prices here are not very cheap, and the doctors aren't the best. So I was thinking about perhaps doing it in Belgium or Turkey since I've heard alot of good reviews. I've also heard good stuff about Poland. I'd like to ask about what clinic I should pick in my case, what can you suggest?

I've heard that Turkey is the best but it feels a bit politically unstable with Erdogan and stuff, so I think I'd prefer Belgium...

But I have some questions. What rights do I have? What if something goes wrong regarding the transplantation? Is my money lost then? Also, I've heard that after a transplantation you have to stay at home doing nothing for 10 days and make sure nothing touches your transplanted hair, otherwise it might be ruined. So if I go abroad, is it really safe to go back to Sweden some day/days later? Going on an airplane and stuff seem a bit risky, if I might bump into someone and risk ruining the transplanted hair. Should I then stay in the country for 10 days recovering before returning to Sweden?

I really need to fix my hair, it ruins me psychologically!

Thanks in advance!

Look into ********, Lupanzula and Feriduni in Belgium and Koray Erdogan in Turkey. Personally I think Feriduni and Erdogan are the greatest surgeons in Europe. They're are also part of international networks of doctors and internet forums so have a reputation to uphold online and a history of ethical practices and resolving patient issues post-op.

There are no known issues with going on an airplane the day after a procedure and if you're careful it shouldn't be a big issue. In my experience though you won't be able to turn up to work for at least a week before it starts to look semi normal and you've recovered, so if you have the opportunity to stay in the country and cost isn't an issue it would be ideal. Staying at Erdogan's clinic in Istanbul was extremely comfortable and the service was amazing when I went there so if I went back I would probably give it an extra day or two of recovery before leaving.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have a look into Dr Couto from Spain, best results I've ever seen.

He has great results but I heard his waiting list is insane

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
We as a clinic (BHR, Dr. ********) guarantee a minimum of 90% graft survival. If you get a result which falls below that, we will either refund or replace the difference for you.

Like Jeanluc already mentioned you can fly back home the next day after you have had your surgery, no problem at all.

magma11

Reaction score
I think I will need something like 1000-2000 grafts. Haven't been to a consultation but from what I can read that seems like a good estimate. My economy is limited so apart from finding the best clinics, which of the best clinics are the cheapest without sacrificing quality? If I can go under 3700 USD that would be great!

We as a clinic (BHR, Dr. ********) guarantee a minimum of 90% graft survival. If you get a result which falls below that, we will either refund or replace the difference for you.

Like Jeanluc already mentioned you can fly back home the next day after you have had your surgery, no problem at all.

That sounds like a good guarantee. Also, nice to be able to fly home the next day.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I will need something like 1000-2000 grafts. Haven't been to a consultation but from what I can read that seems like a good estimate. My economy is limited so apart from finding the best clinics, which of the best clinics are the cheapest without sacrificing quality? If I can go under 3700 USD that would be great!

That sounds like a good guarantee. Also, nice to be able to fly home the next day.

You'll need more towards 2000 grafts for sure, 1000 is nowhere enough for you.

Dunno who you would get for that price range though. You'd have to find someone less than $2 a graft. Maybe @JeanLucBB can give you some pointers on this.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I would definitely up your budget if you want the best outcome for something that will last you most of your life if they are truly DHT resistant. If you have two doctors who do identical work then you can pick the one who fits best in your budget. You are going to have to narrow it down to two doctors eventually.

magma11

Reaction score
You'll need more towards 2000 grafts for sure, 1000 is nowhere enough for you.

Dunno who you would get for that price range though. You'd have to find someone less than $2 a graft. Maybe @JeanLucBB can give you some pointers on this.

Thanks for the estimate on number of grafts, yes seems like a reasonable number! Then I will have to re-estimate my budget.

I would definitely up your budget if you want the best outcome for something that will last you most of your life if they are truly DHT resistant. If you have two doctors who do identical work then you can pick the one who fits best in your budget. You are going to have to narrow it down to two doctors eventually.

Yes, I can probably go for 5000 usd maximum if I can take a loan. But if I need 2000 grafts that will leave me with 2.5 usd per graft, I hope there are some very good clinics out there that is that cheap?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the estimate on number of grafts, yes seems like a reasonable number! Then I will have to re-estimate my budget.

Yes, I can probably go for 5000 usd maximum if I can take a loan. But if I need 2000 grafts that will leave me with 2.5 usd per graft, I hope there are some very good clinics out there that is that cheap?

Are you factoring in travel expenses, accommodation and medical package charges which are common? Personally I think the best option would be to save the money for an FUE with Erdogan (2.5 euro a graft) in Istanbul or FUT with ******** (3 euro for first 2000) both of which are still cheap relative to broader global prices, but not everyone is as financially well off as I am so that might not be a possibility.

Dr. Acar at Cosmedica and Dr. Cinik (both Istanbul) are both 2000 Euros for unlimited grafts and have very strong reputations, but their procedures are very tech driven and there are a couple of average results from both. Also haven't seen how they respond to a failed result or if they'd back a free touch up or repair in the case of a particularly bad result. If I truly had no means of getting the money together for a more highly regarded doctor and was set on a hair transplant, I would be prepared to go to either of them. Many available results including patient posted online and the majority are very strong. Both have long term experience and a history of consistency.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is Dr. ******** with dense packing low norwoods? Results comparable to Erdogan and Feriduni?

magma11

Reaction score
Are you factoring in travel expenses, accommodation and medical package charges which are common? Personally I think the best option would be to save the money for an FUE with Erdogan (2.5 euro a graft) in Istanbul or FUT with ******** (3 euro for first 2000) both of which are still cheap relative to broader global prices, but not everyone is as financially well off as I am so that might not be a possibility.

Dr. Acar at Cosmedica and Dr. Cinik (both Istanbul) are both 2000 Euros for unlimited grafts and have very strong reputations, but their procedures are very tech driven and there are a couple of average results from both. Also haven't seen how they respond to a failed result or if they'd back a free touch up or repair in the case of a particularly bad result. If I truly had no means of getting the money together for a more highly regarded doctor and was set on a hair transplant, I would be prepared to go to either of them. Many available results including patient posted online and the majority are very strong. Both have long term experience and a history of consistency.

No I'm not factoring in those, I'm only thinking about the price for the transplant. I'm more positive to the FUE method, because FUT will give me a scar in the back of the head... So with Erdogan it would cost 5000 usd if I get 2000 grafts. That's the 80% of the price in Sweden, I know a clinic that flies doctors from Turkey to Sweden and they do the transplant for around 6000 usd. Haven't researched their reputation/quality since the only swedish forum is offline.. But if Erdogan is cheaper and better it sounds like a good deal. Turkey just feels a bit unstable right now, that's why I'm a bit afraid of going there.

So Acar and Cinik, they are basically less than half price. You say they have strong reputations? Then they might be worth it. But only if they are good enough. I don't think they're 50% as good with 50% the price, I think that if they are 90% as good then it's worth it.

Can you please specify what you mean by "their procedures are very tech driven and there are a couple of average results from both"? I didn't quite understand. :)

Last edited:

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is Dr. ******** with dense packing low norwoods? Results comparable to Erdogan and Feriduni?

Def. All those docs are at the top honestly. Not biased here by the way :p. Before I worked for BHR clinic I always mentioned Dr. ******** if someone asked me what the top docs in the world are.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Def. All those docs are at the top honestly. Not biased here by the way :p. Before I worked for BHR clinic I always mentioned Dr. ******** if someone asked me what the top docs in the world are.

Sorry brah, you've lost all credibility.

shookwun

Reaction score
If you cannot afford erdpgan then it's time to sit back and reevaluate your situation before making rash decisions on the '1999 euro unlimited graft package' Which often involves being packed into a cube van like a sardine with four other people having surgery the following day with you.

I don't care if they manage to get results, It's a risk you shouldn't take based on the fact that you are financially at a burden. Which is why you should save up and have surgery with a doctor who gives you his undivided attention and can actually speak english.

All it takes is one slip, one of his 20 technicians performing on you guys to call in sick and next thing you know Karla with a couple weeks experience is practising on your bald head. His credentials would include the 10 week Dr Cole inspired fue course before becoming a certified tech.

You pay for what you get, that included techs who are actual post graduates on medicine and at minimum nurses who are doing extractions on you. Not some random Filipino house keeper.

A few thousand dollars you save is not worth the risk of being a revision case. Wake up before you make any premature decisions that will leave you worse off.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you cannot afford erdpgan then it's time to sit back and reevaluate your situation before making rash decisions on the '1999 euro unlimited graft package' Which often involves being packed into a cube van like a sardine with four other people having surgery the following day with you

That's a poor comparison, because that sounds exactly like erdogan.

shookwun

Reaction score
That's a poor comparison, because that sounds exactly like erdogan.
pretty sure Erdogan only does 2 surgeries a day. which it a common practice with many lead chains nowadays,

these other clinics seem to have teams of techs who do handfuls of patients a day, where the doctors only role is the design of the hairline in most cases.

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
pretty sure Erdogan only does 2 surgeries a day. which it a common practice with many lead chains nowadays,

these other clinics seem to have teams of techs who do handfuls of patients a day, where the doctors only role is the design of the hairline in most cases.

He does 4 a day. he does hairline design and incisions, techs for the rest. had a transplant there a month ago.

shookwun

Reaction score
He does 4 a day. he does hairline design and incisions, techs for the rest. had a transplant there a month ago.
forget that place then also.

Risk I am not willing to take.

I had a surgery with Dr. Ekrem Civa and I was his only patient the entire day. His entire attention was divided to me in which he did a large percentage of extractions, and incisions himself before handing it over to his team to take over.

These FUE mills should be approached with caution regardless of your outcomes. Dr. ******** is a great choice, and you can be rest assured his patient care, and support will be recognized along the journey,.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
All it takes is one slip, one of his 20 technicians performing on you guys to call in sick and next thing you know Karla with a couple weeks experience is practising on your bald head. His credentials would include the 10 week Dr Cole inspired fue course before becoming a certified tech.

And Karla already hates his life, tormented everyday for having a girl's name. No fucks given if he makes your head look like a cactus.

Last edited: